Author Topic: Mos Def comments on the industry in the new Source magazine  (Read 197 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

- "Our priorities is gettin' fucked. Lil Jon-I love his music. But why are the East Side Boyz names Big Sam and Lil Bo? What the fuck? What's next, Kunta and Kinte? The South should know better. This is the same country that ran up in Fred Hampton's crib and shot him in bed with his pregnant wife. You think the rules changed cause niggas got No. 1 records? What are we supposed to tell our kids? After Malcolm, Martin and Dubois we got Sam-Bo? I'm supposed to be down with that 'cause it makes me dance?"

-"Jimmy Iovine, Lyor Cohen, Doug Morris...all of these dudes were not prepared in their schooling or in any of their social upbringing for a world where they have to deal face to face with, not only people who are outside of their class, but people who in their minds could very well be their servants. Now you gotta deal with somebody you've been trained to deal with as your underling as your partner. It's a bitter fuckin pill to swallow cause now you need this person. Jimmy Iovine is not your buddy. Lyor is NOT happy about Jay Z being president of DJ. I dont give a fuck what he say. If the dude could go from rhyming to being a CEO in 10 years or less, what is he going to be in 15 or 20? He might have Lyor's job at this rate"

-"Paris Hilton don't really care about ya'll niggaz, man. She can't even hear ya'll niggaz. I'm just keeping it real. THis shit is entertainment to them. We're adopting their morals like we them and we never been them. We don't have the same struggle. Dudes is no more than 20 years removed from real poverty. For dudes to have this much access to money and it's not translating to people power, its inexcusable"

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Mos Def comments on the industry in the new Source magazine
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 08:01:07 AM »
damn, mos def is truuuuth  ;D

ABN

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 09:12:03 AM »
Mos Def can keep on yapping about everybody else but until he starts to do something "real" to change shit he should just shut the fuck up. talkin bout The East Side Boyz sayin a gang of stupid shit and what he gonna tell his kids "i was Mos Def who talked a whole lot and did a whole lot of nothin in reality"

bez

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 10:05:04 AM »
somebody needs to chill out more.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 02:05:14 PM »
his first point was good but his second point was just some bullshit

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 02:17:03 PM »
Wow...how profound      ::)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 02:26:26 PM »
It's nice to know that there are a few cats in hip hop that aren't scared to speak the truth.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 02:33:07 PM »
Very profound, and Mos Def is doing something simply for the fact that he's not afraid to be intelligent while everybody else in hip-hop is trying to prove how ignorant they are.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

ABN

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 02:44:34 PM »
Very profound, and Mos Def is doing something simply for the fact that he's not afraid to be intelligent while everybody else in hip-hop is trying to prove how ignorant they are.
yea but he can talk all he wants but that´s not gonna change shit for people in the "hood" and his "people".

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 03:30:12 PM »
I'm disappointed to hear this shit coming from Mos Def. The way he presents his ideas sounds ignorant as fuck
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)