Author Topic: Jackson Sales up 370%  (Read 241 times)

Don Seer

Jackson Sales up 370%
« on: June 16, 2005, 05:57:13 AM »
"Pick-Up in Jackson Album Sales

By Sherna Noah, PA Showbusiness Correspondent

Sales of Michael Jackson’s greatest hits album have shot up by 370% since the singer was acquitted of charges of child sex abuse, it was revealed today.

Sales of the Number Ones compilation, released in 2003, increased yesterday, the first full day following the trial verdict.

But the trebling of demand does not mean the King of Pop’s albums are flying off the shelves.

The huge percentage increase results from the fact that, before the verdict, sales were at a very low base.

HMV could not reveal how many albums were sold yesterday, but spokesman Gennaro Castaldo said: “Sales of his greatest hits album at HMV stores have increased by 370%.

“Michael Jackson sales start from a low base so any increases are bound to seem more spectacular than is the case in actual terms.

“There has been a bit of a pick-up but it’s too early to make any predictions about a surge in Michael Jackson sales.”

He added: “With the right album, perhaps in collaboration with America’s leading R’n’B artists and producers, Jackson can rebuild his credibility and become commercially successful once again.

“Like Madonna, Jackson needs to find a way of developing his musical style and to grow with his audience, so that he reconnects with the mainstream record-buying public.”

"

Matrix Heart

Re: Jackson Sales up 370%
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 06:04:47 AM »
No more jesus juice for you.

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 06:11:00 AM »
so instead of selling 20 copies they sold 74?

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 06:54:26 AM »
Everyone talks about how the Mj number one album hardly sold anything but in the uk it reached number one in the albums chart and stayed there for a while.

Thta aint bad for an album with only 1 new song on it. A lot of the songs people would already have on either individual albums or history greatest hits cd.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 06:58:51 AM »
Yeah, I think the album went Gold in the U.S. and the video went Platinum. 

rafsta

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 11:27:50 AM »
and Mauzip wanted me to pick up a copy  :grumpy:

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 12:00:35 PM »
hell yeah everybody was playin MJ songs yesterday
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 05:58:21 PM »
number ones (with only 1 new track and no promotion ) sold 7 millions worldwide!!  and album was released on the same day michael was arrested in 2003!!!

now tell me if that is a flop????

and everybody had all the songs before!!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 06:00:05 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »