Author Topic: New Techniec Interview  (Read 264 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
New Techniec Interview
« on: June 30, 2005, 08:15:31 PM »
WestCoastRydaz.com: How did this MOB group come together? You mentioned in the first interview we did way back, that you planned to do a project with Game, but how did this specific group with Eastwood, MOB come to be?

Techniec: It was pretty much somethin that was presented to me by The Game. He came up with the idea of the hottest dudes that he felt were underated from the West Coast. From that he got me and Eastwood. He also had another guy Crooked I in mind, but you know Crooked I was doing his own thing at the time. We just based it off of that.

WestCoastRydaz.com: You talked about doing a project with Crooked I, then it became an LBC Crew reunion album. Is that still gonna happen?

Techniec: It's all up in the air man, it's just a matter of making it happen. I'm movin. To try and make my moves. The LBC Crew thing just somethin thats there, but it's just a matter of gettin' everybody together and making it happen. I believe I said that the last time I talked to you so you know it's defenitely been something thats in conversation. But you know, it hasn't really just came to pass yet.

WestCoastRydaz.com: Is your solo album still titled The Bloc Star?

Techniec: Most defenitely, that's what it is. Cause thats me. I'm Techniec, but Techniec is The Bloc Star. I heard it's a couple of other people who's havin that title but that's me. I don't plan on switchin it up, cause thats what it is.

WestCoastRydaz.com: Is the plan to be a solo artist on Black Wallstreet once this group is out and established?

Techniec: It's a possibility. Right now my options are not as wide open. As of right now I'm rollin with the Black Wall until somethin different happens, that what it is.

WestCoastRydaz.com: What are some of the projects MOB has in the works?

Techniec: We got the First Family mixtape bout to come out. Right now Youknowwhatitis Vol. 3 is out. With The Game 300 Bars, and Poison Bananas joint. So that's really buzzin right now in the streets. So the next one would be the MOB, The First Family.

WestCoastRydaz.com: Is that's somethin thats already completed?

Techniec: Yeah. And aside from all that, we still got the Dynamic Certified thing. With the Menaces II Society, Volume 5. That's also somethin that's on the streets right now that's making noise.

WestCoastRydaz.com: Where does that leave the group, Dynamic Certified. Seeing as your now with MOB.

Techniec: Dynamic Certified is an umbrella. That's from where I came from. That in my eyes is defenitely a factor for the new west. I'm Dynamic Certified to the end. But on a certain note, we all gotta make moves, and that's where it's at right now but the Dynamic Certified thing is live and kickin. It's never goin nowhere that's always a part of me. Techniec is just doing Techniec right now. But it's still DC.

WestCoastRydaz.com: Of course this could be opening opportunities as opposed to just putting shit on hold for Dynamic.

Techniec: Exactly. That's exactly what it is. It's broadening our horizons. It's really trying to hit em from every angle. You know me, I'm pro-west. West coast till the end. So anything that I feel could take the West Coast to the next level, I'm rollin with it. The beautiful thing about the MOB project is, you got the west coast and LA at its finest. You got me representing Longbeach, you got Game representing for Compton, and you got Eastwood representing for LA. So you getting the best of 3 different worlds. I couldn't see it going no better. I couldn't turn that down at all. Also on the same note, it shows unity for the west coast. LA as a whole. I see it's alot of talk out there that dudes in LA, and dudes on the west can't stick together and come together and make nothin happen. This is a prime example of that happening. That's shouts out to Game for that.

WestCoastRydaz.com: And Game is helping out other talented artist, which is what people on the West should be doing when they blow up...

Techniec: Exactly. So it's sort of like, hittin everybody who been out from the west and waking them up. Hittin them across the head and letting them see that it can be done. It is what it is.

WestCoastRydaz.com: Is the MOB officially a Blackwallstreet group? Is the album dropping on BWS, and is the label backed by any distributor or a sub division of any other major?

