Poll

Fair or unfair?

Fair
Unfair
not decided

Author Topic: Inter fined £132,000 & play next 4 European games behind closed doors  (Read 127 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Inter handed stadium ban and fine 

Inter Milan have been fined £132,000 by Uefa and must play their next four European games behind closed doors after crowd trouble against AC Milan.
Inter fans threw missiles on to the San Siro pitch, and caused Tuesday's quarter-final second leg tie to be stopped with AC Milan leading 1-0.

AC have been awarded a 5-0 aggregate win and go through to the semi-finals where they will meet PSV Eindhoven.

Two games will be added to the ban if Inter reoffend in the next three years.

Inter can appeal against the decision and they have three days to do so.

Uefa spokesman William Gaillard

AC Milan goalkeeper Dida was struck on the shoulder by a missile during the second half of the game as Inter fans protested after having a goal disallowed by referee Markus Merk.

It had been expected that Inter would face much harsher sanctions and the possibility of a ban from European competition had been mooted in some quarters.

But Uefa spokesman William Gaillard defended the level of punishment.

"There will be some people who think it is lenient and some people who think it harsh," Gaillard told BBC Radio Five Live.

"This is the largest fine in Uefa's history. The loss of four home games amounts to seven or eight million euros.

"It is a hefty punishment compared to anything that has been done for over five years.

"This kind of behaviour is clearly not acceptable and if any more trouble occurs it is obvious that they would get something heavier."

In 2001 Inter were ordered to play two European matches away from the San Siro and fined £35,000 after similar crowd trouble at their Uefa Cup tie with Spanish side Alaves.
NO MORE WAR

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
woah..that should teach em
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

acbaylove

LMAO. Fuck Inter. ;D

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
IMO the punishment that they have received isn't enough, Inter & Italian football fans lately seem to have been getting worse.  The only way that they'll stop is if they receive a ban from the competition.  The fine that they have received may be deemed heavy, but the revenue that they receive shall pay for that and not even be noticed.

I think that if it was a British team & not Inter then the punishment would have been worse and a ban would have been invoked, its the same with Turkish clubs like Galatasary they imo should have had a more serious punishment for what happened to the Leeds fans, & there still seems to be bad blood with the 2 nations fans (England/Turkey)  if reports are to be believed, and with an english team certain to be in the final that is happening in Turkey who knows what could happen, will Uefa react more serious if any trouble is to be had?

It seems that Uefa seems to be a little afraid of the G14 clubs and don't won't to inflict a heavy punishment incase some form of revolt does actually happen

Bomb-A®

i thonk they should have been banned from next season's CL but hell this will do just fine ;D

peace

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i thonk they should have been banned from next season's CL
peace

i totally agree

Don Seer

that fine is nothing.. two weeks wages for one of their star players.. woopeeeee dooooooo :/

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
"This is the largest fine in Uefa's history. The loss of four home games amounts to seven or eight million euros.
NO MORE WAR

acbaylove

That's still to be seen. I mean Inter sued its own fans for that.

eze451

• Lil Geezy
they should have been banned from next years comp, time to send the clubs and fans in italy a message

acbaylove

Re: Inter fined £132,000 & play next 4 European games behind closed doors
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2005, 12:16:35 AM »
they should have been banned from next years comp, time to send the clubs and fans in italy a message

A strong message is coming, man. Not from UEFA, but from Italy itself. From this week, if even a single fan will throw a little bottle or a coin or fire or something in the field, the game will be suspended all of a sudden. And if a game is considered "dangerous" by the Police, they will not allow guest fans to enter the stadium. Hard to believe but they're doing it the right way, here. Yesterday they already did something, in the Serie C/2 tournament, by forcing two potentially dangerous games to be played behind closed doors. Today there's the Serie A, i'll keep you posted.

mauzip

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2005, 05:39:03 AM »

i heard it would be 12-13 million euros...

but i agree with bomb-a that they should have been banned from next years european matches

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 01:06:25 PM »
FORZA INTER!!!