Author Topic: ACDC out sells Michael Jackson Eagles beat thriller album in sales  (Read 639 times)

Trauma-san

Re: ACDC out sells Michael Jackson Eagles beat thriller album in sales
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2005, 08:38:01 PM »
Well no shit AC/DC has sold more total albums.

Michael Jackson releases:

Off The Wall
Thriller
Bad
Dangerous
History
Blood On The Dance Floor (remix album)
Invincible
#1 hits

6 albums, a remix album, and a greatest hits album.  8 albums total entire career, spanning nearly 30 years.

AC/DC: 30 year career

T.N.T.
High Voltage
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Let There Be Rock
Powerage
If You Want Blood
Highway To Hell
Back In Black
For Those About To Rock
Flick Of The Switch
'74 Jailbreak
Fly On The Wall
Who Made Who
Blow Up Your Video
The Razors Edge
Live
Ballbreaker
Bonfire
Stiff Upper Lip

19 albums.

Instead of "AC/DC outsell Michael Jackson!!!" the title ought to read "Michael Jackson nearly outsells AC/DC despite only releasing a third as many albums!!!" but I guess that doesn't have as good of a ring to it. 

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2005, 10:13:50 PM »
^in 10 years back in black will eclipse thriller

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Seer

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2005, 01:38:31 AM »

Keep in mind, All Eyez On Me hasnt been updated in like over 7 years. Shits probably sold close to 11 or 12 million, and I wouldnt be surprised if it was unofficially the best selling rap album of all time by now. That album is STILL a hot back catalog seller even today. Its pushing more units (even though its 9 years old) then some of the more recent big selling rap albums like GRODT (which is only 2 years old).

"Greatest Hits" is probably diamond too, which would make Pac the first and only rapper to have TWO diamond albums.

no.. this is a JUST UPDATED list. this argument pac fan's use doesnt stand anymore...

you miss this bit?

The RIAA list was updated last week and indicates collective album sales for artists in the U.S. Of course
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 01:40:07 AM by Overseer »

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2005, 01:39:34 AM »
Oh, and by the way, everybody knows the Elvis and Beatles records are fucked up, because there was a fire years ago that destroyed the album sales records up until that point for Elvis and the Beatles respectfully.  They're both probably much higher. 

actually.. you might be surprised.... back in the day most sales were from 7" singles.. albums didnt sell that amazingly

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2005, 03:48:39 AM »

Keep in mind, All Eyez On Me hasnt been updated in like over 7 years. Shits probably sold close to 11 or 12 million, and I wouldnt be surprised if it was unofficially the best selling rap album of all time by now. That album is STILL a hot back catalog seller even today. Its pushing more units (even though its 9 years old) then some of the more recent big selling rap albums like GRODT (which is only 2 years old).

"Greatest Hits" is probably diamond too, which would make Pac the first and only rapper to have TWO diamond albums.

no.. this is a JUST UPDATED list. this argument pac fan's use doesnt stand anymore...

you miss this bit?

The RIAA list was updated last week and indicates collective album sales for artists in the U.S. Of course

That doesnt mean anything, really.

The only thing that was updated was the total sales for the artists (and not even all of them were updated, only some of them), not individual albums. Albums are only updated if the label pays for the certification, and we all know how lazy Suge is. If the entire list was really updated, that would mean all or almost all the artists on the list would have gone up, but only some of them did.

ANYONE with common sense knows that All Eyez On Me, being a huge back catalog seller for nearly the last 6-7 years since it was certified 9X, has easily gone up at least a million (if not more) in that time period. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to know this, just simple logic. Im pretty sure that 2Pacalypse Now, Strictly, Thug Life Vol.1, Me Against the World, 7 Day Theory, and Greatest Hits have all gone up as well, though perhaps to a lesser degree as AEOM remains his most popular album.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 03:55:47 AM by ImmortalOne »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

The Watcher

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005, 05:43:35 AM »
im pretty sure there's aliens out in the universe too, but until someone can post some proof.. these figures are all we have to go on
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005, 06:01:32 AM »
lol.. deluded 2 pac fans eh...  :D

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2005, 06:17:44 AM »

Off The Wall
Thriller
Bad
Dangerous
History
Invincible
#1 hits

6 albums, a remix album, and a greatest hits album.  8 albums total entire career, spanning nearly 30 years.