Techniec: The album most defenitely gonna be coming out through Black Wallstreet. The Black Wallstreet as of right now is an independent. We defenitely have big situations on the table. It's just a matter of going with the best one. By far, it's far from being a label thats just sitting around just waiting on somethin to happen. It's defenitely doors getting banged down to make somethin happen. It's just a matter of going with the best situation right now.

WestCoastRydaz.com: As far as Dynamic Certified Entertainment, are there other things coming, or will that be put on hold meanwhile this MOB thing is poppin.

Techniec: Yeah no doubt. We not getting stagnant for nothing. Dynamic Certified is a movement. And Techniec is also an artist. I'm gonna do me at the same time, Dynamic Certified is not just based off the moves I make. Dynamic Certified is gonna move regardless. Whether I got the MOB project, or what. I'm still a part of everything that goes on with Dynamic. So it's no segregatin' Techniec from Dynamic Certified. Because I founded Dynamic Certified, me and Pac Ten in 93. So I'm Dynamic Certified when I'm not nothing else, feel me. We defenitely got projects. We got the Dynamic Certified project that's still underway. We got kinks and bugs that we had to work out, as far as what angle we was gon' come from, but that's defenitely underway. It's just a matter of getting the situations concrete and going with the best one.

WestCoastRydaz.com: Is there a possibility of Dynamic coming aboard BWS?

Techniec: It's in the beginning stages right now, so I can't really give you no answer on that. There hasn't really been no talk of it. But who knows whats to come in the future. Right now its MOB. That's the line we pushin right now as far as Black Wallstreet.

WestCoastRydaz.com: We heard some shots you took at G-Unit on YouKnowWhatItIs. Is that a beef that's personal with you, are you just riding for Game in this situation?

Techniec: I look at it like this man. At the end of the day regardless of who feel like what about The Game, he brought the west back. I feel that it deserves merit. On the same note, I'm also a major advocate for this west coast. So from the outside looking in, what I seen was a crew of dudes who seen this dude gettin big, and seeing that he wasn't following suit and standing in line as a soldier but he was a boss about what he was doing. Making his moves major. That sort of compromised them because he had the potential of getting bigger then that group. So when I peeped that out and seen that happened, they tried to sabotage and assassinate his character and put him down because he wasn't yielding and he had the potential to be as big as them. From the outside looking in, I look at it like, dude's from the west for one, and he's the only one holdin the West up as of right now. With the exception of Snoop Dogg and the vets that been out and doing it for a minute. This guy right here represents the new west in my eyes. We talked before he came out. He got out the blocks and he did his thing. I don't got no choice but to ride with that. He always been pretty much a man of his word as far as I known him. I look at it like, If I'm ridin with you, I'm ridin with you, I ain't gonna halfway ride with you. At the end of the day we all pushin and tryin to make this west coast thing happen. Anybody that's trying to sabotage that they gotta realize that they got a problem in they hands.

WestCoastRydaz.com: You mention Snoop Dogg as one of the people doing their thing. You said what you said about him on Vol. 4 LOEG mixtape. I'm sure you must've bumped into him on the How The West Was Won tour, what's the situation between you and Snoop now?

Techniec: To tell you the truth it's no situation. I got my views, and I'm never gonna be the one to bite my tongue on how I feel about any situation. I'm not gonna really get into it, because all of that is old shit. Right now my main concern is putting Techniec where he need to be, and putting Dynamic Certified where it need to be, and puttin the MOB where it need to be. I'm not really gonna trip off of none of that old shit. We did the western conference. Everybody put they views on the table and squashed all of the bullshit. As far as I'm concerned, what it is, is what it is. I ain't got no beef toward none of that. It really was no rap beef, it was some real talk that I spoke on. I ain't gonna take it back, but as far as I'm concerned right now, I'm just trying to move forward.

WestCoastRydaz.com: What are your thoughts on the West Coast Conference, are you all for it?

