Author Topic: Backstage Heat on Edge  (Read 420 times)

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
Backstage Heat on Edge
« on: April 16, 2005, 12:05:43 PM »
[Source: PWTorch]

-- Aside from his small circle of friends, Edge has a lot of heat backstage in WWE right now. There remains no “other side of the story” to what Matt Hardy has said in his online commentaries about the incident. "Nobody wants to be seen being friendly with [Edge] because he has so much heat with the boys," says one WWE wrestler.

-- Edge and Lita have been keeping their distance from each other lately. It is unknown whether this is because their relationship is deteriorating or because they are trying to keep a low profile backstage.

-- The SmackDown crew in general is said to be a lot more upset at Edge than most of the RAW crew. This is most likely because they are more “old school” and are more into enforcing locker room rules of conduct.

[Source: PWInsider]

-- Many people within WWE are saying that since Hardy was released, things are going to be a lot worse for Edge backstage. It is going to make it much more difficult for Edge to be forgiven, since Hardy was largely well liked backstage. The assumption in the locker room is that Hardy would still have a job if not for Edge getting involved with Lita.

-- WWE continues to confiscate any signs brought by fans that refer to the Hardy-Lita-Edge situation. However, on the last edition of RAW a sign predominantly made it on the broadcase, saying “We will miss you Matt Hardy”.

-- Matt’s state of mind has been described as “badly wounded and vengeful” as a result of everything.

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
Re: Backstage Heat on Edge
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 11:23:36 PM »
Edge is an asshole, he deserves all the hate he is getting.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 06:29:16 AM »
i never understood why edge got such a bigger push then christian.  they intentionally made christian unlikeable and act like a whiny bitch and all of that.  christian has gotten the raw end of the deal here.

and why they end up with edge over the hardee boys?  why they break up the dudley boys?  i never understand that.  is it the members that want to be solo?  because there's a plethora of these b-list singles wrestlers, and only a handful of elite singlists or tag teams.  why go from an elite tag team to a b-list soloist?

since the islanders broke up and haku became king, and ofcourse bret hart and the hbk, how many of these ex tag team members get big?  booker t?  these cats need to think of marty janetti before they agree to break up a tag team, because one if not both of them are going that route.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 10:21:06 AM »
Edge was the only person who didn't deserve to win that 6-man ladder match at WM21. The fans really don't give a damn about him. IF he came out to no music, I bet you could hear a pin drop in the areas becasue the fans just don't like him. The only reaction he has gotten since turning heel was the "You Screwed Matt" chants.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 04:12:29 PM »
sucks to be edge, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 05:20:32 PM »
Edge just sucks period ever since he was put on the shelf for his neck. Fuck him.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 06:00:09 PM »
Man, if Edge has heat with the others now, imagine how much hate he'll receive if he wins the World Title...honestly, his character has been stale as shit since he came back from injury last year. WWE should do the right thing and have him play the goofy, sneaky heel he was in 2000-2001, when him & Christian were together. He was aggressive when he needed to be, and most of the time, he won the big matches, regardless. He's trying too hard now to be aggressive.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 08:20:29 AM »
Edge was the only person who didn't deserve to win that 6-man ladder match at WM21. The fans really don't give a damn about him. IF he came out to no music, I bet you could hear a pin drop in the areas becasue the fans just don't like him. The only reaction he has gotten since turning heel was the "You Screwed Matt" chants.

i agree 100%, especially about the money in the bank thing. but the wwe now realizes that the fans think edge is a dipshit, and now the wwe will do their best to capitalize off of it by making edge stay heel (and ultimately, score more title shots/main events). so edge is basically gonna end up being rewarded for the shit he did
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 08:25:33 AM by Halu Sination »

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 08:21:10 AM »
Edge deserves major heat, Matt Hardy is one of the popular guys backstage & also with Edge having been married to Val Venis's sister he'll get all sorts of heat from Val

Gotta agree that Christian was always the better in the tag team, but edge has 'the look' that Vince McMahon likes i.e over 6ft tall

i never understood why edge got such a bigger push then christian. they intentionally made christian unlikeable and act like a whiny bitch and all of that. christian has gotten the raw end of the deal here.

and why they end up with edge over the hardee boys? why they break up the dudley boys? i never understand that. is it the members that want to be solo? because there's a plethora of these b-list singles wrestlers, and only a handful of elite singlists or tag teams. why go from an elite tag team to a b-list soloist?

since the islanders broke up and haku became king, and ofcourse bret hart and the hbk, how many of these ex tag team members get big? booker t? these cats need to think of marty janetti before they agree to break up a tag team, because one if not both of them are going that route.

Totally agree with that for every Shelton Benjamin, Bret Hart & Shawn Michaels, there is a Charlie Haas, Jim Neidhart, Marty Jannetty, seems that some wrestlers or bookers think that because a tag team is over they can spilt them up and create 2 new stars, most of the time this doesn't work like billy & bart gunn, the dudley boyz & even JBL before Vince persisted with him.

WWE needs to promote & keep good tag teams together, as imo tag team wrestling can prove to be very entertaining, where are the great tag teams like the LOD, British Bulldogs, Hart Foundation, Sabu & RVD, Impact Players, etc?

Perhaps HHH & Steph don't like tag teams apart from Steph's own :P

Kal EL

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 11:14:29 AM »
Once I found out about the situation in its early stages I Figured that it would end like this for only one reason. History in the WWE always repeats itself. This same situation happened before except with 3 different people, Chyna, HHH and Stephanie McMahon. In this scenario it was Chyna that received the bad end of the stick.

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 04:57:28 PM »
nah edge had divorced val venis's sister this woz another wife. i would of preferred matt to stay and fuck edge off he woz ok in 2001-2002 but now i dont give a shit bout him.

i hate wrestlin now tho its sooo borin
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 09:37:07 PM »
nah edge had divorced val venis's sister this woz another wife. i would of preferred matt to stay and fuck edge off he woz ok in 2001-2002 but now i dont give a shit bout him.

i hate wrestlin now tho its sooo borin

Edge was only married to his new ex-wife for a month or 2 before he started hitting on Lita.