1 (5%)
Wade
4 (20%)
Duncun
3 (15%)
Other
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: NBA MVP 2005/2006...lets get some Predictions  (Read 733 times)

acbaylove

Re: NBA MVP 2005/2006...lets get some Predictions
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2005, 04:23:56 AM »
Lakers will be the most improved team next year, probably. Phil as a coach, Kobe regenerated and motivated, Odom and Caron playing triangle, Mihm with a year of experience, a lot of trades coming this summer.. I think it could be Kobe's year. But it depends from the rest of the team. If they'll sux like this year, no MVP for Kobe. And it's the same for KG and Lebron.

Duncan, Nash, Amare, Shaq and Wade are other candidates too, because their teams rules.

acbaylove

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2005, 04:24:26 AM »
I just gotta give Amare props though...he had a great FG%.

Well, playing center had a lot to do with that...

lol he always dunks! ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2005, 04:29:24 AM »
News flash: Kobe will NEVER be MVP. Giving somone who had rape charges the best award you can get? The NBA is more political than that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2005, 04:45:58 AM »
News flash: Kobe will NEVER be MVP. Giving somone who had rape charges the best award you can get? The NBA is more political than that.

2000-01 - Allen Iverson, Philadelphia <- He was been in jail, portrayed by the media as a thug.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2005, 04:51:33 AM »

2000-01 - Allen Iverson, Philadelphia <- He was been in jail, portrayed by the media as a thug.

Being a thug is even considered a positive thing by some people (arent you a 2pac fan?) and being a G is probably the most wrongly glorified thing by the media that ever existed. The american media dickrode John Gotti like a motherfucker although he was a well known murderer, druglord, extortioner.

Raping someone on the other hand, is probably the uncoolest thing one could ever do. Even murderers in prison fuck them rapists up if they can, means that even those dudes moral is not low enough to accept rapists.

And dont get me wrong I dont think Kobe did it but that doesnt really change anything.

Also, Iverson was obviously the MVP in that year. Kobe will never stand out as much MVP-wise as Iverson did back then.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2005, 12:18:16 PM »
I pretty much agree wtih 7even.  same reason why people wnat Iverson to promote their products and not Kobe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2005, 07:49:01 PM »

The NBA backed Kobe when that psycho bitch made up the rape story...If Kobe never gets an MVP award, it'll be the biggest mistake the NBA has ever made...Kobe is one of the greatest guards ever and a HUGE part of the Laker dynasty...If he finishes his career without winning an MVP award, it'll be less "political" than raping 500 bitches with a chainsaw.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2005, 11:07:16 AM »

The NBA backed Kobe when that psycho bitch made up the rape story...If Kobe never gets an MVP award, it'll be the biggest mistake the NBA has ever made...Kobe is one of the greatest guards ever and a HUGE part of the Laker dynasty...If he finishes his career without winning an MVP award, it'll be less "political" than raping 500 bitches with a chainsaw.

The NBA had to support him. He was one of their bigger stars, and a moneymaker for the league. If it was Shawn Bradley facing rape charges (funny image lol), the NBA would hardly make a statement about it. And i dont see why Kobe not getting the award would be a mistake. I mean he hasnt proven he's the MVP yet....so why would it be a surprise if he never does prove it? This year was his first real chance to prove himself, and he failed.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2005, 01:15:51 PM »

The NBA had to support him. He was one of their bigger stars, and a moneymaker for the league. If it was Shawn Bradley facing rape charges (funny image lol), the NBA would hardly make a statement about it. And i dont see why Kobe not getting the award would be a mistake. I mean he hasnt proven he's the MVP yet....so why would it be a surprise if he never does prove it? This year was his first real chance to prove himself, and he failed.

Yea, what a great chance he had to prove he was MVP!...LMAO, put Steve Nash on this years Lakers and see what a great chance Kobe had...You're funny, Tone.

Garth Brooks

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We Shall Be Free
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2005, 10:04:28 PM »
im going with Kobe i belive the lakers will come back strong

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2005, 10:53:34 PM »

Yea, what a great chance he had to prove he was MVP!...LMAO, put Steve Nash on this years Lakers and see what a great chance Kobe had...You're funny, Tone.

lol hey....it wasnt ME who said Nash was better then Kobe this year! Im sayin he had his chance as far as...not having to share the spotlight with another star. He could be "the guy" now, and thered be no doubt whos team it was. Obviously the team wasnt gonna finish with the #1 seed or anything, but i know a lot of people were expecting more....from the team AND him. His numbers were good and all, but he didnt show himself as a leader this year like a lot of people were hoping.

'EclipZe

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2005, 09:02:17 AM »
Garnett

acbaylove

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2005, 04:56:59 PM »

Being a thug is even considered a positive thing by some people (arent you a 2pac fan?) and being a G is probably the most wrongly glorified thing by the media that ever existed. The american media dickrode John Gotti like a motherfucker although he was a well known murderer, druglord, extortioner.

Raping someone on the other hand, is probably the uncoolest thing one could ever do. Even murderers in prison fuck them rapists up if they can, means that even those dudes moral is not low enough to accept rapists.

And dont get me wrong I dont think Kobe did it but that doesnt really change anything.

You got a point here. Sad shit. Anyway i'm a lawyer, i dont consider being a thug a positive thing at all.

Also, Iverson was obviously the MVP in that year. Kobe will never stand out as much MVP-wise as Iverson did back then.

I don't know the future. But last year (i mean the last one of Phil) people in the Staples were screaming MVP! MVP! when Kobe had the ball..

acbaylove

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2005, 05:00:41 PM »

The NBA had to support him cause it was clear since day 1 that Kobe didnt rape that bitch.
And they did the right thing cause Kobe is innocent.
About the MVP title... Kobe still has to prove everything, but he can do it. It's up to him. Jordan won MVP's in his 30's..

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2005, 10:55:30 PM »

The NBA had to support him cause it was clear since day 1 that Kobe didnt rape that bitch.
And they did the right thing cause Kobe is innocent.
About the MVP title... Kobe still has to prove everything, but he can do it. It's up to him. Jordan won MVP's in his 30's..

i thought we were WAY past the Jordan/Kobe comparisons lol.....besides, didnt Jordan win MVP's in his 20's too?