Techniec: I'm all for it with whoever's for it. It's alot of dudes that say one thing and do another thing. So, it's like, if you with it, I'm with it. Anybody else who ain't with it, I don't have no interest in having no dealings with them. But me, I'm a true to life MC, and I gotta speak for this west coast because at the end of the day in this whole industry we the underdogs. I'm with whatever. Whatevers gonna put us back on top.

WestCoastRydaz.com: You talked about doing a solo mixtape last year, are you still gonna be putting out solo projects and stuff like that meanwhile this MOB thing gets crackin.

Techniec: It just all goes off of priority. I ain't trying to have 7, 8 different things going on as once. I had to sort of fall back the main project. The priority as of right now is the MOB project. On my side of things, the Dynamic Certified project. So, those are the main concerns right there. I will be vocal throughout all the projects I get on, so if it's the MOB projects, you will be hearing me, you will be hearing my presence. My solo joints and things of that nature. But when it comes time for my solo project to drop, then you will be hearing more of me on mixtapes in a solo capacity.

WestCoastRydaz.com: Are there any plans to use any of the 18 & Over songs, maybe drop them on a mixtape?

Techniec: I might. It's a few that I might leak out. Throw em on mixtapes, but I don't really have no interest. In my eyes that album wasn't an album. It was like practice. It never came to full pass as being an album. If you wanna be real, when I was over there [Hoo-Bangin], I only worked a total of 3 weeks on my project. In the studio on my project. So it was in the beginning stages, it wasn't really an album. It was just tracks I was doing over there which really, in my eyes, don't even tap into the best of my creative ability. So right now, at this point, 2005 is when you gonna be really hearing Techniec. Real talk.

WestCoastRydaz.com: When can we expect that MOB First Family mixtape to drop?

Techniec: We actually working on it now. Taking this trip to Europe for a minute, so probably by the time we get back it'll be ready to go. So I'll give it 3 weeks to a month or somewhere around there. Be lookin out for it.

WestCoastRydaz.com: You just hopped off the How the West Was Won tour, what was that experience like?

Techniec: It was cool man. It was cool to even be apart of that. Cause it showed there was unity on the west. Two sides of LA coming together, both sides of the flag. They made it happen. It pretty much went on without a glitch. It was a couple isolated incidents, lil b.s. incidents, but it went on as planned. It didn't have nothing to do with people on the tour, it was outside bullshit.

WestCoastRydaz.com: You get a chance to talk to the newly reunited Dogg Pound at all?

Techniec: Yeah, I holla'd at them dudes. As far as on the road, I holla'd at Kurupt and Daz, it was all love. Battlecat. They pretty much gave me they blessings with the whole thing we trying to do with this MOB project. So it's all love, I ain't ever had no problems or issues with them.

WestCoastRydaz.com: Theres been some word going around that Suge had a few run ins with Game and his camp, and that theres some conflict over the MOB name.... Can you clarify the situation, cause there have been some rumors flying around and some different stories..

Techniec: I heard a couple bullshit rumors. I'm gonna squash all the rumors man. Ain't no bullshit came over our way, as far as the Black Wallstreet. Whatever the situation is, it gets handled when it gets handled. As it stands right now, the MOB is the MOB. That's the name of the group, ain't nobody gonna lean on us to change shit that we doing. We moving. We all grown men. It's money over bitches and thats what it is. How the fuck can somebody claim on a phrase that it's a million niggas in this world living by that code. Money over a bitch. So it's whatever man. All of the bullshit rumors, that niggas done took off on the MOB, or Game had hands put on em, none of that shit. It's all bullshit, don't let these assholes on the street gas you. Still prettier then ever man, don't nobody got a scratch on em.

WestCoastRydaz.com: You still have any local shows goin down, you been doing your thing with Dynamic.

