Author Topic: LAKERS SUCK  (Read 2556 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: LAKERS SUCK
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2005, 11:11:16 PM »
Im not a Kobe hater.  I already said hes a great player. Saying that he isnt as good as Jordan is not hating on someone, is it?  He doesnt make anyone better around him.  Thats all I said.  And for the dude who said Pippen was prolly one of the best SG in the last 20 years....Tell me this, would you be saying that if Scottie had never played with Michael"?  I think not.  Scotties numbers were always better when he played with Jordan. 

Kobe will never win another championship unless he gets another Shaq type player on his team.  Shaq makes everyone better because they can get the ball inside out all game.  Kobe just shoots and shoots and turns the ball over almost more than anyone in the league and doesnt make anyone else better.  He still gets his numbers tho  :-X

How can you expect Kobe, who is currently playing hurt, to make the players better when they don't even have an official coach?...Like I said, Jordan had Phil Jackson, Kobe has Frank Hamblen...You see what I'm saying?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2005, 02:05:05 AM »
Im feeling  a little bad making this post, but Ive not been around recently and wont be around regulary in a while to come, so I have to make it short what I have to say on basketball:

-Miami have the best stats in the league and are in top shape right before the playoffs.
-Lakers probably won't make the playoffs.
-Shaq is a MVP contender.
-Kobe didnt even have a good "solo" season. You could at least expect him averaging sick numbers when Shaq is gone, but he sure as hell didnt.

So much for the Kobe is God / Shaq sucks talk before the season started.

Also, James just hit 56 ... in his 2nd season... and will lead his team to the playoffs. Overrated, next Olowakandi, anyone?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2005, 02:42:53 AM »
Im not a Kobe hater.  I already said hes a great player. Saying that he isnt as good as Jordan is not hating on someone, is it?  He doesnt make anyone better around him.  Thats all I said.  And for the dude who said Pippen was prolly one of the best SG in the last 20 years....Tell me this, would you be saying that if Scottie had never played with Michael"?  I think not.  Scotties numbers were always better when he played with Jordan. 

Kobe will never win another championship unless he gets another Shaq type player on his team.  Shaq makes everyone better because they can get the ball inside out all game.  Kobe just shoots and shoots and turns the ball over almost more than anyone in the league and doesnt make anyone else better.  He still gets his numbers tho  :-X

Once again you're not getting the point! It's the SYSTEM who made Pippen the 2nd best player in the league!! Not only Jordan. Jordan is no doubt the best SG ever, maybe the best player ever, a real winner, a real leader etc.. but he never won a damn thing without Phil and his system. Just like Kobe. Get it? Shit he retired because Phil went to Los Angeles leaving the Bulls! Cause he knew it: no Phil, no titles.

acbaylove

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2005, 02:54:45 AM »
Im feeling  a little bad making this post, but Ive not been around recently and wont be around regulary in a while to come, so I have to make it short what I have to say on basketball:

-Miami have the best stats in the league and are in top shape right before the playoffs.

San Antonio has the best stats in the league. But please also consider Miami plays in the easiest conference and division of the NBA. I'm not hating on them, they've built a team to win the league in 1-2 years, so they're doing what they were supposed to do. A great job. But still they play in the East, and still it wont be easy for them to win the ring (Detroit and San Antonio are still better teams, imo).

Right.

No. Wade is.

-Kobe didnt even have a good "solo" season. You could at least expect him averaging sick numbers when Shaq is gone, but he sure as hell didnt.

That's wrong. Kobe is the Lakers. The fucked up thing is that Lakers in the 4th quarters are keep playing the "pass it to Kobe" offence, and Kobe is shooting with 2 or 3 defenders against him. Shit have you seen last night match vs the Sonics? Other teams are playing like a team, Lakers is playing like a "solo". But it's not only Kobe's fault. I dont even think it's Kobe being selfish! It's just that Atkins, Mihm, Butler, even Odom has no balls to take the team over their shoulders when Kobe has a no-night or when he's doubled. Hamblen says 2 times a week in his press conferences that other players should be more selfish and they should take some responsabilities................. damn!! It has nothing to do with Kobe! It's more like Lakers dont have a system!

Ranks #2 in the NBA in Points Per Game (27.9)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Minutes Per Game (41.7)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Triple-doubles (4.0)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Free Throws Per 48 Minutes (10.17)
Ranks #4 in the NBA in Points Per 48 Minutes (32.0)
Ranks #7 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking (24.41)
Ranks #18 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking Per 48 Minutes (28.07)

Well that was a dumb statement.

Also, James just hit 56 ... in his 2nd season... and will lead his team to the playoffs. Overrated, next Olowakandi, anyone?

