Author Topic: Help Xzibit find the next Hip Hop Supastar!  (Read 283 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Help Xzibit find the next Hip Hop Supastar!
« on: March 11, 2005, 01:10:39 AM »
Help Xzibit find the next Hip Hop Supastar! From now till April you can SMS your votes for the hottest MC finalist. Plus, every vote is automatically entered into a Supastar Flyaway sweepstakes and a chance to fly to LA and meet Xzibit. Click here http://www.hiphopsupastar.com   to enter!

www.worldwideconnected.com
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 01:12:10 AM by Inmate »

Big BpG

Re: Help Xzibit find the next Hip Hop Supastar!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 02:30:04 AM »
One of my very good friends Andre Jackson made the top 10 finalists (Dre Yung) and will be performing with Xzibit on April 4th in Chicago. I saw 'Dre today and he gave me his new mixtape and told me all the news. I'm real excited for him. Sony has given him all sorts of free ish. In fact, when I was with him, someone from Sony Records called him. I think he has some Big things in store for him.

Peep Dubcnn in the next few days... there should be an update with his current single and a song he did over the "how we do" beat.

In the mean time check out this song from his mixtape. I have no idea what it's called. I believe it samples a beat, but dre's really trying to expose his lyrics on the mixtape. I like his style. He has lot of potential. Over the past year, Dre has gone from a good friend to a inner city celebrity. I really don't know him much outside the job, but I knew he was trying to get big in the rap game and last July he came up to me with his new song "Moan & Sweat" and wow, I was just shocked. For what he's doing (working at Denny's), he has a lot of hunger. The quality of the song shocked me. It made Madison airplay during their battle of the beats hour. He won 6 straight days, which was a record for a local rapper. Anyway, before I went to Mexico, I saw him, he was buying a video game and he told me he was doing a lot of work in the studio, I told him to freestyle for me and he did. For like 30 minutes straight. I kept throwing words at him...(remember we're in a video game store)... and threw "Nintendo" at him and he said

"Brandon (my name), don't you know this bitch (points to a random customer lady) , she's like a Nintendo cartridge, she could blow off this (points to his dick)"

he did use it, you'll hear it in the "how we do" song

man, when he did that, he took out a pen and wrote it out..."imma use that, you like that right Brandon, Imma use, watch...I can rap anything, Xbox, Playstation, nintendo, super nintendo, sega genesis... you name it Brandon, can't no one mess with me"

haha, he's a cool cat...

anyway, I saw him today again and he sold me the mixtape and told me he was performing with Xzibit on April 4th. I nearly shit my pants. I'm not a huge x to tha z fan, but for him, this is a great chance to get exposure... his song "moan & sweat" is now in daily rotation here in madison... it has blown up since this news. The single has also made it to Milwaukee radio and just last week, they started playing it in Chicago. I'm real excited for him. I wish him a lot of luck. He spends too many days out walking, selling his shitty memorex burned CD's trying expose himself... he's finally getting noticed. I love it.

by the way, here is the mixtape cover, nothing special, but the song is down there too...

Dre Yung - Track 10 (Now or Neva Mixtape)

EDIT: Added More Music

Dre Yung - Throwback

remember, Dubcnn will have more in the coming days.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 11:16:29 AM by Big BpG »

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 04:41:25 AM »
thanks

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 05:52:39 AM »
I'll give him a listen no doubt but tha name Dre Yung is corny sounds like he's a big Dr. Dre fan and switched up tha name a bit........, Xzibit is pimpin' himself alot these days  :o

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 05:58:24 AM »
lmao.............shit is nice man  :o i'm sure i heard that beat before but i can't remember tha name of tha song or tha artist, but tha Dre Yung song is dope no doubt tha nigga is lyrical......

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 06:37:20 AM »
oh yeah, he definately is hot, wanna hear some more for sure

Big BpG

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 10:56:07 AM »
I'll give him a listen no doubt but tha name Dre Yung is corny sounds like he's a big Dr. Dre fan and switched up tha name a bit........, Xzibit is pimpin' himself alot these days  :o

Yea, he used to go by the name "young youth" ... I don't know why he changed it up, but he did... I'll definetly up some more songs

From '93 to '05

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 11:02:52 AM »
Yea, he used to go by the name "young youth" ... I don't know why he changed it up, but he did... I'll definetly up some more songs

Dre Yung  is much better than Young Youth...... ;D

Up some more tracks and try getting tha name of tha one you already posted  8)

Big BpG

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 11:12:13 AM »
Ok, here is one of my favorite from him. I don't know what it's called, but I'll call it "throwbacks" ... it uses the White Tees beat, but his lyrics just impress me... he definetly shows his skills here... he raps about wearing throwbacks, naming off nba players, just listen... it's just funny, but good

Dre Yung - Throwback

I"ll add a few more, if more peeps reply....  ;) ... I'd really like get opinions here, thats why I posted... thanks to those who replied
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 11:15:29 AM by Big BpG »

From '93 to '05

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 12:15:40 PM »
I'll check this one out too.......

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 01:30:32 PM »
i'm sorry if you know this dude, but IMO he's extremely average. WTF is up with the name Dre Young whent there's already a Young Dre. Plus, there's already a Dre Young, that's Dr.Dre (A.k.a. Andre Young). Anyway, the beat used in the first song is Fat Joe - "Live my Lifestyle"
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Big BpG

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2005, 12:46:48 AM »
i'm sorry if you know this dude

he's my friend... I'm not sorry about that.

From '93 to '05

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2005, 12:38:12 PM »
Wow a cover of white tees, how creative