Techniec: We just had some recent ones. Performed maybe 2 weeks ago at the Key Club in Hollywood. Then we had the Blue Cafe in Downtown Longbeach. So you know, Dynamic Certified still movin', and on the underground scene we gonna kill em. Expect to see the movement upgrade within this next year. It's operation boss up right now, we ready to take it to that next level. So right now, Dynamic Certified, we really just in the lab stepping our game all the way up to be a prevalent force in this west coast movement. Cause as of right now on the West, dudes is bein real stagnant, ain't nobody really pushin that line like they supposed to. In these last couple of months, I done been to alot of states, that's really where it counts. I mean the west gonna be the west but we gotta be the west outside of the west. From New York, to North Calorina, to Atlanta, and Texas. Wherever we go LA gotta represent, and just the west coast as a whole gotta really represent and let em know that we here and we coming with some real shit. So you know, alot of the problem is people not really not gettin a chance to hear the shit that we doin out here. So niggas gotta take it amongst theyselves and put it in their own hands, as far as how far this sound goes. We gotta really start making our moves outside the box.

I use this as a prime example everytime, you gotta go back to the late 80s when Ice-T and Too Short and all of these dudes were goin gold without even gettin' no radio play. That's because these dudes was on they grind and they was really making they moves. So we gotta really take it back to that, that's what the west was built off of. We gotta make our moves as a whole, so I'm with anybody that's with this movement man. All the real dudes. Holla at me man.

WestCoastRydaz.com: Have you been collaborating with anybody besides the MOB?

Techniec: As of right now I been pretty busy caught up with this whole MOB thing. We trying to make this larger then life. I just been within the camp trying to really put the focus there. But I done talked to a few cats, they word is out there, it's just a matter of gettin our scheduling together. It's been talks as far as collaborating but everybody got a busy schedule, so when we get around to doing it we gonna make it happen.

WestCoastRydaz.com: You just had the Menaces II Society come out, and Krunch Feature presentation. Krunch is a real talented dude, he spoke on joining the group with us the other week. What really made you want to take him into the group?

Techniec: For more than anything, I seen Krunch as being a real dude. With a whole lot of heart, a whole lot of ambition. Determination. With that being said, we need as much as that as possible within Dynamic Certified. People that's always gonna be on they toes and ready to mash and make it happen. It's alot of these dudes, who feel like just because they talented that's gonna get em somewhere. Talent don't mean shit in this day and age. It's only a small fraction of what's needed. It's alot of heart, determination, and ambition that's needed. You gotta be a go getter and mash. Without saying no names it's alot of garbage ass dudes that's out here in these positions, and they not in these positions because they talented, but they in these positions because they had the heart to do it. The talent was just the small part of it. Because at the end of the day it's alot of garbage out there that's getting a whole lot of run. So it's good when you got talented dude, that got alot of talent, but they also ambitious, humble, determined to get out there and make something happen. That's what Dynamic is all about. It's go hard or go home man.

WestCoastRydaz.com: You guys had that video for The Slumz. Any other videos in the works?

Techniec: Yeah actually, I got one that we sittin on right now that was supposed to be for my untitled lil throwback album where I was bustin over alot of old cuts. That's for this track called Deeper. So that's a solo joint from this lil Bloc Star mixtape situation. I'm defenitely gonna throw that to ya real soon. It's real hood. You really see a good visual representation of the inside of Longbeach. Not like the glamour and basic shit you always see like the VIP and this and that. This is really into the hood, some real hood dudes. It's a real fly lil joint. Sort of like The Slumz, from my perspective of it, how I see it, from the block I grew up on, and just throughout the city. Some real dudes thats up in there. It's pretty much like hood journalism. We try and keep that out there just so people in the hood can see where they come from. On screen. We try and document all that.

WestCoastRydaz.com: I heard you can be spotted in the R. Kelly/Game video?

Techniec: Yeah I was up in there. The shit was in Miami, it was real crazy. It was on yachts, the beautifulest women I ever seen man. It was real crazy.

WestCoastRydaz.com: You're about to head out to Europe and tour with Game... will you guys perform stuff as a group?

Techniec: It's pretty much from day to day. We gettin the exposure and lettin em know the MOB is coming. Just put it on they mind, so when they get hit with it they will be expectin it, it won't be like a surprise or mystery like who is these dudes. So they will be somewhat familiar. We just puttin it out there and let em know we comin.