T.N.T.
High Voltage
Let There Be Rock
Powerage
If You Want Blood
Highway To Hell
Back In Black
For Those About To Rock
Flick Of The Switch
'74 Jailbreak
Fly On The Wall
Who Made Who
Blow Up Your Video
The Razors Edge
Live
Ballbreaker
Bonfire
Stiff Upper Lip

19 albums.

Instead of "AC/DC outsell Michael Jackson!!!" the title ought to read "Michael Jackson nearly outsells AC/DC despite only releasing a third as many albums!!!" but I guess that doesn't have as good of a ring to it. 

Why is it that you seem to forget about the 5 MJ albums pre Quincy Jones that you made sure to point out to me in another thread. Could it be because they didn't sell shit and they hurt yourcase n this thread?

So change 8 MJ albums to 12 or 13 MJ albums. Shit you can even throw the Jackson 5 Bullshit in there, and make the number more like 26 albums, and MJ still won't crack the top ten.

Enough with your excuses. AC/DC had only a fraction of the corperate support MJ had gotten. The same can be said for just about anyone else above MJ on that list. The guy had some catchy songs but lacked substance and soul. His "serious" songs were pretentious and souinded like they were written by a pre teen. With or with out his legal problems he'd be fading out as far as what new generations think of his music. With MJ songs what you see is what you get, nothing reveals itself with time or age, and they're going to be very dated soon enough. There's no hidden gems wit this guy either. You have huis tring of 7 or 8 huge singles and that's it. Unlike Elvis, who had his string of huge singles from the 50s and early 60s, but also had a plethora of gold with his live recordings and covers. MJ doesn't have that. As time goes by MJ will sell less and less while Elvis, the Beatles, and Zeppelin sell more and more.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 06:35:09 AM by Shallow »

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2005, 06:33:00 AM »

Off The Wall
Thriller
Bad
Dangerous
History
Invincible
#1 hits

T.N.T.
High Voltage
Let There Be Rock
Powerage
If You Want Blood
Highway To Hell
Back In Black
For Those About To Rock
Flick Of The Switch
'74 Jailbreak
Fly On The Wall
Who Made Who
Blow Up Your Video
The Razors Edge
Live
Ballbreaker
Bonfire
Stiff Upper Lip

19 albums.

Why is it that you seem to forget about the 5 MJ albums pre Quincy Jones that you made sure to point out to me in another thread. Could it be because they didn't sell shit and they hurt yourcase n this thread?

So change 8 MJ albums to 12 or 13 MJ albums. Shit you can even throw the Jackson 5 Bullshit in there, and make the number more like 26 albums, and MJ still won't crack the top ten.

Enough with your excuses. AC/DC had only a fraction of the corperate support MJ had gotten. The same can be said for just about anyone else above MJ on that list. The guy had some catchy songs but lacked substance and soul. His "serious" songs were pretentious and souinded like they were written by a pre teen. With or with out his legal problems he'd be fading out as far as what new generations think of his music. With MJ songs what you see is what you get, nothing reveals itself with time or age, and they're going to be very dated soon enough. There's no hidden gems wit this guy either. You have huis tring of 7 or 8 huge singles and that's it. Unlike Elvis, who had his string of huge singles from the 50s and early 60s, but also had a plethora of gold with his live recordings and covers. MJ doesn't have that. As time goes by MJ will sell and less while Elvis, the Beatles, and Zeppelin sell more and more.

I have to agree.

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2005, 01:53:46 AM »

Off The Wall
Thriller
Bad
Dangerous
History
Invincible
#1 hits

T.N.T.
High Voltage
Let There Be Rock
Powerage
If You Want Blood
Highway To Hell
Back In Black
For Those About To Rock
Flick Of The Switch
'74 Jailbreak
Fly On The Wall
Who Made Who
Blow Up Your Video
The Razors Edge
Live
Ballbreaker
Bonfire
Stiff Upper Lip

19 albums.

Alright, lets go by your numbers then, child.  I'll kill you on your own shit.

Lets say Michael DID have 13 albums.  That means he sold 59.5 million with 13 albums, which averages out to 4.57 million copies per album.

AC/DC have 19 albums, and have sold 66 million albums... which averages out to 3.47 million copies per album.

