Author Topic: Misery  (Read 151 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Misery
« on: May 30, 2005, 01:18:06 AM »
Another great Stephen King movie...Ya'll should check it out.

Thirteen

Re: Misery
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 10:01:43 AM »
yep one of the few well done steven king movies... great acting and a trippy story

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 12:58:02 PM »
One of the few?

Carrie
The Shining
Cujo
Salem's Lot
Christine
Cat’s Eye
Pet Sematary
It
Riding The Bullet
Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Hearts in Atlantis

Shit, I can keep going...

Thirteen

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 09:51:53 PM »
One of the few?

Carrie
The Shining
Cujo
Salem's Lot
Christine
Cat’s Eye
Pet Sematary
It
Riding The Bullet
Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Hearts in Atlantis

Shit, I can keep going...

i really don't like steven king movies, i own very few out of the ones you named i like misery, pet semetary, it, green mile and the shining...and that's out of the 20 or so movies of his taht have been made into movies

Acgrundy

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 11:16:56 PM »
silver bullet

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 11:35:42 PM »
I love that movie. It freaked me the fuck out when i was younger.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 11:59:23 AM »
The things you can do with a sledge hammer and a piece of wood.  :o

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 03:35:56 PM »

Yea...The funny thing is, the book had Annie cutting off Paul's feet to prevent him from escaping. William Goldman, the screenwriter, said that the reason he decided to adapt the book to film was because of this gruesome scene and the effect it would have on the audience. But the people who did the script revision changed the method of torture to Paul getting his ankles broken with a sledgehammer...Goldman was opposed to the change until he saw the movie. I personally think that though the book's version would have been more gruesome, the theatrical version was more realistic and created more of a shocking impact on viewers...

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 09:35:54 PM »
wasn't the shining stanley kubrick??

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 12:01:03 AM »
wasn't the shining stanley kubrick??

LOL!...Stephen King writes the stories...

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 05:58:59 AM »

Yea...The funny thing is, the book had Annie cutting off Paul's feet to prevent him from escaping. William Goldman, the screenwriter, said that the reason he decided to adapt the book to film was because of this gruesome scene and the effect it would have on the audience. But the people who did the script revision changed the method of torture to Paul getting his ankles broken with a sledgehammer...Goldman was opposed to the change until he saw the movie. I personally think that though the book's version would have been more gruesome, the theatrical version was more realistic and created more of a shocking impact on viewers...

Cool... I didn't know that.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 07:38:31 PM »

Cool... I didn't know that.

You should read the book...