Author Topic: Dr Dre and Eve  (Read 644 times)

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr Dre and Eve
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2005, 09:12:16 AM »
she's ok

Mygla

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2005, 09:51:07 AM »
i don't mind Eve... but there's so much more talent Dre could use his energy on.

All those criticizing Eve how are you better in what you are doing?

stupid remark... actually, i haven't seen you say anything smart on this board.

if you have to be better than the ones you criticize... half of the board couldn't even diss mc hammer...

gzs

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2005, 10:56:18 AM »
Eve's the most complete female rapper. All female rappers are wack. (Except Rage). Dre discovered Eve. Dre scored a fucking big hit with Eve: Blow your mind. (Almost as big as In da club) Dre knows still a lot of female teenagers buy singles, they download less than boys. Dre is going to score major with her album. It will be the money he needs to release less commercial orientated albums like: Bishop.

Elevz

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2005, 12:41:40 PM »
Eve's the most complete female rapper. All female rappers are wack. (Except Rage). Dre discovered Eve. Dre scored a fucking big hit with Eve: Blow your mind. (Almost as big as In da club) Dre knows still a lot of female teenagers buy singles, they download less than boys. Dre is going to score major with her album. It will be the money he needs to release less commercial orientated albums like: Bishop.

Bang. Nail on the head. She might not be the best rapper that ever lived, but she sure does have the potential to sell a lot. End of.

soopa-man

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2005, 02:18:23 PM »
i dont care to hear Dre beats and Eve's rhyming at all, she was dope early on...but im not surprised Dre is wanting to work with her at all, i mean that "Eve Of Destruction" track is dope as fuck, but i dont listen to female rappers at all! so i dont care Dre always wants to work with female artist and always waste time doing so, Mary J Blidge, Truth Hurts, Michel'le, Jewell, Eve, Gwen Stefani, Toni Braxton, JJ-Fad, he has always wanted to blow a female artist up, every time they ask him whats next its a project like this, when he was on Power 106 recently, Mary J Blidge is the only artist he cared about mentioning for "Detox", the time before when the ICe Cube signing to Aftermath was huge all he could blab about was EVE being signed...

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2005, 02:42:29 PM »
he's doing nothing but wasting beats/talent/time on bullshit that could be channeled
into West Coast albums and make his icon status even larger with the Coast he seems to not be paying attention to these dayz

ABN

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2005, 02:43:39 PM »
Eve will go atleast platinum and make Dre a few millions and y´all still wondering why he signed her?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2005, 02:47:18 PM »
did most of y'all forget that EVE was one of the first artist signed to aftermath a few years back?

ABN

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2005, 02:48:12 PM »
did most of y'all forget that EVE was one of the first artist signed to aftermath a few years back?
she wasn´t one of the first but he signed her before he signed Eminem.

Instinct7

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2005, 02:50:31 PM »
Mygla are you dissing for a living? Well good luck with that

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2005, 02:38:43 AM »
Dear mr. Instinct,

since your posts to this thread haven't helped us a bit further I advise you to play Oracle somewhere else. You happen to be bothering me and the rest of us on a none too little scale.

yours sincerely,

Z the laidback Virus

Anyways, Eve is signed because she'll make Dre money. Her work with Dre has been nice and I could think of worse combinations then Dre and Eve,eventhough I'm not a fan of her.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2005, 03:12:58 AM »
Don't know if this was posted yet, anyway: MTV:

With Tracks From Eve, Nas, Mary J. On Tap, Swizz Beatz Is Hotter Than Ever

Producer/songwriter is on a hot streak with T.I., Cassidy, Mashonda.
Swizz Beatz
Photo: MTV News
BEVERLY HILLS, California — Eve is signed to Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment, but she's not leaving behind her favorite Ruff Ryders music maker.

"She's over there with Aftermath, but she's still family and there's still all love and we still gonna make history," hitmaker Swizz Beatz said recently. "Me and Dr. Dre is doing the album — it's classic already. We're about seven songs deep. She's very focused. That's my sister."

Swizz, who has been working with Eve since he was 16, said the rapper-turned-actress is changing up her sound for the follow-up to 2002's Eve-Olution, which is due later this year.

"I told Dre I don't want to do an album that's not believable," Swizz said. "She can't talk about being in the 'hood and this and that when she's got a TV show and she's living the good life. Rap about the good life and how you got there, and give messages out to the young female youth coming out — but [make sure it's] still nice to dance to. She's making a very believable album."

Along with Eve, Swizz has been in the studio with several acts, including Beyoncé, Nas, Kelis, Q-Tip, Mary J. Blige, Twista, Cassidy, Young Gunz, Memphis Bleek and, of course, his longtime collaborator DMX.

"I produced 80 songs from January to now," said Swizz (real name: Kasseem Dean). "I'm just grinding. I got almost every single out right now."

Well, maybe not every single, but with Cassidy's "I'm a Hustla" (see "Swizz, Mary J. Keep Bangin' On Cassidy's 'I'm A Hustla' "), T.I.'s "Bring Em Out" (see "Swizz Beatz Back In The Spotlight Thanks To T.I., Cassidy") and Mashonda's "Blackout" (featuring Nas), he's certainly hot.

"I just want to let the industry know that Swizz Beatz still be doing it 10 years straight," said Swizz, who's also worked with Jay-Z ("Money, Cash, Hoes," "If I Should Die"), Busta Rhymes, Foxy Brown and just about the entire Ruff Ryders roster over the years. "I keep giving away my hits, though. 'Bring Em Out' and 'Hustla' were [supposed to be] on my next album. So I'm gonna take time out to do my album."

First, though, he's wrapping up production duties on DMX's Here We Go Again, due July 19 (see "Mase Advises DMX To Rap Again, Wait For The Lord's Call"). Swizz's contributions include the first single, "Pump Ya Fist."

"It's a Public Enemy track, but I flipped the beat a little bit," Swizz said. "It's got a lot of energy. Public Enemy always had that energy, and when I thought of this next DMX album, he had to come like a rebel without a cause."

Swizz is also behind some tracks on another high-profile July 19 release, Busta Rhymes' The Big Bang. "I don't want to ruin it, but he's got a song with Stevie Wonder," Swizz said. "That's the level he's taking it to."

Finally, the latest Ruff Ryders release, Redemption: Volume 4, due July 26, also features Swizz, along with DMX, Jadakiss, the LOX, Akon and others.

— Corey Moss

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.