Author Topic: Villa agree to buy Bellamy/Hughes <<-- updated & corrected  (Read 130 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!

Villa agree to buy Bellamy/Hughes 

Aston Villa have agreed a combined fee with Newcastle to buy striker Craig Bellamy and defender Aaron Hughes.
Wales star Bellamy, 25, is currently on loan at Celtic after falling out publicly with boss Graeme Souness.

Now he will hold talks with Villa, as will Hughes, who is also 25 and a Northern Ireland international.

"I have spoken with (Magpies chairman) Freddy Shepherd and he accepted our cash offer for both players," said Villa chairman Doug Ellis.

Souness, the Newcastle manager, said Bellamy would never play for him again after the pair's relationship broke down earlier this season.

The Welshman, who played for Norwich and Coventry before joining Newcastle for £6m in 2001, is believed to be available for £5m.

That - plus his reported £45,000 per week wages - probably rules out Celtic, for whom Bellamy has fired nine goals in 13 games during his loan arrangement.

But it remains to be seen whether Bellamy will choose to join Villa, who have already snapped up Patrick Berger from Portsmouth on a free transfer.

Berger will complete his switch in June when his Fratton Park contract expires.

Hughes has played 43 times for Northern Ireland and captained his country, as well as making 279 appearances for Newcastle.

He can play anywhere across the backline and also in midfield.

NNOOOOOO!!  altho -->> "But it remains to be seen whether Bellamy will choose to join Villa" is good news for me
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 08:33:36 AM by Mac 10 »
NO MORE WAR

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
Re: Villa agree to buy Bellamy/Hughes
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 08:16:20 AM »
Bellamy = OK footballer, complete tosser of a person. The SPL is making him look good. Hughes can't defend to save his fucking life. Two joke signings from O'Leary, Villa will finish mid table again next season unless they get someone better in then this. (Though they will probably score a few, Vassell has got to come good sooner or later, and Angel is proven class)
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Villa agree to buy Bellamy/Hughes
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 08:32:13 AM »
Magpies deny Villa claim over duo 

Newcastle have denied agreeing a combined fee with Aston Villa to sell striker Craig Bellamy and defender Aaron Hughes.

Villa chairman Doug Ellis said on Wednesday that Magpies chairman Freddy Shepherd had "accepted our cash offer for both players".

But a statement on the Magpies website then claimed no fee had been agreed with any club for either player.

Bellamy is currently on loan at Celtic after falling out with Graeme Souness.

Newcastle manager Souness said Bellamy would never play for him again after the pair's relationship broke down earlier this season.

The Welshman, who played for Norwich and Coventry before joining Newcastle for £6m in 2001, is believed to be available for £5m.

That - plus his reported £45,000 per week wages - probably rules out Celtic, for whom Bellamy has fired nine goals in 13 games during his loan arrangement.

Villa are clearly interested but it appears there is a discrepancy between the two clubs over what has been agreed.

Hughes, who like Bellamy is 25, is a Northern Ireland international who has made 279 appearances for the Magpies.

If the pair do join Villa they will become the second and third signings this summer after Patrick Berger, who will complete his switch in June when his contract at Portsmouth expires.
NO MORE WAR

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Re: Villa agree to buy Bellamy/Hughes <<-- updated & corrected
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 09:28:10 AM »
cant blame bellamy for not wantin to stay in scotland,

just hope he helps the bhoys win the league before he leaves  ;D

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 07:20:44 AM »
Newcastle's Bellamy snubs Villa move
tribalfootball.com - May 19, 2005

Newcastle United striker Craig Bellamy isn't interested in a move to Aston Villa.
The Sun says the Welshman was given permission to speak to Villa after a fee was agreed for him and team-mate Aaron Hughes.

But Bellamy, currently on loan at Celtic, is reluctant to join the Midlands team and wants to move to a bigger club - or go back to Newcastle.

Talks are due to start with Bellamy's advisors but friends of the player claim he is 'not fussed' about joining David O'Leary's side.

Bellamy has already infuriated manager Graeme Souness and Toon chairman Freddy Shepherd by turning down a move to Birmingham City in January.
NO MORE WAR

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 08:02:33 AM »
He's gonna do a Chris Sutton.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 08:15:09 AM »
and what is a chris sutton?
NO MORE WAR

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 08:23:29 AM »
Make himself look good in a weaker league because he's shit in a proper league.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 08:36:12 AM »
and what about goals he scored against blackburn, juventus (x2), ajax, stuttgart, anderlecht, lyon....shall i go on?  ;D ;D
NO MORE WAR

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 08:50:38 AM »
Yes please do. You could argue until your blue in the face but I'd still think he is shit.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 08:55:22 AM »
Yes please do. You could argue until your blue in the face but I'd still think he is shit.

oh well uve killed ure agruement there

no matter how much i prove u wrong u wont admit he is amazin and has done amazin

case closed 8)
NO MORE WAR

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 09:39:05 AM »
Yeah amazing when he was playing for Chelsea in a proper league.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 10:11:39 AM »
As much as I don't like Sutton or Bellamy, imo sutton's a better player than bellamy & has proven this in europe & in the epl, sutton had some form of success at both norwich & blackburn & it never worked out at Chelsea, yeah chelsea payed a lot of £'s for him & got no return but he wasn't the first player in the world that this has happened to & he won't be the last

Bellamy however has been a success in the SPL so far but imo he won't be in the EPL & hasn't in hte past, imo he also seems to cause more trouble than he thinks that he's worth,

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2005, 11:45:41 AM »
Hughes Completes Move To Villa

Aaron Hughes has completed his move from Newcastle United to Aston Villa for a reported £1million.
The Northern Ireland international defender could be followed to Villa Park by fellow Newcastle player Craig Bellamy, but only after the Welshman has completed his loan spell with Celtic.

"This is the first time I have switched clubs so it’s all a bit new for me. Villa are very similar to Newcastle," said Hughes.

"Both are big clubs, with great history and tradition, and have struggled to win trophies in the last few years."

The 25-year-old added: "The challenges here are very similar to the ones I faced at Newcastle - we need to break into the top six and qualify for Europe at the minimum.

"Newcastle are a tremendous club and have made me the player I am today. I was priveleged to work under some great managers there and play with some unbelieveable players.

"But I am now really looking forward to coming back for pre-season here and meeting up with all the Villa lads."

Villa have already snapped by Patrick Berger on a free transfer from Portsmouth since the season ended last weekend.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=62767&progr=2

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 11:47:28 AM »
i only really cared about one half of the original story, lol

and aaron hughes wasnt it!! ;D
NO MORE WAR