Author Topic: Busta Rhymes To Executive Produce Raekwon’s Album  (Read 294 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Busta Rhymes To Executive Produce Raekwon’s Album
« on: March 18, 2005, 02:46:23 AM »
Busta Rhymes To Executive Produce Raekwon’s Album Posted on Friday, March 18 @ PDT by Emil

Busta Rhymes is planning a pair of rap returns – his own and that of rapper Raekwon. The Flipmode leader said he has jumped on to executive produce the Wu Tang Clan member’s upcoming album, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Part Two.

“As of right now [I’m doing it], absolutely,” he told AllHipHop.com. “We always had a great relationship creatively. It just got to a point where Rae wanted to reach outside of the Wu family to mesh and vibe with other Hip-Hop n***as that he respects. And with the Rza’s blessing, I was able to contribute what I thought would be great for Rae. I’m a big Rae fan. The Cuban Linx album is one of the best albums put together ever.” The pair collaborated on Busta’s Anarchy LP on a song called “The Heist.”

As a sequel to Rae’s 1995 classic Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, he said that it is imperative that the Wu founder has a role in the opus.

“I didn’t want to be involved with it without Rza’s blessing, because it can’t happen with our Rza’s involvement. All I’m trying to do is reestablish that sound [from Only Built 4 Cuban Linx].”

Busta said that, through the course of putting his own album together, he’s been offered tracks that were more conducive to Raekwon’s style and he passed them along.

In the meantime, he said Rae’s classics have kept him motivated in a Hip-Hip era that’s not reflective of his past. “I keep certain classics around me for inspiration when I feel I ain’t getting it from what n***as are putting out right now.”

The Long Island representative is also prepping his own album called The Big Bang, his debut on Dr. Dre’s Aftermath Records and he said that the organization is where his creative heart lies.

“None of the labels that I’ve been on prior to Aftermath have been able to nourish or support the music that I’m able to make now,” Busta said.

Finally, he revealed that he would be party to Dr. Dre’s anticipated album, Detox. None of the three albums have a firm release date.

www.allhiphop.com

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Busta Rhymes To Executive Produce Raekwon’s Album
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 03:19:58 AM »
Well if Busta really cares about bringing Rae's old sound back then Im nothing but happy.Anyways Im really anticipating this album,I miss that old Wu-Tang sound.

'EclipZe

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 03:43:36 AM »
true that, need old skool wu-tang back

wcsoldier

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 04:11:21 AM »
 Yeah I miss the 93-97 Wu area. Anticiping the new Busta too. He has a crazy flow. Just need to spit on hot beats and not to do crossover shit like his song with Maiah

salvador

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 06:21:27 AM »
dre got some beats on rae's new album too

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 06:28:10 AM »
ive been feeling what Busta has been doing recently, i hope these turn out ok...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

ABN

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 06:47:43 AM »
ive been feeling what Busta has been doing recently
yep Busta been rippin the shit he been on lately. i just think he´s one of them niggas that needs to hear that he´s fallin off to get off his ass and prove everybody wrong. and Dre and Busta does dope songs togheter. can´t say that i´m too excited to hear about this new Rae album coz hist last album was borderline wack. i think the whole WU should retire now coz if they keep on puttin out wack albums they gonna taint their reputation as one of the best groups of all time.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 12:24:38 PM »
I can't see any good reason to have Busta Rhymes executive produce the album.

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 12:40:47 PM »
I can't see any good reason to have Busta Rhymes executive produce the album.

exactly.   busta is one of those emcees who always shine on everything they touch, except their own shit

soopa-man

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2005, 03:32:17 PM »
^^^he picks good beats homie straight up! "Baggage Handlers" is dope to me it has a great beat by Rza and dope rhymes by Rae, i mean Rae doesnt have Rza on his albums any more SINCE "CUBAN LINX"! its been awhile only Wu-Tang albums have Rae rappin over RZA instrumentals, thats sad yo, that was part of the "Cuban Linx" dopeness the chemistry between two dope Mc's Rae & Ghost, annd the production giving that KNOCK that Wu had back then, i've heard alot of shyt surrounding Rae's album, first Dre is giving him beats, then Damon Dash is gonna hadle the album, now Busta is executive producing, ALL I NEED FROM IT IS ALOT OF RZA BEATS AND GHOSTFACE COLLABOS, that would make it truly "Cuban Linx 2"...

Christoffer_

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2005, 03:28:17 AM »
I love what Busta has done lately, the guy`s flow and delivery is straight up insane. And I think it`s good to see that he cares about good music, and lend`s Rae a helping hand