Author Topic: A Plea to West Coast + New Dogg Pound MP3 clip from front page  (Read 527 times)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: A Plea to West Coast + New Dogg Pound MP3 clip from front page
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2005, 01:26:27 PM »
If you don't like the DPGs and veterans NOW, just don't listen to them. I'd rather get a new Warren G, Dogg Pound or DJ Quik than ANY newcomer's album. But I'm not like "I don't like Game, he needs to quit, labels need to stop putting out his albums". Every album is welcomed and appreciated; let them all take a chance - then it's your work to choose what better suits your tastes. And understand that not everybody likes the same stuff. It seems obvious, but most people don't really UNDERSTAND it.

About the vets needing to quit to make room for the youngsters... I don't see it like that. Vets don't need to stop holding the spotlight for the young talents to shine... newcomers need to STEP UP AND TAKE IT! If the spotlight is still on the same people it was ten years ago it's cause it's what the listeners wanna hear and there's no new generation yet. There might be one, two, five... young talented MCs, but not a generation to take over.

And who are you (or anybody) to tell any artist when to retire? Would you retire at 35 years old and stop making money? Let them do what they gotta do. It might be that easy to you, you step in a record store, listen a new Warren G album, don't like it and say "this guy's done, he needs to retire"... man, I'd fucking sell half my albums for a new Warren G CD. Plus it's his (the artist's) LIFE. It's what he likes to do, it's how he earns his money. How can you step up to him and say: "Look, I don't like your albums anymore. Retire. Now".

REMEMBER THAT NOT EVERYONE HAS THE SAME TASTES. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T BUT IT. THERE AIN'T ANYTHING EASIER THAN THAT.

That's REAL TALK!!!
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2005, 02:24:25 PM »
If the music is tight, bump it. I don't care how old they are. Dr.Dre is 40, and hes still on top. But the diff is Daz Quik, Kurupt, are working with the youngins, bring them into the buss. You think game would have made it without Dre? Prob not.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2005, 02:28:57 PM »
maybe because you dont need to listen to a gang of rich 40 year olds talking about bein on the block and how hard life is. let these young cats do that & get in the limelight
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LatinoThugPassion

• 'G'
  • Theze Nuttz
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2005, 03:36:27 PM »
problem wit them is they stay using the same sound maybe in europe and some american fans think g funk can bring the west back but reality its dead new sound= westcoast on top
for westcoast to be on top they need to sell outside the westcoast platnium numbers
otherwise the rest of the country could care less' let game do his thing let bishop do his thing
the old school artists need to adapt to times or quit and do shows in vegas
Latin Thug Passion

HK Mofo

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 10:38:01 PM »
Don't get me wrong.  If u still bump at 55 I'm gonna buy you.  It's like boxing.  Look at Foreman.  He still had it at 50.  Some boxers lose it at 25 and must retire.   But if you're 25 or whatever age and you are played out and trying to do what he says:

{{maybe because you dont need to listen to a gang of rich 40 year olds talking about bein on the block and how hard life is. let these young cats do that & get in the limelight}}

So the point of buy or don't buy is not real because it is irrelevant to the discussion.  If you're spent and you are fake now it's time to get out and RETIRE.  A lot of fans live in the past.  Some stuff was good in the early 90s but now you've got nothing and it's time to upgrade your ears too.  I mean we can't keep listening to New Edition reunions now...can we???

And once again Dre?  As long as he keeps doing what he's been doing, STAY forever.  From what I've heard Dogg Pound and Warren G have nothing.  They keep trying to come back then flop.  Quit creating a buzz based off of your old days when you are too far in love with your own garbage to put in real work and be TRUE.   But to the other hasbeens:  Quit trying to say "I'm bringin' the west coast back" when you can't produce a $0.50 beat.   If you are played out, living in the past, and are no longer creative and original you won't sell and you suck.  So get out.  Mutherf'rs.

FEEL ME:  Embrace the present, competitive market and I'm comin' up and open your ears for the NEW original  movement.

It's verrrrry f'n SIMPLE.

DrewDogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Veni Vidi Vici / v3 /
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2005, 09:15:59 AM »
This is where i think this whole West Coast Conference comes in handy.

Personally, I discover new artists through association more times than not. Especially before DubCNN started doing a great job bringing so many dope interviews and hookups.

I think these artists need to start working together more. Networking. It puts you in the attention of listeners that might not neccessarily heard of you. A good example would be when Snoop Dogg and Xzibit did Bitch Please, them many years ago. At that age, I followed mainly mainstream rap. I seen the "What you see is what you get" video, cause it was video of the year in like 98 on BET. but that was it. After that Bitch Please album, I got interested in X and became a fan. These high profile artists should feature west coast artists they have faith in and collab. And not just appear on their album, where the mainstream still don't give a shit about. Have them come onto singles. Not looking for local attention, they gotta get attention all over, and get sales like Game. Make money together and create oppourtunities. Open doors for these young up and comers.

Another great way, was through DubCNN. Without it, being in Canada, I wouldn't know who the fuck Bishop Lamont is. I remember reading a Guerilla Black interview and he mention Lamont, I was like "who the fuck is that?" The next day, I come across a Bishop Lamont update on Dubcnn. Same way for Sly Boogy, Glasses Malone, etc. I fuckin love this place. lol.

As for the DPG, I think they should be recruiting for a next generation. There's a helluvalot of talent out there. At one point, I thought Roscoe was the start of a new DPG generation. Kinda like the dungeon fam, they got a second generation of rappers. Though, it doesn't look too promising to affiliate yourself with them anymore, seeing what happened with Kokane, E-White, Tray-Deee.

Anyway, these vets retiring is out of the question, they may be past their prime, but doesn't mean they can't still make good music. The more they add to their catalogue, the better.