Author Topic: Batman Begins  (Read 884 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Batman Begins
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2005, 09:11:33 PM »
oh he did that game.. Wing Commander.. it was weird seeing him in that!..

poor guy's typecast as luke skywalker...

even worse.. he opted to be paid for star wars instead of getting a percentage as he thought the film would flop!... doh!!!

OUCH! I'm sure the guy is doing fin financially, but looks back at that decision and gets pissed.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2005, 09:24:59 PM »
think this one will be better then the `1st?

Yeah, I'd even say it's better than the first, if you can believe that.  It's really good. 

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2005, 01:01:39 AM »
its ight but they need a superman remake
they're already making Superman
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Kal EL

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2005, 06:52:31 AM »
i think that this new joker will be written like the REAL joker from the comics and not some over the top cat. this next joker like the new batman is one for the books if they cast whose been mentioned.

Who's the "real" Joker? Over the past 65 years between Batman issue 1 where Joker debuted and Batman issue 615 where Joker supposively kills Batsy's childhood friend, where Bats almost kills Joker, the Joker character has changed so many times. There is no continuity over the past 60+ years. They could make the Joker anything from a soft spoken pure evil maniac to an laughing clown that is more or less harmless and still claim to be true to the comic. As long as it works in the next movie, I'll be fine with it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My point was that any Joker that they use that has roots in the history of the mythology is better than what Tim Burton did. Joker never killed Btaman's parents. As far as a story idea, i hope that they use some of the story from the "The Killing Joke" to explain his character. That was the best Joker origin ever, IMO.

Don Seer

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2005, 06:54:50 AM »

killing joke is great :)

that shit with the beam of light is nuts..

Kal EL

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2005, 07:00:55 AM »
Seer, I can just see Batman and Joker talking at the carnival with Joker dead serious delivering lines.

Don Seer

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2005, 07:35:26 AM »

man its been years since i read that book..

i read Dark Knight Returns again not too long ago.. i'm in the process of decorating at home, and soon i'll have my lil collection of graphic novels accessible again  :)

I should read "a death in the family" again too

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2005, 08:40:13 AM »
this movie was great im so glad they took it back to being more dark and gothic i fuckin hated the last few movies with that futuristic bright ass light shit.......although i really enjoyed this movie.... it does not beat the first film with the joker that movie is a classic and always will be......that casting was perfect the director was amazing one of my favorites.......i just hope if they do make a second one with the joker that it lives up to the first one........but so far this last one has........great film.   im happy i can acctually enjoy a batman film once again.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2005, 10:35:22 AM »
Damn I cant wait to see this, Im going on Monday.

Kal EL

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2005, 12:45:54 PM »

man its been years since i read that book..

i read Dark Knight Returns again not too long ago.. i'm in the process of decorating at home, and soon i'll have my lil collection of graphic novels accessible again  :)

I should read "a death in the family" again too
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that would be my number 2 all time Joker story. He was bad as fuck in that one!

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2005, 01:00:49 PM »
"Begins" definitely saved the franchise.  The movie is dope.

I gotta get me one of those briefcases and a potato-sack mask.  :o

Two thumbs up.

Not better than the first Batman though.

Don Seer

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2005, 01:11:24 PM »
random fact.. did ya'll know that new batmobile was made in england..

everyone in america said it was impossible to build with the way they wanted the front axle...

also.. has anyone of you who has seen this, seen The Machininst? coz dude was fucking WEIRD in that movie

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2005, 06:19:59 PM »
the film was sick!

i like the way they like made it believable, its on par with the 1st in my opinion.....cuz that was more comic feeling but this was like made in a way it wouldnt even have to be a comic book, like u couldnt tell, but its what kinda made it sick without goin away from wat batman is....

oh and i agree with wat other cats said, when i first saw the batmobile i wasnt sure but once he started coastin it like a muthafucka i was on some "dayyyum i gotta cop me one of those!"

oh and katie holmes was on some other shit, after all the shit he did, she still bitchin!

sick film tho still........

Trauma-san

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2005, 07:27:12 PM »
random fact.. did ya'll know that new batmobile was made in england..

everyone in america said it was impossible to build with the way they wanted the front axle...

Well, Americans have bigger dicks. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2005, 07:27:56 PM »
the film was sick!

i like the way they like made it believable, its on par with the 1st in my opinion.....cuz that was more comic feeling but this was like made in a way it wouldnt even have to be a comic book, like u couldnt tell, but its what kinda made it sick without goin away from wat batman is....

oh and i agree with wat other cats said, when i first saw the batmobile i wasnt sure but once he started coastin it like a muthafucka i was on some "dayyyum i gotta cop me one of those!"

oh and katie holmes was on some other shit, after all the shit he did, she still bitchin!

I laughed out loud when she slapped him.