Carmelo Anthony?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2005, 04:27:09 AM »

San Antonio has the best stats in the league. But please also consider Miami plays in the easiest conference and division of the NBA. I'm not hating on them, they've built a team to win the league in 1-2 years, so they're doing what they were supposed to do. A great job. But still they play in the East, and still it wont be easy for them to win the ring (Detroit and San Antonio are still better teams, imo).

That is simply wrong. Just wrong. Miami has the better record and is on a winning streak. Fact. Not opinion. Fact. Of course it won't be easy for them to win the ring, noone will it have easy to win the ring. Thing is a couple years ago Lakers DID have it easy to win the ring and now look at them when Shaq is gone and then look at the team Shaq went to.

Right.

No. Wade is.

The dudes who make the decision who gets the Awards favor Shaq over Wade, Im pretty sure on that. You can argue that Wade is the better player and all, but that's not really the point.

That's wrong. Kobe is the Lakers. The fucked up thing is that Lakers in the 4th quarters are keep playing the "pass it to Kobe" offence, and Kobe is shooting with 2 or 3 defenders against him. Shit have you seen last night match vs the Sonics? Other teams are playing like a team, Lakers is playing like a "solo". But it's not only Kobe's fault. I dont even think it's Kobe being selfish! It's just that Atkins, Mihm, Butler, even Odom has no balls to take the team over their shoulders when Kobe has a no-night or when he's doubled. Hamblen says 2 times a week in his press conferences that other players should be more selfish and they should take some responsabilities................. damn!! It has nothing to do with Kobe! It's more like Lakers dont have a system!

Ranks #2 in the NBA in Points Per Game (27.9)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Minutes Per Game (41.7)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Triple-doubles (4.0)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Free Throws Per 48 Minutes (10.17)
Ranks #4 in the NBA in Points Per 48 Minutes (32.0)
Ranks #7 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking (24.41)
Ranks #18 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking Per 48 Minutes (28.07)

Don't get me wrong Im not saying Kobe plays like your average SG. All Im saying is that his performances definitely don't drive anyone crazy, which they should because I don't think he will improve much as a player and the times in which you could argue Shaq is "taking" Kobe's points are over.

Carmelo Anthony?

Well Im not entirely sure what you are implying right now. IF you are trying to claim that you can compare Anthony to James you should never talk to me again. IF you are referring to that "Overrated, next Olowakandi, anyone?" it is of course an exaggeration but yeah it's aight.
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2005, 04:51:12 AM »
That is simply wrong. Just wrong. Miami has the better record and is on a winning streak. Fact. Not opinion. Fact. Of course it won't be easy for them to win the ring, noone will it have easy to win the ring. Thing is a couple years ago Lakers DID have it easy to win the ring and now look at them when Shaq is gone and then look at the team Shaq went to.

San Antonio lost against Detroit last night. Before that, they were n.1 in the League, that's why i wrote so. Also considering they play in the West. Anyway that's not even the point, they're two great teams, and Detroit is another great team. One of those 3 will win the ring, probably. About the Lakers-Miami thing, what you say is obvious. But let's try to look at it a little bit deeper. I mean Riley built Miami to win the title in 1 max 2 years. He has destroyed salary flexibility, he has traded two young good players, he has added only role players and he only has a good superstar in Wade, other than Shaq. It's a do or die situation. If Miami doesnt win the ring in 1-2 years, they'll probably have to rebuild the team from zero. You know what i mean? They risked. Lakers did a whole different thing. They didnt want to build a team to win the ring. They wanted to build a young team to win the ring in 3-4 years. They have Kobe, a superstar, plus Odom, Butler, Mihm, even George, Walton.. 5 good young players. Their plot was to reach the play-offs this year (ok, it's a failure, i give you that) and to add flexibility in their roster, building a young team, to try to get a superstar in 2 years. Hopefully Yao or Amare. You can argue that they did the worse thing, trying to rebuild a team who was still capable to win 1-2 more rings.. and i can give you that! But it was been Buss' decision. You know what i mean? They chosed to rebuild the team. So all the Lakers fans should understand it and should wait 2-3 more seasons for their team to be a good team. Right now they're still developing as a team and they still need to make some trades (ex. Divac, George, etc..). Do you agree? Then obviously NO SHAQ NO TITLE.

The dudes who make the decision who gets the Awards favor Shaq over Wade, Im pretty sure on that. You can argue that Wade is the better player and all, but that's not really the point.

Yeah, but Shaq is having the worse stats of his career, that's what i mean. In the wackest coast (for Centers).