WestCoastRydaz.com: You really shined on YouKnowWhatItIs Mixtape, I think you guys really made your presence felt on there.

Techniec: As far as that, we really gotta just let these dudes know, for one Game ain't out here on his own. And the west coast got some fire out here, so it's a force to be reckoned with and respect is demanded. From whoever. It ain't just dudes on wax who are just talkin about it, it's some dudes that done actually lived it, and dudes from the street. At the end of the day, you gettin the real, all across the board.

WestCoastRydaz.com: What are your thoughts on G Unit Records ambushing Game's album. Word is they are stopping any new singles from coming out, and blocking any videos, promotion, etc.

Techniec: I really don't have no information on that. But what I can say is The Game and Black Wallstreet ain't stoppin for shit. So whatever they got up they sleeve is whatever. Niggas is stayin movin. Game is definitely stayin mashin. In these last couple of months of just being hands on dealing with him from day to day, in my opinion I give dude big ups. He like the hardest working dude I seen since 2Pac. He really determined, he mashin. So, at the end of the day dudes can't do nothin but respect him. True enough it's his first album, but I have a hard time keepin up with him, dude be mashin for real. Whatever they try, I'm ridin with him 100%. It's the west coast, we gon make whatever happen. It ain't like it's no Eastcoast/Westcoast shit, it ain't got nothin to do with that, but I think the coast as a whole should stand behind what he doin. I ain't really seen nobody out here mashin like he mashin. Niggas need to just fall in line and stop hatin, and really try and get down with this movement.

WestCoastRydaz.com: Do you see there being any west coast conflict happening, seeing that G Unit has Spider Loc and Kokane on their roster now?

Techniec: To each his own, them dudes gotta get they money man. Whoever gon blow them up, that's a decision for them to make. I don't really know them dudes like that so I can't speak up on it until they speak up on somethin that got to do with us.

WestCoastRydaz.com: Anything else you'd like to add to this interview before we wrap it up?

Techniec: For the most part look out for this new west shit, I know it's been a long time coming and you know, it's really been scattered out here as far as the moves we can make, cause we been limited. The music industry been leaning on us for a minute. They been boxin us out for a minute. It's like, we only gonna get held out as much as we let em. Me, myself, on behalf of Black Wallstreet and Dynamic Certified, we ain't sittin down for nothin. We mashin. We need to get yall ears man, get yall attention. If yall sleep, we gonna wake yall ass up. So be lookin out for all of it. Techniec, The Game, Eastwood. Dynamic Certified. Big Krunch, the whole nine. We Comin!

www.wcrydaz.com

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
Re: New Techniec Interview
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 09:09:17 PM »
That was definitely a dope interview. . .Thanks.

DLC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 11:10:51 PM »
props

San Fernando Valley's "FLOJOS" Southern California - Toyota 4x4 & Mini Truck Club

lil layzie

• 'G'
  • lil layzie
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 12:01:13 AM »
Thats WCR style!

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 01:12:41 AM »
That was definitely a dope interview. . .Thanks.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 02:02:53 AM »

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 03:31:14 AM »

nice :)

Makaveli R.I.P.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Exit Tupac......enter Makaveli
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 03:49:15 AM »
thx

"I'm watching how he walked through the door. The way he sounded, the delivery.......all of it turned me on." - Dr. Dre about The Game
"50 ain't gangsta, Lloyd Banks ain't gansta, Yayo ain't gangsta, Young Buck u know u ain't gangsta...."

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 03:53:24 AM »
great interview.thanks.too bad crooked i didnt make the group

Croyd

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 04:12:38 AM »
Yeah good read.

-Croyd

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2005, 05:01:35 AM »
nice interview

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2005, 02:55:43 PM »
props 8) 8)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2005, 01:51:43 AM »
MOB is coming to Europe! Gonna see them on stage in a few hours :)

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2005, 01:54:31 AM »
who is exactly in LBC Crew

is it just Techniec, Bad Azz & Crooked I????