Author Topic: FBI Closes Investigation Into Murder Of B.I.G.  (Read 220 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
FBI Closes Investigation Into Murder Of B.I.G.
« on: March 11, 2005, 08:10:09 AM »
FBI Closes Investigation Into Murder Of B.I.G.
By Nolan Strong
Date: 3/11/2005 9:20 am

The FBI’s investigation into the 1997 murder of the Notorious B.I.G. has come to a close according to a report published today by the Los Angeles Times.

Federal prosecutors reviewed the case and came to the conclusion that there was not enough evidence to prosecute anyone for the brazen shooting, which occurred as a crowded party was letting out the Petersen Auto Museum. The event was an after party for the 1997 Vibe Awards.

The FBI ended the probe in January, after they abandoned the theory that David Mack, a former policeman for the LAPD, may have helped Marion “Suge” Knight orchestrate the murder.

An FBI agent, Philip J. Carson, had been subpoenaed to testify in Wallace’s wrongful death lawsuit against the city of Los Angeles, which is slated to take place on April 12 in a Los Angeles federal court.

The FBI ended the case and told lawyers for Voletta Wallace, Biggie's mother, that Philip J. Carson will not testify in the case and ordered Carson to end his contact with the Wallace’s lawyers.

The head of the criminal division of the FBI said that they closed Carson’s investigation simply because there was not enough evidence.

Wallace’s attorney Perry Sanders discounted the FBI’s explanation and said that credible sources revealed that the LAPD "exerted political pressure on the FBI to lay off the case."

The FBI denied Sanders’ statements.

"No one at the FBI was asked or directed to stop anything," Assistant FBI Director Richard T. Garcia told the LA Times. "This investigation was reviewed diligently by [Carson's] boss on a regular basis and the results were submitted to the U.S. attorney's office. They determined that the evidence was insufficient for prosecution. So we dropped it."

The bureau has been stumped by the murders of Tupac Shakur, who was gunned down in 1996 on the main strip of Las Vegas after a Mike Tyson boxing match and the murder of B.I.G., who was shot down six months later in front of hundreds of people.

Police believed that the murders were the result of a bitter feud between Sean “P. Diddy” Combs’ Bad Boy label and Marion “Suge” Knight’s Death Row Records imprint.

Sources told the LA Times that Carson may have been influenced by Wallace’s lawyers and that his contacts with the attorneys could embarrass the FBI.

Carson maintains that he was never influenced by the lawyers, nor did he share information.

The news comes on the heels of a Newsweek report that suggested the murders of Shakur and Wallace were part of a purported sweeping federal probe into the hip-hop industry.

www.allhiphop.com

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
Re: FBI Closes Investigation Into Murder Of B.I.G.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 10:08:28 AM »
Cases don't really get close coz years from now they'll probably Re-Open that shit..........took awhile for this to happen though

Thirteen

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 10:15:05 AM »
so far rap star killers have a great record... something like 40 rappers have been killed and not a single person in jail... now if that could only be translated into money

make donations to my paypal account and i'll see what i can do about nelly, ja rule, chingy or any other suggestions

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 11:07:29 AM »
so far rap star killers have a great record... something like 40 rappers have been killed and not a single person in jail... now if that could only be translated into money

lmao...........this is so true man, a man can be murdered in 1901 and if they find one hair from tha person who killed him they can find out who tha murderer was today

davida.b.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 02:52:37 PM »

make donations to my paypal account and i'll see what i can do about nelly, ja rule, chingy or any other suggestions

They've been making progress though. Last year, they arrested the killers of E Money Bags. It's not much, but its better than nothing.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 08:58:45 PM »

Oh hell nah

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 09:56:40 PM »
they never gon catch him
United Arab States