Author Topic: Something Eminem and Xzibit have in common.....  (Read 784 times)

SGV

Re: Something Eminem and Xzibit have in common.....
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2005, 03:36:54 PM »

So by saying he's not one of the greats your defying the majority, let alone Rakim, KRS ONE, Freddie Fox, Guru, Nas and Jay-Z. They all said Eminem is one of the greatest. That shows how bias you are. Why did u focus on D12 World and Encore and not mention TSSLP or TMMLP or what he did for 8-Mile, what he did for 2001, or how he shits on Jay-Z in the song 'Renegade' ? Why not mention all the fans he's brought into on an international level because of his first two albums ? and people say that X fell off with WOMD. What Dre did for X is make him bigger than he ever was, especially with his most successfull album to date - Restless.
Rakim, Kris, Freddie Fox, Guru, Nas and Jigger all said that prior to the TRASH he's released in the past few years, let us not forget.

He dropped 2 good solo's, 2 HORRIBLE solos. 1 mediocre group album. 1 garbage group album. He "outshined" Jigger on one track, WOW! So, really, he's not all that great.

Jigger > Em.

The difference between me and you here pal is this: You follow what you hear. I hear 50 Cent is a genious, do I believe it? Nope! I don't care who says it.

Restless may have sold the most out of all of X's albums, but that don't mean shit. Where did his fans go? Oh yea, they went with Dre, because they were only their for Dre. X lost a good chunk of his original Fan base with Restless and MVM, he gained it back with Weapons...

Holla!

Elevz

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2005, 03:48:20 PM »
^^ You're on point at the moment... I give you my props for that.

T-Dub

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2005, 03:55:43 PM »

So by saying he's not one of the greats your defying the majority, let alone Rakim, KRS ONE, Freddie Fox, Guru, Nas and Jay-Z. They all said Eminem is one of the greatest. That shows how bias you are. Why did u focus on D12 World and Encore and not mention TSSLP or TMMLP or what he did for 8-Mile, what he did for 2001, or how he shits on Jay-Z in the song 'Renegade' ? Why not mention all the fans he's brought into on an international level because of his first two albums ? and people say that X fell off with WOMD. What Dre did for X is make him bigger than he ever was, especially with his most successfull album to date - Restless.
Rakim, Kris, Freddie Fox, Guru, Nas and Jigger all said that prior to the TRASH he's released in the past few years, let us not forget.

He dropped 2 good solo's, 2 HORRIBLE solos. 1 mediocre group album. 1 garbage group album. He "outshined" Jigger on one track, WOW! So, really, he's not all that great.

Jigger > Em.

The difference between me and you here pal is this: You follow what you hear. I hear 50 Cent is a genious, do I believe it? Nope! I don't care who says it.

Restless may have sold the most out of all of X's albums, but that don't mean shit. Where did his fans go? Oh yea, they went with Dre, because they were only their for Dre. X lost a good chunk of his original Fan base with Restless and MVM, he gained it back with Weapons...

Holla!

nice post

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2005, 04:16:21 PM »
Eminem's career took a severe blow with the release of "Ass Like That." Easily, one of the worst tracks ever made. Eminem is not, never has been, nor will be, one of the greats. D-12 World, Eminem Show and Encore have all proved that.

there is a reason why eminem is how he is now..

he is being forced to follow a stereotype by his contract.. once he gains more freedom he will change
right now he (and dre) are forced to go and make these cheesy singles by jimmy i..
eminem has himself stated that he and dre HATE making these singles but have to so the album will not get rejected again.

this is why eminems albums are following a samey formula.. he's enslaved by the corporate machine.

Is that a valid reason for making the ENTIRE album that way? What's a rapper without freedom of speech?

Fuck that. Eminem is probably the most overrated rapper of all time. Slim Shady LP was allright. Not classic. FAR from classic. And I even like that one better than MMLP. There's no fucking way those albums are classics. Are they full of amazing songs? No way. Have they had a huge influence on most of the rap records made ever since? Not at all. If you really consider those albums classics, you may need to check out some more hiphop before judging. Even I know that, with my limited knowledge ;)

Xzibit, however... Still can come pretty strong. WOMD proved that. I don't think he ever released a wack album - worst he ever did was "allright" with MVM.

