Author Topic: Snoop Dogg's Top Dogg CD is mad underrated  (Read 523 times)

Florez

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Return of the gangstas
Re: Snoop Dogg's Top Dogg CD is mad underrated
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2005, 01:24:18 AM »
Good album period, I mean Bitch please, in love with a thug, don't tell, just dippin etc
Not near a classic though
''I'm still a doggpound nigga I ain't never gonna give it up''

TheTruNoLimit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2005, 03:29:25 PM »
no limit cant drop dopeshit without snoop

I don't know about you... but it's starting to seem more and more like No Limit and Snoop sort of need each other.  Snoop needs No Limit because his two records without No Limit (Paid the Cost To Be The Boss and R&G) are pure garbage.  Snoop's just ridiculously laid back and never has any energy in his records, the production has been mediocre, and if someone as dull as Snoop gets lame production, the record's going to suck because Snoop can't carry a beat... beats carry Snoop.  The best thing No Limit ever did for Snoop (besides taking him away from Suge) was that No Limit sort of put a little energy into his raps.  Snoop was being joined by P, Silkk, Mystikal, C-Murder, Magic, and he was working with KLC and Beats by the Pound.  Snoop's always been good at the laid back shit, but you need to do something else now and then and No Limit sort of brought that out of him.  Top Dogg never really suffered from what a lot of Snoop records suffer from; slow down.  Everytime things started to get a little too laid back, KLC would jump in with a beat, No Limit cats would jump on the track and they'd wake ya ass up.  It was a good blend of things.

No Limit on the other hand needs Snoop for opposite reasons.  They seemed to sell well enough even after they fell off because Snoop was still with them and he kept them in the spotlight even when mainstream media wanted nothing to do with No Limit.  So, from that point of view, Snoop was sort of commercially the downfall of No Limit.

But regardless, Top Dogg may very well be Snoop's second best.  Nothing else (other than Doggystyle) is really better than it and come to think of it, Snoop on a whole has dropped mediocre records his whole career which is why I don't know what the big fuss about the guy is.

And yes, No Limit went through a long ass spell where they couldn't do shit right... but...

TRU - The Truth... dope ass cd.  Drumma Boy gotta be one of the hottest producers coming up in rap... for real, hell even P sounds better now than he has probably since '99.  I mean, to say No Limit can't make good shit without Snoop is just sorta ignorant of the whole situation.  All things considered, if you've followed No Limit, there best shit came even before Snoop.  No Limit has had a ton of great cd's and a handful of classics... C-Murder "Life or Death" Master P "Ghetto D" Fiend "There's One In Every Family" TRU "Tru 2 Da Game" Master P "Ice Cream Man" Mr. Servon "Life Insurance"  I mean, come on... ya don't sell 75 million records without bein good.

And their recent shit...

just pick up TRU "The Truth" and wait for P's record comin out in June called "Ghetto Bill Gates," I think y'all will be surprised

Elevz

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2005, 03:40:54 PM »
A new No Limit groupie in the house?

All things considered, if you've followed No Limit, there best shit came even before Snoop. No Limit has had a ton of great cd's and a handful of classics... C-Murder "Life or Death" Master P "Ghetto D" Fiend "There's One In Every Family" TRU "Tru 2 Da Game" Master P "Ice Cream Man" Mr. Servon "Life Insurance"

Oh yeah...

Dr. Dre - The chronic
Fiend - There's one in every family
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
EPMD - Strictly business
C-Murder - Life or death
Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to die
Mr. Servon - Life insurance
Eazy-E - Eazy-duz-it
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 chambers)

If you really think them No Limit records fit in that list... You need to check yourself.

TheTruNoLimit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2005, 08:16:26 AM »
A new No Limit groupie in the house?

Considering my fave rappers in order are: 2pac, Warren G, Dr. Dre, Snoop, and Dogg Pound I would have to highly doubt that.

All things considered, if you've followed No Limit, there best shit came even before Snoop. No Limit has had a ton of great cd's and a handful of classics... C-Murder "Life or Death" Master P "Ghetto D" Fiend "There's One In Every Family" TRU "Tru 2 Da Game" Master P "Ice Cream Man" Mr. Servon "Life Insurance"

Oh yeah...

Dr. Dre - The chronic
Fiend - There's one in every family
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
EPMD - Strictly business
C-Murder - Life or death
Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to die
Mr. Servon - Life insurance
Eazy-E - Eazy-duz-it
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 chambers)

If you really think them No Limit records fit in that list... You need to check yourself.

Why can't someone have a different opinion than you? Did I say the records I listed were as good as Chronic or Doggystyle?  Hell no.  Doggystyle is probably the second best record of all time (All Eyez on Me being first) and both of Dre's are top 10 classics no doubt.  My point was, if ya into southern shit, no limit has made classics.  That's the bottom line. 

My top 10 albums would probably go...
2pac: All Eyez On Me
Snoop Dogg: Doggystyle
Dr. Dre: The Chronic
Dr. Dre: 2001
Dogg Pound: Dogg Food
Notorious B.I.G.: Life After Death
Warren G: Regulate... G Funk Era
Nas: Stillmatic
DJ Quik: Best of...
and...
Master P: Ghetto D

So yeah, I do think one No limit cd is worthy of my top 10 ever.

Thing i never undastood bout rap fans is they cant grasp people havin diff opinions... ya actin like i came on this board and said some shit by b2k was tight lol

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2005, 11:42:48 AM »
check out the new snoop dogg remix in THE LAB!

it's hot! tell me how u like it