Author Topic: Come up with actual good reasons on why Nash was deserving of the MVP  (Read 667 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i dont think shaq deserved it either.  Its Duncan and shaq behind him.  Behind Nash, the Suns back up PGs suck..in fact their whole bench sucks...they only play what? 7 players regularly.  So when nash was out, the replacement really sucked balls.  Its not Duncans fault that his team is deeper, he deserves it

You still haven't given a good reason as to why Nash didn't deserve the MVP. You're giving arguements that don't make sense. The MVP is for the most valueable player to his team, not just the league. And without Nash the Suns are no where as good if he wasn't there, which was proven by the fact that they barely won a game this season when Nash was out of the line up.

the wins and losses is a bullshit arguement.  Look at the On Court off court roland ratings
Tim Duncan

On Court +15.1
Off Court -1.4
Total 16.5 plus

Steve Nash
On Court +12.4
Off Court -2.6
Total 15 plus, which should be higher since he is a PG and is the distributor of the team. (Kidd's rating is higher)

These on court off court numbers prove that Duncan was more valueable to his team than Nash was to his. The wins and losses is a small sample size to be seen as an indicator of importance, these stats are season long.  And its simple

lol he contradicted himself on those two posts. first saying that shaq duncan and garnett were the best in the league then he made an argument for why nash deserved the award

Typo, i think its very clear that I dont believe Nash deserves the MVP.  If i did believe that than why the hell would i make this thread?

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!

my thoughts exactly...

<sarcasm> plz dont reply if your not bringing anything insightful to the argument. thanks.  ;)

PS: Javier let it go. nash is well deserving and he got it. big fuckin deal!

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG

my thoughts exactly...

<sarcasm> plz dont reply if your not bringing anything insightful to the argument. thanks.  ;)

PS: Javier let it go. nash is well deserving and he got it. big fuckin deal!

he's a good player, and a good guy and all...but MVP? lol. Cmon. He's a good fit for the Suns. Damn near any point guard is gonna look unbelievable in that offense. He's like Tom Brady...a little better then average talent, running a good system. Brady gets compared to Joe Montana....(yeah right). Put Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, Iverson, etc...etc....on a shitty team, theyd still be in the top 5-6 players in the league. Put Nash on a team as bad as say....Dallas (lol) and he isnt even the best player on the team. So....Nash, good player, solid point guard, good teammate.....MVP.... ::)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
hey i didnt have much HW this week for school, lol

i couldnt really get into the debate earlier in the week when it was announced.  Ill let it go, but ijust believed the arguements for nash are pretty flawed and weak in my POV.  What would be great for basketball is an actual new stat that puts a value for each player with the combination of everything involving the game and the effect teammates have on the each player, and how different lineups throughout the game affect the game and its players a much more detailed stat than lets say the raw stats like PPG, APG, RBG, etc etc

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
oh mah bad javier ur right. i misread it. i saw u said shaq and duncan behind him. and by him i thought u meant steve nash.

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
thats exactly what that system would be javier, too raw. stats dont measure heart. =) thats a lot of value on a team in my opinion. leadership is too. helps keep ur team together

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dwane wade competed in the playoffs last year and shaq got their and just made them better....

the suns with amare stoudmire and marion and joe johnson lost 50 games and now they get nash and they have the best record in the nba and the west and their scoring avg went from 90 per game last year to 110 this year,that's incredible,...

the suns probably have a better offense then the showtime Lakers...and steve nash avg the most assist since 1994 when john stockton did it....

PS

FUCK SHAQ ,LAKERS 4 LIFE!!

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
There are no good arguments as to why Nash didn't deserve the MVP. None

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG

LOL

Smooth

Yup. Nash is well deserving of the award..
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Come up with a reason why he shouldnt get it again next year....

wcsoldier

Game 4 and 5 against Dallas. Is it enough ?  ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Most impressive were the rebounds imo. We know damn well that he can score and assist, but those rebounds and the triple double in consequence really impressed me. Dirk made the All-NBA First Team. Hooray.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Seriously...I don't see why anyone in their right mind would choose Shaq over Nash...Just look at how well the Heat are doing without Shaq...Fuck Shaq, he ain't shit...Not even the best player on his own fucking team...Shaq is on a speedy decline...Next year I predict that he'll average under 20 points a game. Now, remove Nash from the Suns and see if they'd still be up 3-2 over Dallas...I think not.