TMMLP brought in people who were never into rap suddenly love rap. It made younger generations become fans and want to become artists themselves from all over the world. It had no skippable track. Great songs ? Where the hell have you been ? lol Stan, Kill You, The Way I Am, Who Knew?, Remember w/Sticky Fingaz & RBX, Bitch Please 2 w/Dre, Xzibit, Snoop & Nate Dogg, Criminal.....ect.

oglocdogg

• 'G'
  • Liverpool, Scousers stand up
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2005, 04:27:39 PM »
come on people both these guys int drop no shit albums they dope an they got dope tunes on each cd
"The title im holdin is to prestigious you fuck wid me you better be religious cuz only god can save ya wen locdogg blaze ya just like purple hazea i wont just graze ya im goin for da kill gettin so much head you should call me bill

SGV

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2005, 04:31:15 PM »
Nelly has brought in tons of fans who aren't typical to Hip Hop. So did Hammer, Vanilla Ice etc. that statement isn't valid.

MMLP had some AIGHT tracks, nothing amazing. I'd get in depth, but I gotta leave work. I'll edit this later.

mauzip

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2005, 04:35:03 PM »
TMMLP brought in people who were never into rap suddenly love rap.

Obviously you are one of them. Unfortunately it was not for the best.

SGV is on point with his posts. Let's leave it at that.

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2005, 04:52:26 PM »

Jigger > Em.

Holla!
second point about xzibit is true
shit about eminem.. i still disagree
u r underrating eminem severely

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2005, 06:00:28 PM »
His first 4 albums are all very good to excellent in my book. He also came good on 8mile ost and Patiently Waiting and the Source Disses. After that, I dunno what happened, but he fell the fuck of so damn hard it makes my eyes shiny. Comparing MM LP to Encore .. that's not even possible. MM LP is on  whole other level, in EVERY aspect. He really SPITS there. His verses on Encore are either semi-singing and/or heartless droning.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2005, 06:34:15 PM »
TMMLP brought in people who were never into rap suddenly love rap.

Obviously you are one of them. Unfortunately it was not for the best.

SGV is on point with his posts. Let's leave it at that.

Oh please, you both are a couple of wannabe internet gangstas who think it's cool to go against the public norm. Judging ur posts, I was prolly listening to Hip Hop before you even knew who Kool Mo Dee, Africa Bombatta, Kool Kieth, or Dr. Octagon were. So STFU before you make false assumptions.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2005, 09:07:53 PM »

Jigger > Em.

Holla!
word

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2005, 09:32:18 PM »

Jigger > Em.

Holla!

First of all it's Jigga.. not Jigger. Second, I judge people by skill not by mass opinion. If I followed mass opinion I'd be saying 2pac & Biggie were the greatest instead of Rakim or KRS One, or I'd say that Kanye and Lil' John are the best producers instead of Dre or Primo. Also, even if they said Em was a great before Encore.. i'm just replying to people who say that he was never a great or never on top. You say that TES was wack, but are you judging that from Eminem's lyricism, or weak beats ? And you seem intent on bassing ur argument on Eminems weaker albums. That would be like me saying Jay-Z was never a great 'cause he released too may commercial bitch tracks on Vol. 3 and Dynasty... and teenie pop mtv commercial trash with Blueprint 2. C' mon, man... stop being so fuckin' bias and start thinkin' logically.

Holla back !