Don't get me wrong Im not saying Kobe plays like your average SG. All Im saying is that his performances definitely don't drive anyone crazy, which they should because I don't think he will improve much as a player and the times in which you could argue Shaq is "taking" Kobe's points are over.

It's Kobe who didnt understand that. Having Shaq in your team is nothing but a great thing for the team and for everybody else in the team. Kobe did a mistake thinking Shaq was stopping his development as a player. I agree with you here.

Well Im not entirely sure what you are implying right now. IF you are trying to claim that you can compare Anthony to James you should never talk to me again. IF you are referring to that "Overrated, next Olowakandi, anyone?" it is of course an exaggeration but yeah it's aight.

The second thing.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2005, 05:02:21 AM »

San Antonio lost against Detroit last night. Before that, they were n.1 in the League, that's why i wrote so. Also considering they play in the West. Anyway that's not even the point, they're two great teams, and Detroit is another great team. One of those 3 will win the ring, probably. About the Lakers-Miami thing, what you say is obvious. But let's try to look at it a little bit deeper. I mean Riley built Miami to win the title in 1 max 2 years. He has destroyed salary flexibility, he has traded two young good players, he has added only role players and he only has a good superstar in Wade, other than Shaq. It's a do or die situation. If Miami doesnt win the ring in 1-2 years, they'll probably have to rebuild the team from zero. You know what i mean? They risked. Lakers did a whole different thing. They didnt want to build a team to win the ring. They wanted to build a young team to win the ring in 3-4 years. They have Kobe, a superstar, plus Odom, Butler, Mihm, even George, Walton.. 5 good young players. Their plot was to reach the play-offs this year (ok, it's a failure, i give you that) and to add flexibility in their roster, building a young team, to try to get a superstar in 2 years. Hopefully Yao or Amare. You can argue that they did the worse thing, trying to rebuild a team who was still capable to win 1-2 more rings.. and i can give you that! But it was been Buss' decision. You know what i mean? They chosed to rebuild the team. So all the Lakers fans should understand it and should wait 2-3 more seasons for their team to be a good team. Right now they're still developing as a team and they still need to make some trades (ex. Divac, George, etc..). Do you agree? Then obviously NO SHAQ NO TITLE.

Yeah, but Shaq is having the worse stats of his career, that's what i mean. In the wackest coast (for Centers).

It's Kobe who didnt understand that. Having Shaq in your team is nothing but a great thing for the team and for everybody else in the team. Kobe did a mistake thinking Shaq was stopping his development as a player. I agree with you here.

The second thing.

I agree with everything. But I have to add that you are dreaming if you think they will get Amaré or Yao. Both are happy with their teams and their teams are happy with them. Plus Lakers have no cap room.
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2005, 06:04:29 AM »
Lakers will have cap room in 2007 but yes, i think it's a dream too. :-\

'EclipZe

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2005, 07:03:05 AM »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2005, 11:40:02 AM »

Again, people aren't getting the point...Shaq isn't even the best player on his team...Kobe might not have had his best season ever, but what do you mean he didn't even have a good solo season? Kobe has been doing his part, as I've already stated, it's the other players who ain't progressing...LeBron hit 56 and Toronto still beat them...LMAO...Do us all a favor and stay doing what you're doing so WCC doesn't have to read your bullshit ass posts...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2005, 11:50:41 AM »

Kobe did a mistake thinking Shaq was stopping his development as a player. I agree with you here.

I don't think Kobe ever said something like that...Kobe claimed it would be an honor to play with Shaq on his team for the rest of his career last year after they lost the title.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2005, 11:52:23 AM »

I don't think it's a dream...Lakers are a sought after team...Every big name player turned free agent will look into the Lakers when they get their cap room...

acbaylove

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »
Kobe did a mistake thinking Shaq was stopping his development as a player. I agree with you here.
I don't think Kobe ever said something like that...Kobe claimed it would be an honor to play with Shaq on his team for the rest of his career last year after they lost the title.

He said it. He said it about Phil, and he said it about Shaq. But it's over now, i think he understood the mistake and i hope he'll accept Phil coming back to L.A. next year (that's what i hope).

acbaylove

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2005, 12:08:44 PM »

I don't think it's a dream...Lakers are a sought after team...Every big name player turned free agent will look into the Lakers when they get their cap room...

In 2007, yeah! I dont know. That's the OG plot of Buss. We will see.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2005, 12:13:32 PM »

He said it. He said it about Phil, and he said it about Shaq. But it's over now, i think he understood the mistake and i hope he'll accept Phil coming back to L.A. next year (that's what i hope).

Show me where he said that (not implied that)...