Author Topic: Godfather Director Disapproves of Game  (Read 195 times)

Thirteen

Godfather Director Disapproves of Game
« on: April 09, 2005, 12:34:25 AM »
Godfather film director whacks Godfather game

Francis Ford Coppola is none too pleased with Electronic Arts' adaptation of his classic mob movie.
When Electronic Arts announced it was adapting The Godfather last year, many cinephiles wondered how the operatic mafia drama would translate into a game. Then this year, it was revealed that Robert Duvall, James Caan, and the late Marlon Brando had all recorded voice-overs for it. The involvement of the stars gave the project a big boost in the credibility department, raising hopes for the game.

Now, however, the man primarily responsible for The Godfather film is speaking out against the Godfather game. According to several wire services, writer-director Francis Ford Coppola expressed his displeasure with Paramount Pictures for selling off the game rights on the American Movie Classics cable network show Sunday Morning ShootOut.

"I knew nothing about it. They never asked me if I thought it was a good idea," he reportedly said. His ire was further riled when he was given a preview build of the game by EA. "They use the characters everyone knows, and then for the next hour they shoot and kill each other. I had absolutely nothing to do with the game, and I disapprove," he was quoted as saying.

The Godfather game is slated for a fourth quarter 2005 release for the PC, PSP, Xbox, and PlayStation 2. EA, its developer and publisher, has said it will be rated "M" for Mature. GameSpot's previous coverage has more information on the film adaptation

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
Re: Godfather Director Disapproves of Game
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 02:21:51 PM »
i say they dump this game its ganna be fuckin wack

Godfather film director whacks Godfather game

LOL

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 05:07:45 PM »
Shut up Coppola and let us play the fucking game
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 10:27:39 PM »
i don't blame the man, he created this movie one of the true classics of all time and gets no say in this?  i'm looking forward to this game but i just hope they don't fuck it up or anything
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 02:48:02 AM »
FFC has always been a director (believe it or not) who has been against blood, violence and crime in movies, he only believes in it when it's serving and appropriate to the story.......this game is basically suppose to be just gratuitous violence so i can see where he's coming from. As much as love the godfather the movie though i'd HATE the fucking game if it was all story like the movie :::slaps on the new 50 cent cd and puts on track 15 and pretend to play godfather game:::

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 11:00:24 AM »
The thing is that the Godfather was never really a street level film, it was more about the whole family philosophy of a Gangster family, which is why I think FFC is annoyed that they are turning the game into basically a violence fest. To be honest, for the game that they are making they would have been better off making a Goodfellas game, as that is more along the lines of what it sounds like the game is going to be.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 12:02:28 PM »
The thing is that the Godfather was never really a street level film, it was more about the whole family philosophy of a Gangster family, which is why I think FFC is annoyed that they are turning the game into basically a violence fest. To be honest, for the game that they are making they would have been better off making a Goodfellas game, as that is more along the lines of what it sounds like the game is going to be.

Yup, exactly

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 10:14:20 AM »
a goodfellas game would be fuckin' tight. run around with tommy fucking people up, be henry coked out of your mind sellin' shit in the pen, play as jimmy the gent and have people wacked, then burry and dig up bats .....tight shit man. lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 12:32:51 PM »
i love the godfather movies, as stated before, its about the family.

I think they shouldve made a ganster game, just not with the godfather name.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 02:08:17 PM »
a goodfellas game would be fuckin' tight. run around with tommy fucking people up, be henry coked out of your mind sellin' shit in the pen, play as jimmy the gent and have people wacked, then burry and dig up bats .....tight shit man. lol

hahaha that would fucking dope, running around as Tommy and saying "do i look like a fucking clown?"
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?