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2005, 11:51:14 AM »
anyone who beleives em n dre only make a bunch of pop singles togther to please jimmy are livin in lala land......u really think 3 albums deeps, movies success, most selling artist album will get rejected by jimmy if they refuse to make a seriously poppy single? maybe when he first came out, but they wont hardly say shit to eminem this deep into his career......even if they tell him to soften it up for the lil white kids on the first single it dont mean to they gotta take it to extreme measures......eminem can spit but alot of his groupies overrate him mad. once he spits a nice 16 ppl be on his dick like........yo ems back, his amazing, check the flow, dudes crazy......homie everyone spits a nice 16 now and again.

point is true talent shows when ya step out ya comfort zone.......

eminem hasnt proven he has a talent of a great.....all 4 albums his been on the same spot.....

slim shady lp-4 mics
mmlp-his best cd
eminem show-nice on the mic but not his best joint
encore-a joke...

truth is em fell of ever since he dropped eminem show apart from a few joints now and again....but everyone duz that.......groupies are livin on the beleif that he bored of the game and he needs a catalyst.....chucky nigga been spittin the same shit ever since day 1, he aint changed, thats the problem not that his bored. if he really was a real gifted rapper....he's step outside he lil comfort zone(his momma, haliey, kim....u know his usual bullshit) and come prove he a real rapper.....not just a overplayed gimmick cuz he white. truth is if homie was black, his career would be over by now or atleast need a serious makeover, cuz no nigga i know gon play encore or 90%of eminem show while rollin deep.

em aint bored, he just hasnt progressed as a rapper.......maybe he just cant cuz he aint good enough. maybe his happy rappin about teen girls.

truth is i aint never been a big jigga fan but id probably rate him higher than eminem to, cuz that nigga dropped a album nearly every year and the nigga always had a bunch of shit to say, he could speak about his family, how he came up, party joints, serous joints, he could clown but he knew it wasnt the only way to go.

em aint had shit to say ever since mmlp dropped......he spit the same shit on eminem show, just abit serious as a mc, but stuck to the same shit, he got seriously played out on encore and still spoke the same shit. i mean, how u gon be 4 joints deep and still feel like u makin the same album.....next time round, he needs to think its a debut album for him, cuz he lost the hood ever since eminem show dropped

nas, snoop, jigga are just a few cats who have dropped classics albums which will be remembered as greats........if eminem wants to join these cats, he gonna have to step up....

and this is comin from a eminem fan, cuz i use to bump some of the joints on mmlp like a muthafucka back in the day, but the more i hear of him, the more i dislike him now, cuz he startin to fuck up the culture with droppin all this goofy shit

xzibit is still kinda sick......he aint been as good since after he dropped his first 3 joints..........mvm didnt seem straight but womd was kinda dope

pz

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2005, 12:01:58 PM »
^^ eminem said himself in tha tinterview with sway that he is forced to release a poppy single when he was asked about  releasing a single like made u look
he said he wanted to release shit like that but its safer to release a poppy one for the sales
which is the main goal of interscope
obviously he wont have a huge promo budget if he doesnt drop a cartoony single
to tell u the truth it only got annoying when he dropped just lose it
with out me got annoying cause it was over played
just lose it is just ridiculous

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

SGV

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2005, 01:00:14 PM »

First of all it's Jigga.. not Jigger. Second, I judge people by skill not by mass opinion. If I followed mass opinion I'd be saying 2pac & Biggie were the greatest instead of Rakim or KRS One, or I'd say that Kanye and Lil' John are the best producers instead of Dre or Primo. Also, even if they said Em was a great before Encore.. i'm just replying to people who say that he was never a great or never on top. You say that TES was wack, but are you judging that from Eminem's lyricism, or weak beats ? And you seem intent on bassing ur argument on Eminems weaker albums. That would be like me saying Jay-Z was never a great 'cause he released too may commercial bitch tracks on Vol. 3 and Dynasty... and teenie pop mtv commercial trash with Blueprint 2. C' mon, man... stop being so fuckin' bias and start thinkin' logically.

Holla back !
First, I call him Jigger, not Jigga. Don't worry about me. If you don't follow mass opinion, why do you constantly bring it up? Makes no sense.  Eminem fell off lyrically after MMLP. My opinion of Em is based on the fact that I've followed him since 1997. I speak as educated listener. MMLP was weak to me, as Em became a cliche "Contraversy sells" rapper. Eminem Show and Encore proved Eminem to be a grown up clown. He became garbage on the mic.

You don't seem to understand where others come from. Eminem is not that dude no more. He hasn't been for a minute.