Author Topic: DJ Quik (Under the Influence)..  (Read 361 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DJ Quik (Under the Influence)..
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2005, 07:35:21 PM »
sounds great to me

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2005, 11:50:11 PM »
It sounds great to me. The cleanest Quik album.

LMAO, far from it man... Quiks worst album, the songs dont fit together, there isnt a whole feel to the album, sounded like he just threw it together.

And what's that gotta do with sounding clean or not????

WestCoasta

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2005, 12:05:42 AM »
come on PLEASE!!!! don't talk about poor sound quality, cuz Quik ain't about that, i met him and we smoked weed all night, my lungs were charred

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2005, 06:42:35 AM »
I found that I gotta turn some tracks up a notch coz the volume isn't the same. Especially on 'Evryday'.

rafsta

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2005, 07:10:31 AM »
It sounds great to me. The cleanest Quik album.

LMAO, far from it man... Quiks worst album, the songs dont fit together, there isnt a whole feel to the album, sounded like he just threw it together.

And what's that gotta do with sounding clean or not????

its like the EQ is fucked.... find myself adjusting with songs like "put it on me" "trouble" and "evryday"

bigdogg2001

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2005, 10:39:37 AM »
well i 'm glad i'm not the only one who thought this. I was starting to think i was hearing shit or my ears were going bad.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2005, 10:57:36 AM »
well i 'm glad i'm not the only one who thought this. I was starting to think i was hearing shit or my ears were going bad.

You're not the only one. I noticed the same thing when I bought the album, especially when compared to Rhthmalism and Balance and Options. Both of those albums sound clean as hell but Under the Influence sounds muffled, at least some of the songs anyway. I thought it was done intentionally to give the album a more old school grimy feel but it did strike me as weird and I didn't enjoy the album as much as Quik's other releases for that reason.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2005, 02:57:43 PM »

You're not the only one. I noticed the same thing when I bought the album, especially when compared to Rhthmalism and Balance and Options. Both of those albums sound clean as hell but Under the Influence sounds muffled, at least some of the songs anyway. I thought it was done intentionally to give the album a more old school grimy feel but it did strike me as weird and I didn't enjoy the album as much as Quik's other releases for that reason.

Thats the truth. Still a great album though.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2005, 04:59:34 PM »
come on PLEASE!!!! don't talk about poor sound quality, cuz Quik ain't about that, i met him and we smoked weed all night, my lungs were charred
Thats awesome, but what the fuck does that have to do with the sound quality of Under The Influence?