Author Topic: Does anyone listen to "lounge"?  (Read 142 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Does anyone listen to "lounge"?
« on: March 28, 2005, 12:55:54 AM »
I went to this restaurant the other day where they constantly played lounge, and I have to admit that I really liked it. I never bothered checking out some lounge music, but after hearing those songs, I'm really interested.

Can some of you give me advice on good lounge artists/compilations/...?

ecrazy

Re: Does anyone listen to "lounge"?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 12:57:06 AM »
whats lounge? like smooth jazz or something, like elevator music?...i like that stuff too, my mom plays stuff like that a lot, jazzy tunes, dont know the artists though...sorry?...can u fill me in on lounge though?

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 01:01:13 AM »
Yeah, I guess you can compare it to "smooth jazz". Also, 95% of the songs I heard were instrumental...it's that type of music you could play during a romantic dinner.

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 01:57:04 AM »
everybody that is into that kind of music should check this site out..http://www.eslmusic.com/

go to the artist section to read and listen to different artists

i recommend Thievery Corporation..they are one of the biggest names in lounge music

http://www.eslmusic.com:8080/ramgen/Thievery%20Corporation/Sounds%20From%20the%20Thievery%20Hi-fi/tcconan.rm?usehostname Thievery Corportion on Conan O'Brien show

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 06:49:20 AM »
cafe delmar.. or something like that.oo and ministry of sounds.. i like it, my friend is obsessed with it, and its always in his car, and its rather chillin, and i gotta download some theivery corporation, cause the 1 song of the garden state ost is dope

'EclipZe

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 09:11:24 AM »
ye man that shit is relaxing 8)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 01:55:45 AM »
cafe delmar.. or something like that.oo and ministry of sounds.. i like it, my friend is obsessed with it, and its always in his car, and its rather chillin, and i gotta download some theivery corporation, cause the 1 song of the garden state ost is dope

Thanks for the names...I'll do some research 8)
Anyone else got some tips/advice?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 03:37:25 AM »
I´m really not big into that stuff, but I can recommend Thievery Corporation too, they´re nice. Check out Zero 7 too, or maybe Kruder & Dorfmeister. whiteboy mentioned Cafe del Mar, a friend of mine is into it, i barely know it myself tbh. Air is a good band too, blending strongly into the trip-hop genre (which Thievery Corporation does too though, and lounge and trip-hop can sometimes be very close anyways)...a band I just discovered is Sia, they got a lil R´n´B twist to many of their songs. But I´m not too versed in this genre, so I´m not exactly sure if this is what you´re looking for, but it should go in the right direction...

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 04:09:50 AM »
^^^^Thanks for the names...I'll do some research tonight to see if that's the music I'm looking for...

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »
There's also some funky ass smooth jazz.  If that's what you're looking for, peep Richard Elliot, Rick Braun, and Boney James.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 09:41:41 PM »
i have an entire album of Zero 7 if u want. I got a whole bunch of shit like that. Acutally, not that much, but i have some shit in that genre
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 06:28:40 AM »
^^^^Cool, I'll holler at you.