Author Topic: Nintendo Revolution Video, watch the vid then read the article.  (Read 183 times)

MANBEARPIG.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/613/613578p1.html Article.

May 13, 2005 - The six-plus minute video appeared on various message boards this afternoon and ever since Nintendo fans everywhere have been fighting to download it. The render, created by an unknown (and very talented) artist or artists, mocks-up what some Nintendo fans would call their dream scenario: a Nintendo Revolution that is so far ahead of the curve that it truly revolutionizes the way people play games. In this case, the console is no longer a console, but a virtual reality headset.

The video is not real, but some fans probably wish it were.

IGN has included the video in downloadable form. Readers are free to check it out. While it's unlikely that the render is at all an indication of the final system, which Nintendo plans to talk about and showcase at E3 2005, it's an impressive design feat nevertheless.

http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/613/613578/vids_1.html Video.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nintendo Revolution Video, watch the vid then read the article.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 01:53:06 PM »
pretty nice vid

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 10:21:59 PM »
What I don't understand is, how could this *NOT be real?  There's footage of new Mario games, and a new Metroid game.  Someone to fake this, would have had to totally render a new Mario game, with an entire new design of Mario, he looks completely different and more lifelike.  Looks official to me, and since Nintendo has been hinting that they're going to blow everything out of the water with this one, I wouldn't be surprised if this is an early mockup of the system.  The proxemity sensor shit has been leaked before, too, basically the revolution and the vr headset would have sensors to alert the system to where you are in a room or location.  They were hinting in the video that you would be able to move within the game by moving within the room, that would be some COOL, shit. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 10:34:27 PM »
Well I just checked around and it's basically fake as hell.  I wonder how they got the Mario screenshots, though? 

Nintendo released a press statement today, hyping the Revolution, and what they describe is totally different than what's in the video.  They say it'll be about 3 dvd cases tall (on their side, so a little more than an inch), and that it'll be a little bit longer than a DVD case (so all in all, it'll be just slightly larger than the new ps2 design).  The only thing else that they would say is that it would have a self-loading DVD drive, and also play gamecube games in the same drive. 

The rumours so far about the rest are that it would be wirelessly connected to the internet, they've hyped the simplicity of it's online gameplay abilities, they've hinted that the controllers would be wireless, plus have a simple design, possibly a touchscreen with assignable button locations and things depending on the game... they've cut some kind of deal with a company that specializes in proximity sensor radar type devices (which is blowing everybody's mind)... and then finally, they've said that the true 'revolutionary' aspect of the system hasn't been revealed yet. 

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 10:48:48 PM »
theres also talk of it being portable with no cables at all,that would b crazy,gotta wait till tuesday to find out the real deal with revolution,im pretty hyped 8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 11:20:40 PM »
What I don't understand is, how could this *NOT be real?  There's footage of new Mario games, and a new Metroid game.  Someone to fake this, would have had to totally render a new Mario game, with an entire new design of Mario, he looks completely different and more lifelike.  Looks official to me, and since Nintendo has been hinting that they're going to blow everything out of the water with this one, I wouldn't be surprised if this is an early mockup of the system.  The proxemity sensor shit has been leaked before, too, basically the revolution and the vr headset would have sensors to alert the system to where you are in a room or location.  They were hinting in the video that you would be able to move within the game by moving within the room, that would be some COOL, shit. 

I think the vid was made by someone at Nintendo or someone really close to it, close enought to find new renders of Samus and Mario, those were most likely scrapped concept art for the games on GCN...or some asshole could have taken the time to make those lol, anyway I cant wait till next week, Revolution is all I care about right now 8)

-KIDRENEGADE-

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 11:42:20 AM »

I think the vid was made by someone at Nintendo or someone really close to it, close enought to find new renders of Samus and Mario, those were most likely scrapped concept art for the games on GCN...or some asshole could have taken the time to make those lol, anyway I cant wait till next week, Revolution is all I care about right now 8)

yup, tuesday is nintendos press conference, tommorow is sonys n microsofts

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2005, 09:25:55 PM »
Yeah, I think those videos of Mario especially had to come from Nintendo.  I mean it's POSSIBLE they could have faked the Mario 64 stuff, although it'd be one hell of a lot of work, but man, it'd be almost impossible to fake that scene with the new mario character.  They'd have to have someone design a believeable new take on Mario (he's skinny and looks kind of elf-like), have someone design that fantastic castle that he comes out of, have someone animate him... I mean, one guy couldn't do this, it'd take a team of people and a lot, a LOT of work to make it that believable.

Prob. somebody from Nintendo was able to leak the 'revolution' stuff, without pictures of the machine, and then made up their own machine segments, with the simpler animated character wearing the headset.  Everything else looked like official Nintendo stuff.