Author Topic: M.O.P. leaves Dame Dash  (Read 411 times)

davida.b.

Re: M.O.P. leaves Dame Dash
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2005, 08:55:43 PM »
This might sound like a stupid question, and it's something I've been wondering for a while, but how do these artists survive when they're on a label for so long without putting an album out or whatever? Do they get weekly/monthly wage from the company or something?

I know you get money for the concerts you perform at. They probably also got paid for their appearance on Damage Control. Other than that, I dunno though.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2005, 10:02:19 PM »
This might sound like a stupid question, and it's something I've been wondering for a while, but how do these artists survive when they're on a label for so long without putting an album out or whatever? Do they get weekly/monthly wage from the company or something?

Concerts and mixtapes. Doing one show makes them probably $15,000 a piece, and they have put out a few CDs since the signed to Roc-a-fella only in the NY/New England area.

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2005, 11:19:28 PM »
15,000??? MOP, by themselves would perform at a club that could hold 200 people at 20 bucks a person. thats 4000 bucks before any expenses. theyd be seeing a few hundred a show

Blood~n~Bone

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2005, 03:20:57 AM »
Thank God their off the Roc, coz they werent even gonna get an album of them! I mean the Marksmen album was the way to go, INDEPENDANT! maaaaan i hope 50 snitch doesnt sign them, coz he would make them commercial as hell! MAAAAANN COZ MOP is hip-hop, not sum wack ass rappers like 50, who just in it for the money!
MAAAAAAN DJ Premier should sign them to his label! THAT would be SICK!
support the course, support REAL HIP-HOP!
-PEACE-