Author Topic: Cormega Appreciation Post  (Read 95 times)

Like A N!gga Say Do

• 'G'
Cormega Appreciation Post
« on: June 08, 2005, 10:17:32 PM »
I can't think of someone whos been keeping it real like cormega. For a rapper who began releasing albums in early 2000, i can't think of any songs he did that sound commercial. He makes songs with great rappers like AZ, Tragedy Khadafi, Havoc, Ghostface etc. Hes not trying to blow up and make a hit with G-Unit or whoever that turn rapping into money flowing. He rap for the love of hip-hop and help unknown producers and rappers from QB to get a shine. So what are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 10:19:05 PM by Welcome 2 Bucktown »

Knoshen

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • bitches=WE$T COA$T- J Bananas-El trauma =Bitch
Re: Cormega Appreciation Post
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 10:50:08 PM »
yeah man good topic
i find him highly underated
his ryhmes are sick
that double cd 2in 1 thing is such a good cd

allot of people sleep on this guy cuz he has no commercial success but unless u check him out u wont know what your missing

hey man do u happen to know what the sample he used on the new testament cd first track is
it sounds like an old tv show or something

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 05:25:38 AM »
he´s a very good mc

Elevz

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 08:31:58 AM »
About two weeks ago I made an appreciation thread about his very underrated album "The Testament". It only got replied to once. Some people really need to quit sleeping.

Like A N!gga Say Do

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 12:29:22 PM »
Yup i remember your thread i was wondering if it was on this forum. Anyway you hooked me up. I buyed the testament last week. The reply to nas one love is a classic. My favorite track off the album with Montana Diary, Killaz Theme and Dead Man Walking. Overall = 39/50. The only low point is there some of the songs ive heard before.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »
flows is ridiculous...its sad that testament was recorded in 98 and is currentley the best eastcoast cd of 2005 :'(

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 01:28:10 PM »
mega is that nigga

he has made commerical sounding tracks, but whats wrong with that?

its a shame he hasnt blessed us with another summer banger

i want to hear that album he recorded with marley marl before he had to do his bid, now that he finally released the testament
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 01:57:37 AM »
mega is ill as fuck....gets slept on far too much..."verbal graffiti" is fuckin ridiculous...wuz feelin the legal hustle cd he brought out last year too..that was solid...