Author Topic: G-Unit Excited About Tour With 50 Cent and Eminem  (Read 328 times)

Mr. Humonculous

G-Unit Excited About Tour With 50 Cent and Eminem
« on: March 17, 2005, 10:24:27 AM »
G-Unit Excited About Possible Tour With 50 Cent, Eminem
03.16.2005 9:14 PM EST

Several members of the clique also have albums due this summer.

Though Interscope says a summer tour featuring Eminem and 50 Cent is still just in the talking phase, the members of G-Unit are talking like it's a done deal.

Last week in Cancun, Mexico, during the MTV-hosted spring break festivities, the squad was all smiles when asked about rocking with the general later this year. "If Fif goes on tour, the whole crew gotta go," 50's "Candy Shop" co-star Olivia said. "Everybody is so happy."

Lloyd Banks, who has been performing nonstop by himself on the Hunger for More tour the past several months, also said he can't wait to get onstage with the whole family again.

"You ain't gotta worry about missing a word 'cause I'mma catch it, [Young] Buck gon' catch it," Banks said of the chemistry that comes from working together for several years. "We balance each other out as far as the energy goes. If somebody's tired, somebody has to pick up the pace. I think people know and realize we're very comfortable onstage together. I look forward to it, and to being out there with Em too."

The G-Unit are going to be releasing an abundance of material in the next few months. Olivia's Behind Closed Doors is due in May, followed by Tony Yayo's Thoughts of a Predicate Felon this summer.

"It's just a sexy album," Olivia said of her project. "I'm bringing you behind my closed doors. I'm a real sensual person, so I just wanted to get everybody emotionally involved with Olivia. My music has always been straightforward. I take you on an emotional ride. I bring you through my life. I'm not speaking regular song stuff. I'm coming at every scenario differently. The first single is called 'My Daddy.' I can't even explain that one. It's upbeat, I'm talking about the dude like 'my daddy.' There's all type of stuff in that record."

You may remember Olivia from her song "Bizounce" in 2001, when she was signed to J Records. The long and short of it is that her album didn't sell, so she was dropped, but then Interscope picked her up last year. 50 heard some songs she was working on and asked her to be in G-Unit.

"I expected some people to be a little hesitant, but mostly everybody is excited," she said of becoming the Unit's first lady. "I haven't heard any negativity."

Lloyd Banks is patiently waiting in the wings until his next album drops. He said he's recorded 29 songs thus far and is going to keep making them until just before his album is ready to come out.

"I've got a title but I don't want to give that away because the title has a lot of significance to things that happened in my life and something more major may happen from now until it comes out," he explained. "It's basically finished, but on G-Unit records there's so many artists that we all have two or three months to get our shine on. I'm basically gonna keep making records until it's unfair, until I have a 16-track album that's all hit records.

"It's gonna change 'cause I've changed," he said of the content of the album. "I wrote half of The Hunger for More in my neighborhood before the finances showed up because I knew this was something that was gonna come. I'm more broad on this album. I'll have different features. I had Eminem, Snoop [last time], this album I'll have Em again, Buck, the whole G-Unit, but I might branch out and do a couple of features they don't expect. I have what I call my 'TRL' records — the ones I know can go through the roof. I'm trying to get the biggest [guest artists]."

Young Buck is still working his million-plus-selling Straight Outta Cashville for all it's worth. The album got a second wind at stores last week and will be 53 spots higher on the next Billboard albums chart, and Buck has a split video for "Look at Me Now" and "Bonafide Hustler" coming out soon. The clip was directed by the Saline Project. "It literally speaks for itself,' " Buck said on the set of the clip last month. "Look at me now: from pennies to 20s, from hoopties to Bentleys. It's basically a song taking you from point A to point B."

Like the song, the video has a late '70s/early '80s vibe. Buck is riding down the street in his drop-top on the way to pick up Tony Yayo at the Greyhound bus station. As he rides, he starts reminiscing about his childhood and thinking about what it was like for his father and grandfather growing up. "It's actually the first treatment I read that I didn't have to make no changes to," Buck detailed. "Soon as I read it, I was like, 'This is crazy.' I got at 50 like, 'This is the one.' " Like Banks, Buck is in the studio working on his next album, which will be out after Banks' sophomore effort. Meanwhile, 50's The Massacre is showing no signs of slowing down (see "50 Cent's The Massacre Still Billboard Champ").

For more on 50 Cent, check out the feature "All Eyes On 50 Cent: The Sequel."

Shaheem Reid, with reporting by Evan Levy
mtv.com

'EclipZe

Re: G-Unit Excited About Tour With 50 Cent and Eminem
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 01:05:11 PM »
hmmmm if they come to netherlands again i might go again... last concert i went was shitty arranged ... but the performance from banks and 50 made it worth the money  8)

Jome

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 07:22:58 PM »
May: Olivia - Behind Closed Doors
Summer: Tony Yayo - Thoughts of a Predicate Felon
Fall/winter: Banks - 2nd album, untitled
After that: Buck, 2nd album

Wonder if there's a group album planned in between those.. with Yayo replacing Buck possibly.. ?

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 07:26:59 PM »
maybe at the end of the year theres another G-unit album, i dont think buck will be replaced, the line-up would be 50, yayo, buck, banks

Mr. Humonculous

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 08:44:11 PM »
May: Olivia - Behind Closed Doors
Summer: Tony Yayo - Thoughts of a Predicate Felon
Fall/winter: Banks - 2nd album, untitled
After that: Buck, 2nd album

Wonder if there's a group album planned in between those.. with Yayo replacing Buck possibly.. ?

50 said on mtv that the soundtrack to his movie is goin to be a g-unit album

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 02:38:45 AM »
cool

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 04:14:29 AM »
Wait to see if Banks can release a solid album this time

salvador

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 06:15:18 AM »
wtf g unit excited about touring with 50 ?
50 kicked himself outta g unit now ?

wcsoldier

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 10:03:07 AM »
wtf g unit excited about touring with 50 ?
50 kicked himself outta g unit now ?
We never know  8)