Author Topic: Horrorcore = underrated  (Read 161 times)

davida.b.

Horrorcore = underrated
« on: March 27, 2005, 07:17:33 PM »
I think know Horrorcore is EXTREMELY underrated. Some people may only think the only horrocore is Brotha Lynch Hung, ICP and their camp, and a select few but there is alot more, here's some artists: http://www.mentalityrecords.com/phpbb2/phpbb2/index.php (some of the are good, some you probably won't like)

The horrocore scene is still alive and kicking, it's just alot of people sleeping on it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 07:29:12 PM by david "Dirt Dog" a.b. »

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Horrorcore = underrated
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 07:32:58 PM »
I dunno man.  I really haven't listened to enough of that stuff to comment truthfully, but it seems like an aquired taste.  I've never been much of a Brotha Lynch Hung fan, and haven't given ICP a try.

davida.b.

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 07:41:39 PM »
I dunno man.  I really haven't listened to enough of that stuff to comment truthfully, but it seems like an aquired taste.  I've never been much of a Brotha Lynch Hung fan, and haven't given ICP a try.

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly say it's for everyone. If you aren't into it, it's cool, to each his own.

I reccomend you start off with Insane Poetry, Esham, KGP or Ganksta NIP.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 07:50:15 PM by david "Dirt Dog" a.b. »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 07:52:18 PM »
Ive met esham a few times...

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 07:53:41 PM »

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly say it's for everyone. If you aren't into it, it's cool, to each his own.

I reccomend you start off with Insane Poetry, Esham, KGP or Ganksta NIP.
Aite I'll check em out

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 11:18:34 PM »
ill stick to the Psychological camp for horrorcore and death rap, Ive never liked ICP, they're shitty IMO

-KIDRENEGADE-

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 05:21:32 AM »
i love Lynch, but that´s also cause his shit reaches far beyond just ´horrorcore´. It´s like a mixture of raw street shit and atmospheric horror shit, that´s partly why "Season Of Da Siccness" is prolly one of my top 10 hiphop albums ever. Other than that...Necro gets boring on the mic after 2 songs, Mr. Hyde after 2 lines, to me at least. I could never even get close to feeling ICP, don´t like Esham and no other horrorcore rap act that i could think of, unless you count X-Raided, he´s a pretty dope MC actually, but not really horrorcore IMO

The Watcher

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 05:42:50 AM »
gravediggaz!
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 06:38:07 AM »
gravediggaz!

yeah, you can count that. they were dope (RIP Poetic)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 06:46:45 AM »
i like the production sometimes (necro).. but its too negative for me, i dont like hearing about that..

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 09:16:24 AM »
gravediggaz!

yeah, you can count that. they were dope (RIP Poetic)

werent they were the ones that coined the horrorcore term ?..

...i remember reviews etc back in the day for the first album going on about it...

...gravediggaz and lynch  are my favourites no doubt...6ft deep is one of my favourites of all time...cos they are articulate, intelligent & tongue-in-cheek too

i have a grip of esham,icp,twiztid,mars,HOK,necro,defekt etc etc but i NEED to be in the right mood to listen..and cant listen to a whole lot @ once
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 09:30:03 AM by OpTiCaL »

'EclipZe

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 09:32:54 AM »
i like the production sometimes (necro).. but its too negative for me, i dont like hearing about that..

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 02:09:33 PM »
Obviously everyone knows I'm an ICP fan.  I think that whoever has heard them and doesn't like them, have probably heard the wrong songs...probably from wrestling :-\  Those are garbage.  I'll have to up some tracks sometime for everyone to check out.  I promise you'll like it.  Dope production and humorous lyrics....I don't see how you can't like it (then again, I guess not everybody has much of a sense of humor).

Lynch and Esham are tied to me.  Actually, they are my favorite rappers overall, both horrorcore.  Necro is tight as fuck, too.  He's a great lyricist, but if he'd expand his subject matter he could be real big IMO.