Author Topic: Knicks to trade Kurt Thomas for Quentin Richardson  (Read 376 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Knicks to trade Kurt Thomas for Quentin Richardson
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 01:59:49 PM »
I actually like the trade for the Knicks...

Stephon Marbury & Quentin Richardson...That's a bomb ass backcourt. Kurt Thomas was getting old and not getting along with the orginazation...Isiah is obviously ready to make a series of moves to better this potentially dangerous ball-club...PeACe

smoke1ne

• 'G'
  • LOL
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 04:42:02 PM »
allan houston got cut by the knicks thas what happen to him and suppsely the mavs wanna get michael finley cehck realgm.com
http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=15899 (link)   shits real easy.. you just click the name of the offer you wanna do... do what the instructions say.. and then hit submit...

you can make about 80$ without doing any cc offers!!!! no bullshit

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 06:05:30 PM »
Yeah Houston got waived, so we gonna save in tax exemption n shit in the next two seasons. Doesnt partically help our cap issues but its a start.

This is a smart psychological move by Isiah. It was done with the same thinking that landed us Malik. Yes he has a large contract, but both (Q and Malik) are talented players, but more importantly both were PRAISED for their locker room antics. Both were considered the leaders in the locker room and really pulled their teams together. Check interviews from the past season and D'Antoni and Nash/Amare etc couldnt shut up about how much Q brings off the court, and Malik needs no explanation. Isiah is bringing in POSITIVE influence for a team that has had some rough times. Kurt Thomas = great player, but he's getting on now, and with him and Steph beefing he was the logical choice to go.

Isiah already said he is going to unload Penny and Tim Thomas now, so its not as stacked as you'd think. But as NIK can see (and many morons cant), he's gonna shuffle the lineup a bit still.

But Marbury/Crawford/Q =  :o

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 07:07:38 PM »
But Marbury/Crawford/Q = :o

But Marbury/Crawford/Q = :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 09:45:04 PM »
if there wasn't a link i woulda thought you were talking about a trade that happened on NBA live 2005 ,lol.

why would the suns do this? and why would the knicks do this, the suns get someone who won't be nothing in 3 years and the knicks get someone they really can't use

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2005, 10:19:08 PM »

Damn, wish we had Chucky Atkins starting for us  ::)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005, 10:43:41 PM »
You think i like chucky atkins?..i hope we get rid of his sory ass!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2005, 11:23:21 AM »

Damn, wish we had Chucky Atkins starting for us  ::)

No need to talk shit...Lakers are still gunna be better than the Kicks next year. 8)

T-Dub

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2005, 12:19:49 AM »
allan houston got cut by the knicks thas what happen to him and suppsely the mavs wanna get michael finley cehck realgm.com

thanks and tobytizzle too I hadn't heard about him getting dropped, wasn't he supposed to be making 20 mil this season?

thanks for the link homie, I appreciate it

acbaylove

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2005, 12:55:49 AM »
^^

"The One Time Cut Exception & Luxury Tax… The NBA will allow each team to cut one player this summer, without tax penalty on that cut – teams will still be required to pay that player what is guaranteed under their contract, but this will give several teams a chance to cut dead weight or bad contracts. This will be a one time rule, and will likely be dubbed the “Allan Houston” Exception… The trade rules will be changed, making trades easier - teams will now be able take on up to 125% of the salaries they send out plus or minus $100,000 - a considerable change from the 115% rule that made deals so hard to consumate... The NBA will still tax over spending owners, what has changed is the gap between allowed percentages and over spending… The NBA will guarantee 57% of revenue is paid to players… the luxury tax will kick in at 61.5% (after the Escrow tax is applied) so if revenue projections are off by 10 to 15%, the tax will kick in.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2005, 02:13:48 AM »
No need to talk shit...Lakers are still gunna be better than the Kicks next year. 8)

If someone else talks shit I shall too...

acbaylove

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2005, 05:27:12 AM »

If someone else talks shit I shall too...

It depends from what you say. I said Knicks sucks no matter if they do this trade. You said Atkins sucks. Both the things are true. ;D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2005, 11:39:04 AM »
Isiah Thomas is a bad GM,the Knicks are fuckin garbage,there salary cap situation is a nightmare,the knicks right now are the most pathetic franchise in the NBA

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2005, 04:11:44 PM »
Its a bit tight to blame Isiah... he came into a fucked up situation, at the least he has bought some excitement to New York (Marbury, Crawford), and his lone selection in last years draft was a steal (Trevor Ariza).