Author Topic: Honda IMAS (100 miles per gallon)  (Read 194 times)

Matrix Heart

Honda IMAS (100 miles per gallon)
« on: April 06, 2005, 09:48:22 PM »
Honda says that it drew inspiration for the IMAS concept car from the bicycle, a responsive mode of transport that makes it easy to get where you need to go while doing minimal damage to the environment. While the IMAS still does more damage than your average bike through its use of petroleum, it is yet another application of Honda's gas/electric Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) system — and this time the company claims to have used this technology to create a fun-to-drive sports car rather than a basic urban runabout like the Civic Hybrid or Insight.

Of course, to look at the IMAS is to see a more futuristic version of the Insight, and Honda was mum on the all-important matters of engine size, horsepower and suspension components, offering only the assurance that this is an exceptionally lightweight sports car. Built mostly with carbon fiber and aluminum, the IMAS weighs in at approximately 1,542 pounds — about 300 pounds lighter than the Insight. And its coefficient of drag is said to be just 0.20 compared to the Insight's 0.25. Honda estimates fuel economy at 40 kilometers per liter, which works out to about 94 mpg — far more frugal than any production gas/electric hybrid we've seen thus far. An electronically controlled throttle works with a shaftless variable gear steering system (VGS) to produce precise throttle response and handling, according to Honda.

Inside the two-person cockpit, designers wanted the car to have the "naked interior of a road racer," and as such, there are many exposed metal components. The instrument panel and the navigation screen mounted on top of the dash are constructed of thin, transparent material. And the steering wheel assumes an aeronautical design, rather than the usual doughnut.

*Think of the IMAS concept as an Insight with the soul of a CRX. With a "naked" interior that recalls a racing bike, the IMAS features a gasoline-electric hybrid powertrain and a carbon fiber composite teardrop body with a drag coefficient of just 0.20. The bottom line is that you can achieve 112 mpg—and have fun doing it, too.

Large photo

Large photo
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 12:46:28 PM by K A I N »

Sikotic™

Re: Honda IMAS (100 miles per gallon)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 10:25:53 PM »
I'd rather drive a Scion
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 12:33:19 AM »
WTF is dis crap man i swear cars are gettin uglier by the months comin y coodnt they make a normal lookin car the people wood drive wit the same components as this ugly fuckin shit they need to re think wat they are doin i personaly dont see a normal person in their rightful mind drivin shit like thiis unless they are in some desperate state of shortage on cash to spend on gas or a freakin enviornmentalist

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 10:21:27 AM »
that car looks like it was in I, Robot. not bad looking though

Thirteen

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 11:52:37 AM »
i'd rather drive a diesel 18 wheeler with a leaky gas tank than that fake ass futuristic wannabe prop car

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 12:14:30 PM »
that shit is ugly

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 12:22:02 PM »
LOL

Driving an ugly car and fucking an ugly bitch is no way to go through life...

Matrix Heart

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 12:40:14 PM »
LOL

Driving an ugly car and fucking an ugly bitch is no way to go through life...

There you go again relying on a car to get you a girl.

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 12:45:07 PM »
LOL!

Enya's fine?

I guess you forgot about that time you posted that "model" up saying how fine she was and EVERYBODY said she looked like she fell face first into a campfire.

Matrix Heart

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 01:00:33 PM »
LOL!

Enya's fine?

I guess you forgot about that time you posted that "model" up saying how fine she was and EVERYBODY said she looked like she fell face first into a campfire.

Enya is fine, she might be getting old but still good looking.

;D :nahnah:

Woodrow

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 01:42:31 PM »

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2005, 03:41:32 PM »
what an ugly car.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 04:14:23 PM »
LOL!

Enya's fine?

Enya is fine, she might be getting old but still good looking.

;D :nahnah:

fuckin ew

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2005, 01:47:10 AM »

dat car is a bently compared to this

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005, 01:42:39 PM »
i'd rather drive a pinto and have the gas tank explode than drive that car.............something looks not right with that shit, like it's not circumsized or some shit.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09