Author Topic: RIDE magazine - Snoop/ Fredwreck to produce on "DETOX"?  (Read 590 times)

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
Re: RIDE magazine - Snoop/ Fredwreck to produce on "DETOX"?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 05:15:33 PM »
I hope Dre remixes some of his singles this time around like used to with the Chronic it used to be such a treat.

yea, all those remixs kicked ass

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2005, 05:30:51 PM »
I think Dre ought to make a modularly recorded album, have the entire album kind of like SMiLE in the sense that it's different themes and beats that flow together instead of seperated tracks.  That way, he could weave in stuff from his entire history, as well as make new music that shows off creative styles and themes he still comes up with. 

How cool would that shit be? It starts off with some mind trip thing like 2001 did, with that dolby sound or whatever, and then moves into some crazy ass beat, with a nice intro by a bunch of Dre's current guys kind of like Doggystyle had with Rage and everybody, then just kind of melds into some new beat almost like a mixtape or something, it could be a totally different genre, and maybe you've got Mary J. Blige singing and shit in the background, and people fucking in the foreground, and then maybe they're at a party, and Daz is there and does a verse, then you hear Dre walk outside as the beat is fading out, get in his car, and drive away... he rolls the windows down, and you hear him turn up the low beat that's been playing since the car started.... all you can hear is the noise of the city as Dre's apparently flying through L.A., and this incredible beat that sounds like it's playing on his system... it's another new track with maybe Nate Dogg singing the hook, and The Game Eminem and 50 Cent doing some funky ass track, Dre crashes the car and you hear an insane sounding really insipid, dark beat drop in like after the car explosion on 2001, with RBX doing some sick ass rap, then Dre starts dreaming and you hear a twisted, fucked up, Acid trip version of "Nothin' But A G Thang" playing, like a really twisted remix, and then Snoop comes in with lots of reverb and crazy shit on his voice doing a new version of G Thang talking about Dre's life and how he's in a coma or somethin'

etc. etc.

That's what I'M looking for, that would be fucking awesome.  He already basically did similar things on the original 2 Chronic albums, so I expect it will be good. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005, 05:33:16 PM »

I'm judging it by that, Dre production only and will be a classic
If he has others producing too..... it'll be a piece of shit cuz of all the wack influence it was raped with

^ I'm judging it by, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and Dr. Dre has consistantly proven he DOES know what the fuck he's talking about.

So I think I'll let him decide what he wants to do with it, and if he decides he wants other producers, that's alright with me.  Your mistake is you think you know more about how it should sound then he does. 

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2005, 05:39:51 PM »
cant wait to hear it :)

PLANT

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005, 05:51:40 PM »
Trauma's idea sounds tight....That wouild be a great concept for the album if he did it like that

WestCoasta

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 06:06:00 PM »

you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and Dr. Dre has consistantly proven he DOES know what the fuck he's talking about.

So I think I'll let him decide what he wants to do with it, and if he decides he wants other producers, that's alright with me.

Your mistake is you think you know more about how it should sound then he does.

Man, I don't give a fuck what he does with it
if he wants to have a bunch of fuckin tools on it, go ahead, I'm sure SOME of it will be tight still

Who said I knew more?   I'm only droppin my opinion, I'm not losing sleep over this album like the fags like you on this forum are
I think you need to raise off of Dre's nutz

I'm just a little offended that Dr. Dre, the pioneer of the West Coast, is doing THAT shit
when he could be with Snoop Dogg and the one's who are actually REPPIN the West at the moment publicly

i've seen it a lot on this forum, people saying he needs to get with Snoop, they are right
In my opinion, I bet they don't like each other anymore

PLANT

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2005, 06:41:58 PM »

i've seen it a lot on this forum, people saying he needs to get with Snoop, they are right
In my opinion, I bet they don't like each other anymore

Snoop has said publicly on more than one occasion that he wants to get back working with Dre....At this point I think its all on Dre and when he can fit time into his schedule...Hes a busy man.  Sometimes I think Dre gets too involved in too many things at once, but the man is pure genius and I know he wont let us down when Detox drops.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2005, 08:39:12 PM »
Detox will be hot as shit, imo. The concept is really important on this album. The Chronic introduced the world to G-Funk, Death Row, the West Coat at it's finest, Snoop...the list goes on, The Chronic speaks for itself. 2001 was Dre's answer to all the critics talking bullshit, and he developed a whole new sound. Another classic. Detox HAS to be the most anticipated album in history. The buildup alone is historic...imagine when that motherfucker finally drops.

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 09:54:55 PM »

you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and Dr. Dre has consistantly proven he DOES know what the fuck he's talking about.

So I think I'll let him decide what he wants to do with it, and if he decides he wants other producers, that's alright with me.

Your mistake is you think you know more about how it should sound then he does.

Man, I don't give a fuck what he does with it
if he wants to have a bunch of fuckin tools on it, go ahead, I'm sure SOME of it will be tight still

Who said I knew more?   I'm only droppin my opinion, I'm not losing sleep over this album like the fags like you on this forum are
I think you need to raise off of Dre's nutz

?  Are you fucking kidding me?  You said you're going to base whether or not you like the album solely on if he produces all of it or not. 

Hey, here's a newsflash, he didn't produce all of 2001 either, but it was still dope as fuck.  He co-produced some of the tracks, and didn't have a thing to do with "The Message".   I guess you didn't like that album either, though. 

Westside Soldier

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2005, 11:22:46 PM »
all i wanna hear is dr. dre beats with the exception of djquick and warren g produce 1 track each and i want dr. dre to do all the production no co producing.8) 8) 8)

wcsoldier

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2005, 02:17:54 AM »
I think what dre is gonna do (what he HAS been doing) with all these beats is that he will take in the ones he likes, and will:

A) redo the whole track himself to make it a "dre beat" (making it sound better) and just pay them under the tabel with no credits or

B) keep the track in a basic form and just add that "dreness" to it and have it listed as "produced by Dre and _____" or "co-produced by ______".   Just look at all the beats that he recently did for game.  they are all " produced by Dre and so&so".

but I seriously doubt he would just put somebody elses beat on his album straight no chaser with out even doing SOMETHING to it to make dre get credit for it. 

that's exactly what i was going to say, yup that's what i think as well..
co sign too. Nate closed this thread. Anyway all these beats by different producers are just rumors, outside Hi Teks (he confirmed that in an interview). Plus Detox is in its early stage so a lot of things gonna change. One more year to spread rumors about Detox. COMING SOON in NOVEMBER 2006  ;D