Author Topic: Bizarre Behavior: Journey To The Hannicap Circus  (Read 170 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bizarre Behavior: Journey To The Hannicap Circus
« on: June 16, 2005, 11:49:50 AM »
After two multi-platinum albums with D12, Bizarre is readying his official solo debut. In this exclusive SOHH.com interview, Bizarre speaks on going solo, the Detroit rap war and getting punked.

Though contractually obligated to Shady Records with D12, Biz opted to ink with Sanctuary Urban for his solo effort. According to the Dirty Dozen's funnyman, the venture is what his artistic growth needed.

"I didn't sign with Shady because that's for the D12 thing. Sanctuary offered me my own label. I kinda wanted to get my label Red Head Records off the ground," Bizarre told SOHH.com. "It's a real opportunity for me to grow as an artist, to be able to put other artists on. That's why I chose Sanctuary."

In April, SOHH.com reported on the death of Blade Icewood, a promising Detroit rapper that was fatally gunned down in the city's rap war. While things have been heating up in the motor city, Bizarre fears that the bloodshed has just begun.

"It's crazy right now. It's just random violence. It's like a little war between rap groups. I've been telling people for years, in Detroit, the groups are like rap groups slash gangs, so the amount of violence be high too," Bizarre explained to SOHH.com. "They [Icewood's Cheddar Boyz] had a crazy buzz. All the little kids knew them. They had a song on the radio called "Oh Boy." It was real popular. They had a lot of money and jewelry. They had a label called Big Block Records. They was doing they thing. There's about five rappers in Detroit that's been killed in the last three months."

Earlier this year, Bizarre became the umpteenth rapper to get played on MTV's Punk'd. While he firmly denies crying on the show, (Bizarre says the wind made his eyes tear up during the episode) he admits that the prank made him a bit nervous.

"I had just beat this court case with Proof. This white dude said me and Proof had assaulted him at TGI Fridays like six months ago. The case was bogus and the kid came in and filed a report like six months after he got beat up," Bizarre revealed. "It was in a racist little town, Dearborn, Michigan. They tried to take it all the way to the end. They had no evidence. The car didn't match, the license plate numbers didn't match. It was nothing and the judge still was pressing the issue. We could have easily thrown it out."

After beating a court case, Bizarre must now fight skeptics. Yet, the plus-size rapper has already managed to stand out in Eminem's long shadow. While fans expected Bizarre to go solo earlier, he asserts that the timing is now right to step out of the group.

"We just wanted to concentrate on the group first. I put out an independent solo album out in 97. We were waiting for the right time," Bizarre offered. "We kinda wanted to brand D12 first. We wanted to make sure the foundation for D12 was set first before we put out solo albums. That's why it took so long."

Bizarre's Hannicap Circus featuring guest appearances by Big Boi, Devin the Dude, dead prez and production from Erick Sermon, Eminem, Hi-Tek and Denaun Porter hits stores this July.  :D 8)

http://www.sohh.com/thecore/read.php?contentID=7195

Westside Soldier

Re: Bizarre Behavior: Journey To The Hannicap Circus
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 11:06:15 PM »
wont be copping this cd. 8)

gzs

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 02:39:51 PM »
I'm wondering how the beats on this album sound. Might be some funk on it. Might cop the instrumental version of the album.

By the way does anyone ever heard of the track Trife Thieves - By Bizarre feat. Eminem? It's an old cut, released before Slim shady Lp. First time i heard eminem spit. It might sound crazy but Bizarre is the dopest on that track! Sick beat. 

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 02:43:05 PM »
I'm wondering how the beats on this album sound. Might be some funk on it. Might cop the instrumental version of the album.

By the way does anyone ever heard of the track Trife Thieves - By Bizarre feat. Eminem? It's an old cut, released before Slim shady Lp. First time i heard eminem spit. It might sound crazy but Bizarre is the dopest on that track! Sick beat. 

Yeah Trife Thieves is Bizarre ft. Eminem & Fuzz. It's a pretty good track.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 02:22:01 PM »
wont be copping this cd. 8)

I will,he makes me lough out loud  8) 8) :beer: :D ;D