Author Topic: man what happend to em... is he... ???  (Read 430 times)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: man what happend to em... is he... ???
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2005, 07:48:59 AM »
encore is the first em cd i haven't bought...honestly it's about a 2/5 on my scale. there wasn't one song on that cd that gave me the feeling i got when i first heard stan or rock bottom or any song he writes that has meaning to it. yellow brick road was ok and never enough was dope but i mean out of 20 tracks i was only feeling 4 or 5 and that ain't good, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

westkoastanostra

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 09:59:32 AM »
encore may not have been his best...but that dont meen dude fell off....he may come back harder on his next album...one wack album dont meen that its over for him...plenty of rappers make a wack album and comeback with a harder one....i actually thought encore wasn't as bad as ppl say it is

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 11:16:24 AM »
But this album still sold so em will have to do them next time as well

I'm a fan of Eminem and all...but compared to his previous efforts I'm almost certain ''Encore'' hasn't sold as well. Em's latest has been out since November and has sold approximately 4.5 mill. 50's been out for a little over a month and is VERY near 3 Million (I think he's in the upper regions of 2.9). Fair enough, you may think, 4-5 Million is still a hell of a lot but not when compared to ''MMLP'' and ''The Eminem Show'' which all reached diamond status (10 Mill) in the USA if I'm not mistaken. Plus, ''Encore'' is pretty much done sales-wise IMO - especially when you consider he's already released videos for ''Just Lose It'', ''Mosh'', ''Like Toy Soldiers'' and ''Mockingbird'' and I've heard that ''Ass Like That'' is on the way after that. If he releases ANOTHER single after ''ALT'' people are going to think he's either a) desperate for sales or b) milking this record for all he's got. Either way, its not going to look too good for him. ''Encore'' is (IMO) a done deal and I think will finish at around 5 Mill. At the end of the day, I doubt Jimmy Iovine gives a damn about whether an Em record is critically praised or panned, all he will be interested in is the sales. And, considering Em's previously overwhelming success, I wouldn't be surprised if he was more than a little disappointed with ''Encore's'' final numbers. I was expecting both more from the album and more of an impact on the charts.

What's even crazier is when you consider that 50's record is really only getting started. Like I mentioned earlier, he's only been on shelves for about a month and the project still has plenty of steam. The video for ''Just A Lil Bit'' hasn't premiered yet (not over here in the UK anyway) and he can probably push another 2 singles after that. Its definately a possibility that he will overtake Em in terms of sales. And, no, I'm not even trying to dickride 50 (Career-wise I still prefer Em's output) I am simply stating the facts. I don't think anyone on the board could deny that possibility.

Ah well, hopefully the lukewarm reaction to ''Encore'' will force Em to come harder next time - maybe Iovine will even loosen the reigns and give him a bit more creative control over the singles that he releases. We can but hope...

"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2005, 11:33:40 AM »
Em Was A Crazy Son Of A.... But Now I Think He's Like Scared Do Some Ridah Shit ???

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 01:14:41 PM »
Eminem is still nice. One album doesn't mean he completely fell off. You could always come back like how Nas did. I didn't buy Encore but I'll support Eminem if he drops quality music.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2005, 02:07:15 PM »
man, as big as eminem fan as i am, i cant see him bouncing back, since wack ass encore its all been downhill, i hated the song on the game cd, and that fuckin gatman crap, hes trying this whole production thing, and failing miserbly, and like home said, he aint got shit to rap about. i can see him doing a couple dope songs on detox, but if he aint comin out with a sick album, he shouldnt even try for it.