Author Topic: kurupt brings out the best in daz & some stuff about warren g  (Read 486 times)

Acgrundy

I have listened to that new dogg pound song that just came out, and it is pretty damn dope.  I hope they make a full album of songs this quality.  but anyways...

this is the very best I have heard daz sound since dillinger and young gotti.  dunno what it is that kurupt does, but he must be telling daz when his raps sound the best.  Now I ain't talking about lyrics neccesarily cuz daz never been real lyrical.  I'm more talking about his flow/voice/energy/style.  Back in the good ole days of death row daz was always my favorite rapper, I luved his laid back flow.  but for the last few years he's been on this straight up wack shit where he is yelling, and I guess you could say rapping faster, and just kinda sounding like he is more angry in his raps.  With the exception of a few songs, I really haven't liked anything daz has done since kurupt left him.  but I really like the way he flows on this song.  I hope he continues like this.

on another note:

the kurupt solo song produced by warren g is pretty dope.  I gotta say warren g is the most underrated producer.  not necessarily by fans, but by rappers.  This beat ain't nothing outstanding, but it is dope.  I can't see how outta all the albums snoop has, I can count the number of songs produced by warren g on one hand.  why does nate dogg not get warren to produce his entire album?  I'm sure warren would do it for a damn good price and I'm sure it would come out a million times better than Music and Me did.  How is it out of all of daz albums, all of kurupts albums, and all of the dogg food albums, warren g only has one verse and one produced song?  And those are both on kurupts solo albums.  and then kurupt been back for like just a few weeks now and he on a warren produced song.  At least I know kurupt appreciates warren. snoop has done like 100 times the amount of songs that kurupt has done in the last 3 years, and I don't think a single one is produced by warren g.  Kurupt comes back from 3 years without working with any of these guys and already gets on a warren track.  I'd bet a million dollars that warren g would probably have produced at least half of the tracks on any of snoops albums for free, and you know that the albums woulda come out better than they did.  Instead snoop goes out and pays a few hundred thousand dollars for some producer who is in the limelight at the moment.  It sure don't make any sense to me.

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
Re: kurupt brings out the best in daz & some stuff about warren g
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 11:22:00 PM »
snoop did "flashback bounce" that was produced by warren but your right snoop and everybody else has way underused him

btw flashback bounce is sick and it proves your point that they should be using the muthafucka more theres nobody better if you tryin to make a laid back type song....he might not be best for a singles these days but definitely for album tracks
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 11:33:38 PM »
the kurupt solo song produced by warren g is pretty dope.  I gotta say warren g is the most underrated producer.  not necessarily by fans, but by rappers.  This beat ain't nothing outstanding, but it is dope.  I can't see how outta all the albums snoop has, I can count the number of songs produced by warren g on one hand.  why does nate dogg not get warren to produce his entire album?  I'm sure warren would do it for a damn good price and I'm sure it would come out a million times better than Music and Me did.  How is it out of all of daz albums, all of kurupts albums, and all of the dogg food albums, warren g only has one verse and one produced song?  And those are both on kurupts solo albums.  and then kurupt been back for like just a few weeks now and he on a warren produced song.  At least I know kurupt appreciates warren. snoop has done like 100 times the amount of songs that kurupt has done in the last 3 years, and I don't think a single one is produced by warren g.  Kurupt comes back from 3 years without working with any of these guys and already gets on a warren track.  I'd bet a million dollars that warren g would probably have produced at least half of the tracks on any of snoops albums for free, and you know that the albums woulda come out better than they did.  Instead snoop goes out and pays a few hundred thousand dollars for some producer who is in the limelight at the moment.  It sure don't make any sense to me.

I think about that a lot. Warren is always the one left out, everywhere. When you hear a rapper from the Pound shouting out his crew or a westcoast rapper giving props, Warren's always the forgotten one. Why almost no Warren productions on his so-called-friends albums? Why NOT EVEN ONE Warren production on the 213? I still think there's something we don't know... all that shit about Nate and Snoop wanting different flavors...come on, 20 tracks on the album and not even 1 by the G Child? That ain't logical, there's gotta be something we don't know. There's gotta be something wrong with Warren, I don't know. But still you see him on DVDs like Xzibit's... and why ain't no Warren on a XtothaZ album? He seems like a cool guy, like he ain't no beef with anybody, but still gets forgotten by peeps.

He's my favourite producer, and I'd love to see him out there just like he deserves. Getting his dose of respect. And I know that if he retires after this new album, we ain't gon hear much of him later. So please, if you like Warren G, buy the album, support that cd. I'm sure if the album does well, he won't retire.

