Author Topic: Liverpool Prevented From Defending Champions League  (Read 92 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Liverpool Prevented From Defending Champions League
« on: May 26, 2005, 10:39:32 AM »
Uefa have insisted that they have no plans to change the rules which prevent Liverpool defending the Champions League.

The Reds claimed the trophy after a penalty shoot-out win over Milan on Wednesday night, but as they didn’t finish in the top four in the Premiership, they do not have an automatic right to re-enter the competition next season.

"The rules are what they are," Uefa spokesman William Gaillard told Radio Five Live. "They were used already once when Real Madrid won...and actually were not among the qualifiers in the Spanish league.

"The Spanish FA told us they would replace the fourth-placed team - Real Zaragoza - with Real Madrid. It is a tough decision to make but it is not for us to make, it is for the FA and they told us Everton would be the fourth English club.

"Rules are rules and they were passed for a very good reason."

If Everton are replaced by Liverpool as the 4th english team there will be a riot  :o

Don Seer

Re: Liverpool Prevented From Defending Champions League
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 10:44:05 AM »
i think that if they are defending they should get an automatic pass
and i also think that everton shouldnt be "gazumped" in any circumstances..

if this has come up in the past with ours or other countries and there is a precedent already.. then it should be stuck to.

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 11:01:54 AM »
Apparently TNS want to have a match up against Liverpool. If Liverpool win they can have TNS spot in the Champions League qualifiers. It makes sense for a small welsh club like TNS. They would get a lot of profit from a game with Liverpool, more so then if they just played against some other shitty European team in the qualifiers and got knocked out straight away.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

oglocdogg

• 'G'
  • Liverpool, Scousers stand up
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 03:45:16 PM »
Apparently TNS want to have a match up against Liverpool. If Liverpool win they can have TNS spot in the Champions League qualifiers. It makes sense for a small welsh club like TNS. They would get a lot of profit from a game with Liverpool, more so then if they just played against some other shitty European team in the qualifiers and got knocked out straight away.
yer mans that is true they wud make way more playin the reds than if they get knocked out by ak sackshafter or summit by the way is any of yall reds from liverpool
"The title im holdin is to prestigious you fuck wid me you better be religious cuz only god can save ya wen locdogg blaze ya just like purple hazea i wont just graze ya im goin for da kill gettin so much head you should call me bill

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 03:48:16 PM »
eufa hav said liverpool arent allowed to do that, tns wud be replaced by another welsh team...