Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails Pulls out of Performance at mtv due to George Bush.  (Read 143 times)

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG

The way I see it, is... Nine Inch Nails wants to insult the President and MTV refuses to let him. NiN doesn't need mtv. He sells albums without them.

MTV has issued a statement in response to NINE INCH NAILS' decision to drop out of the "2005 MTV Movie Awards" following a dispute over NIN's plan to incorporate an image of George W. Bush into their performance of the song "The Hand That Feeds".

NIN's decision to pull out of the show was announced Thursday (May 26) via a statement posted by NAILS frontman Trent Reznor on NIN.com.

"NINE INCH NAILS will not be performing at the 'MTV Movie Awards' as previously announced. We were set to perform 'The Hand That Feeds' with an unmolested, straightforward image of George W. Bush as the backdrop," Reznor wrote. "Apparently, the image of our president is as offensive to MTV as it is to me. See you on tour this fall when we return to play in America."

In a brief statement, MTV expressed disappointment in NINE INCH NAILS' decision to drop out of the broadcast.

"While we respect NINE INCH NAILS' point of view, we were uncomfortable with their performance being built around a partisan political statement," the statement reads, according to MTV.com. "When we discussed our discomfort with the band, their choice was to unfortunately pull out of the Movie Awards."

MTV announced that the FOO FIGHTERS would be taking NIN's spot on the show.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 01:32:05 PM by Mattdrush1 »

Woodrow

If these rock stars were hard, they'd all boycott performing on the show.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
so much for "Liberal" media
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Woodrow

This has nothing to do with Liberal media.

Liberal Bias deals with the major networks and newspapers.

MTV is an entertainment network.

Doggystylin

what a bunch of shit, they cant even put up a picture of him? good for NIN

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
Re: Nine Inch Nails Pulls out of Performance at mtv due to George Bush.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 03:34:19 AM »
sorry guys,
even though i'm not a fan of bush, i gotta agree with mtv on this one.
no matter who you are, i don't give a fuck about your opinion about george bush and the last thing i care about is seeing some rockstars making a 'political statement.'

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 12:35:03 PM »
Liberal Bias deals with the major networks and newspapers.

:D
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 01:09:15 PM »
I think it's a good cock-block.  NIN Wants to insult the president as a political statement, or wait, I misspelled it, a publicity stunt, and MTV doesn't want to get the flack from it.  No shit.  How is this news? 

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 01:11:42 PM »
I got no love for Bush, but really, who gives a shit?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE