Author Topic: Michael Jackson Picture Tribute Thread  (Read 241 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Michael Jackson Picture Tribute Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2005, 08:41:22 AM »
Damn, he's been through it all. All of the great things and music he made may mean nothing once the verdict come in. It's all on the line.

I think he's innocent regardless of the verdict but his "great" things and music still won't mean all that much to me. I always look back at my childhood with fond memeories of him due to the nostalgia, but all he'll ever be to me personally is a nice part of my childhood. No different than the Ninja Turtles, Mickey Mouse, Pee Wee Herman, Hulk Hoganm, or Sesame Street. I know he's bigger than all those but that's just my view on him.

My prediction is when the current generation and there children are mostly gone MJ will be a vague memory, or small part of american music. He won't be remembered like Elvis or the Beatles, and certainly not like Mozart or Beethoven. 200 years from now everything between 1950 and 2000 will be summed up into small paragraphs, and while people like JFK, Nixon, and Reagan will have a lot of mention, the entertainment side of things will have Elvis and the Beatles and maybe Star Wars mentioned. Sports will remember Ali, Jordan, maybe a side note for Gretzky. Humanitarian tributes will go to Pope John Paul and Mother Theresa. I just don't see how MJ will fit in to the grand scheme of things in that light.