Author Topic: Can some1 explain how football transfers work???  (Read 82 times)

Bomb-A®

Can some1 explain how football transfers work???
« on: May 30, 2005, 08:27:08 AM »
i never understood how this shit works....say manchester united wanna sign buffon for $35 mn.....and lets say (no it aint happenin) they agree to sell him....how much of the 35 mill goes to juve and how much goes to gigi???

now lets say juve refuse (they want 50 mill) to sell gigi but he wants to def join manu....so can he still sign with manu....will they have to buy out his contract  in addition to paying the 35 mill?? and in that case does part of the 35 mill go to gigi??

peace

ABN

Re: Can some1 explain how football transfers work???
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 09:38:21 AM »
well if Manchester United wanna buy him for 35 mill then Juve gets 35 mill but then they gonna have to pay a signing fee to the player in question. and you can´t buy a player who´s under contract with another club if you can´t agree on a fee no matter how bad the player wanna leave.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 09:56:43 AM »
so is the signing fee (paid to the player) in propotion to to the trasnfer fee (paid to the selling club)

peace

ABN

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 11:27:35 AM »
i don´t know but i don´t think it has anything to do with it. but some players have contracts that states that they should get a certain amount of the money that is paid to the club outisde of their individual signing fee with the club they gonna be sold to.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 12:33:11 PM »
the club in question (i.e. in this example Man Utd) would ask for permission from Juve to speak to Gigi Buffon after submitting a bid.

of course Juve would have to accept the bid first, if they reject it they Man Utd wouldnt have permission to take it further.

that is what all the ashley cole shit is over.  the fa believe chelsea were discussing terms etc before even approaching arsenal.

once a fee is agreed and salary for the player is agreed then the player can move.

quite a simple process really.
NO MORE WAR