Conclusion: He still outsells them, even with your inflated numbers, dumbass.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2005, 02:02:45 AM »

when you look at the sales for thriller a big chunk of the sales were from its initial release all the way to 85-86' ......which is fucking pheonominal don't get me wrong, but "Back in Black" and "led zeppelin IV" are selling consistantly through out the years if you look at the time of their releases they were double platnum selling albums, 5 years later 5 times platnum 10 years later 11 times, and ect. they just keep on selling.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2005, 07:37:49 AM »

Off The Wall
Thriller
Bad
Dangerous
History
Invincible
#1 hits

T.N.T.
High Voltage
Let There Be Rock
Powerage
If You Want Blood
Highway To Hell
Back In Black
For Those About To Rock
Flick Of The Switch
'74 Jailbreak
Fly On The Wall
Who Made Who
Blow Up Your Video
The Razors Edge
Live
Ballbreaker
Bonfire
Stiff Upper Lip

19 albums.

Lets say Michael DID have 13 albums.  That means he sold 59.5 million with 13 albums, which averages out to 4.57 million copies per album.

AC/DC have 19 albums, and have sold 66 million albums... which averages out to 3.47 million copies per album.

But he should outsell them as far as per album goes. Don't you get what I mean? He had the machine behind him the whole way. How many big time videos did AC/DC have? How many NBC premieres did their record label pay for? Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jim Carrey make more monet per movie than Johnny Depp or Dustin Hoffman, does that mean anything other than the latter two didn't get the main stream attention as the former? Maybe in your world Arnie is better than Johnny Depp, who knows?

Trauma-san

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2005, 09:16:20 AM »

when you look at the sales for thriller a big chunk of the sales were from its initial release all the way to 85-86' ......which is fucking pheonominal don't get me wrong, but "Back in Black" and "led zeppelin IV" are selling consistantly through out the years if you look at the time of their releases they were double platnum selling albums, 5 years later 5 times platnum 10 years later 11 times, and ect. they just keep on selling.

How does that change the numbers, though?  As it stands now, like I said, Michael has sold more if you factor in the amount of albums involved, it's cut and dry.  I could give a fuck when they sold what, that's not the point.  The point was the way the thing is written is misleading. 

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2005, 09:57:18 AM »

Off The Wall
Thriller
Bad
Dangerous
History
Invincible
#1 hits

T.N.T.
High Voltage
Let There Be Rock
Powerage
If You Want Blood
Highway To Hell
Back In Black
For Those About To Rock
Flick Of The Switch
'74 Jailbreak
Fly On The Wall
Who Made Who
Blow Up Your Video
The Razors Edge
Live
Ballbreaker
Bonfire
Stiff Upper Lip

19 albums.

But he should outsell them as far as per album goes. Don't you get what I mean? He had the machine behind him the whole way. How many big time videos did AC/DC have? How many NBC premieres did their record label pay for? Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jim Carrey make more monet per movie than Johnny Depp or Dustin Hoffman, does that mean anything other than the latter two didn't get the main stream attention as the former? Maybe in your world Arnie is better than Johnny Depp, who knows?

lol you really seem to be obsessed with puttin down MJ and what he achieved. First you say certain artists sold more than him, you get proven wrong / your point irrelevant, then you turn around and say sales don't mean shit cause MJ got way better promotion ? make up your mind before you try to hate next time

Trauma-san

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2005, 11:15:46 AM »

Off The Wall
Thriller
Bad
Dangerous
History
Invincible
#1 hits

T.N.T.
High Voltage
Let There Be Rock
Powerage
If You Want Blood
Highway To Hell
Back In Black
For Those About To Rock
Flick Of The Switch
'74 Jailbreak
Fly On The Wall
Who Made Who
Blow Up Your Video
The Razors Edge
Live
Ballbreaker
Bonfire
Stiff Upper Lip

19 albums.

We're not talking about personal opinion, we're just talking about fact.  The entire post is about fact, the factual data concerning album sales.  I could talk to you until I'm blue in the face about who's better or who had more promotion or who had bigger videos or blah blah whatever the fuck, but that's all irrelevant.  I showed you that your bullshit numbers were fucked up, and then you move the goalposts... maybe something like that would work with an amateur, but since you're dealing with a legend, you should try something a little more concrete next time you want to try to bullshit somebody.