Author Topic: Canibus - Mind Control  (Read 243 times)

KURUPTION-81

Canibus - Mind Control
« on: June 26, 2005, 10:56:08 AM »
How come no one has mentioned this album, it came out last week.

Its a solid album "33 3's" is crazy also does anyone know who the female rapper is on "gybaotc" ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Canibus - Mind Control
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 10:56:58 AM »
who did the production?

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 11:01:45 AM »
i'm a big bis fan but this album sucks, almost as bad as CTHS, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 11:08:34 AM »
i'm a big bis fan but this album sucks, almost as bad as CTHS, peace.

For real, i thought it was a good album, it dont state in the booklet who the producers r.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 11:13:31 AM »
It's horrible.  I can't even come to a conclusion on why this was put together.  Most of the songs have been out for while and they just slapped them together.  Most of the die-hard Canibus fans that would actually buy this would have heard most of this album already.

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 02:46:22 PM »
"33 Threes" is off the Artofficial Intelligence Mixtape

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 02:57:16 PM »
its a stinker, alrite. still looking forward to his next REAL album

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 03:33:25 AM »
Looks like im the only one who likes it.

what happened to that hip hop for sale album that was suppose to come out a few months ago ?

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 07:56:27 AM »
coming out a few months from now

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 03:46:23 AM »
His first two albums were great, but I don't know what happened to him after that.  The first one he had Wyclef and put out a concept album, then the second one was almost even better then the first and it was a battle record dissing Wyclef.  Both albums did about 300,000, had it not been for internet piracy he probably would've gone gold and gotten to keep his deal with Universal.  Since then, he's totally lost his mind, This is one example where getting dropped from a major label ruined a rappers creative energy.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 09:25:27 AM »
His first two albums were great, but I don't know what happened to him after that.  The first one he had Wyclef and put out a concept album, then the second one was almost even better then the first and it was a battle record dissing Wyclef.  Both albums did about 300,000, had it not been for internet piracy he probably would've gone gold and gotten to keep his deal with Universal.  Since then, he's totally lost his mind, This is one example where getting dropped from a major label ruined a rappers creative energy.

U dont rate rip the jacker ?

That is by far canibus best album.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 01:58:30 PM »

I haven't heard that one.  I was a fan of Canibus ever since I first heard him on the "Firm" album back in 98.  There are few mc's that can touch the work he did on "Can-I-Bus" and "2000 BC".  It was when I listened to C True Hollywood stories and that made me give up on Canibus.  He had a song on that album called "draft me" about joining the army that was so ignorant I couldn't believe it was coming from Canibus. Actually, as soon as I saw the promo advertisement for the album I knew he had lost his mind and sold his soul.  Then listening to Mic Club was just icing on the cake, I think I listened to a boot leg copy once and threw it back on the shelf to collect dust.  Also, after he went and joined Bush's war in Iraq, I lost whatever shred of respect I still had left for him. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 02:08:13 PM by Allah's slave: Ibrahim Abdullah »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 05:41:02 PM »
What are you talking about? Mic Club was pretty coo and Rip The Jacker was tight. C-True Hollywood Stories was garbage though, everyone can agree on that.

"Master Thesis", "Cenior Studies '02", "Bis vs. Rip", "Curriculum 101", "Liberal Arts", "Dr C Phd".... are all on Mic Club
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 05:43:16 PM by TheGhost »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 02:58:09 AM »

I haven't heard that one.  I was a fan of Canibus ever since I first heard him on the "Firm" album back in 98.  There are few mc's that can touch the work he did on "Can-I-Bus" and "2000 BC".  It was when I listened to C True Hollywood stories and that made me give up on Canibus.  He had a song on that album called "draft me" about joining the army that was so ignorant I couldn't believe it was coming from Canibus. Actually, as soon as I saw the promo advertisement for the album I knew he had lost his mind and sold his soul.  Then listening to Mic Club was just icing on the cake, I think I listened to a boot leg copy once and threw it back on the shelf to collect dust.  Also, after he went and joined Bush's war in Iraq, I lost whatever shred of respect I still had left for him. 

rip the jacka is an amazing album , stoupes beats have so many levels.

canibus lyrically is very impressive, he even sounds hungry and very foccused.

in my opinion its a 5 mic album.