WestCoasta

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 12:22:32 AM »
Yeah man, you got a point. About both Warren G and Daz.
Daz was real tight lyrically on "Dillinger & Young Gotti" and then they split and he did the "DPGC: U Know..." album and
the beats on there sucked, even though he didn't produce all of them, they were different but in a bad way.
But when he's on with Kurupt, or shit, even when he's friends with Kurupt (see "R.A.W." and "Retaliation, Revenge and Get Back")
he's fuckin hard, I cant find many flaws lyrically and production-wise. I'm just glad as hell that they gonna be workin on a album together, there is no reason that it should dissapoint.

With Warren G, I have no idea why he isn't used, his solo albums are dope man, I love 'em. You can't hate on Warren, he's an original
It kinda sucks how Snoop uses those gay limelight producers, but ya know, he's gotta get that money $$$$
BUT he could at least throw Warren a bone, shit!  I REALLY hate the Neptunes, I really do, talk about 'Pop'
I dont care if they make "genius" beats, obviously they're talented but shit, I could name a shit load that are BETTER than them, plz
It just sucks that Snoop has to stain his name somewhat by doin that bullshit. But of course, ya cant hate on Snoop either!
I just find myself thinking "What the hell is Snoop doin' man?" when I see his new videos and shit.....

Either way, Warren must not be overlooked, Daz n Kurupt are the best together, and ya gots to love Snoop no matter what

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 01:05:12 AM »
I think its the other way around Daz and DPG bring the best out of Kurupt.
Kurupt totally stepped his game up now that he's back with the pound.

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

Mr.Dirty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 07:43:32 AM »
Daz haven't produced shit on DPGC U KNOW, he put it on just his rhymes.
And HOW THE FUCK can you say that lately Daz was wack? damn listen how he flow on Everybody Givin It Up..to me he's the most underrated gangsta (semi gangsta) rapper of all time..

I mean it for a long time
but now the race is finish
but when i mean it
i mean it for life
not just a minut
and it aint stopped this gangsta shit.

stricktly dope.

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 11:37:47 AM »
I think its the other way around Daz and DPG bring the best out of Kurupt.
Kurupt totally stepped his game up now that he's back with the pound.

lol what the fuck
these new songs are good but jealousy was much tigher and we didn't hear many solo songs between 2002 ans 2005

young ozwald

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 05:17:21 PM »
Warren G is slept on, and I dont know why Snoop dont fucc with him but Warren did produced albums for Dove Shack, Tha Twinz and some underground shit for tha 5 footaz.  But Warren shouldnt even trip because not to many producers can produced a whole classic album like Regulate and The Return of the Regulator is mad slept on. But Daz being lyrical it's Kurput ghost writing, Kurput ghost write damn near all Daz verse on Dogg Food.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 07:37:10 PM »
yeah warren should produce more songs but there must be some reasons why people dont use him

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 08:18:47 PM »
Yeah man, you got a point. About both Warren G and Daz.
Daz was real tight lyrically on "Dillinger & Young Gotti" and then they split and he did the "DPGC: U Know..." album and
the beats on there sucked, even though he didn't produce all of them, they were different but in a bad way.
But when he's on with Kurupt, or shit, even when he's friends with Kurupt (see "R.A.W." and "Retaliation, Revenge and Get Back")
he's fuckin hard, I cant find many flaws lyrically and production-wise. I'm just glad as hell that they gonna be workin on a album together, there is no reason that it should dissapoint.

With Warren G, I have no idea why he isn't used, his solo albums are dope man, I love 'em. You can't hate on Warren, he's an original
It kinda sucks how Snoop uses those gay limelight producers, but ya know, he's gotta get that money $$$$
BUT he could at least throw Warren a bone, shit!  I REALLY hate the Neptunes, I really do, talk about 'Pop'
I dont care if they make "genius" beats, obviously they're talented but shit, I could name a shit load that are BETTER than them, plz
It just sucks that Snoop has to stain his name somewhat by doin that bullshit. But of course, ya cant hate on Snoop either!
I just find myself thinking "What the hell is Snoop doin' man?" when I see his new videos and shit.....

Either way, Warren must not be overlooked, Daz n Kurupt are the best together, and ya gots to love Snoop no matter what

true dat homie.snoop should ask warren 2 produce at least 4 songs on his next album.he should ask daz 2 produce at least 2 n' he should really ask dr.dre 2 be da executive producer but i don't see dat happenin'.he could let the neptunes produce 1 song but shit produce almost da whole album is stupid.warren g is one of da best producers of all time 2 me.and dat song 'flashback bounce' was really of da chain.

LAZEEEEEEEEEEE

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Oracle
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 04:19:42 PM »
grundaroo anutha good post........ but im not feelin their new songs.......

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005, 04:46:58 PM »
daz and kurupt never come wack 2gether
last dope shit i heared daz on was this is the life i lead
last dope kurupt track was i didnt change

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2005, 06:36:52 PM »
I think Daz is getting progressively worse. He killed on The Chronic, he was damn good on Dogg Food, but the only single album I liked from him was RAW. My fav songs from The Chronic are all the ones Daz is on.