Author Topic: Hmm... Damn  (Read 279 times)

Big BpG

Hmm... Damn
« on: June 29, 2005, 01:24:58 AM »
Hey everyone.

I was doing some thinking today and listening to some music (the new coldplay album) when I realized that I haven't listened or been listening to rap music in a long ass time. To try and get back into I turned to the chronic... started on track 1 and pressed play.... I must say... I wasn't even excited. Maybe I've listened to it too much in my life, I mean, I know everyone word to every song on that album.... I don't know though. Rap just isn't doing it for me... at least GANGSTA rap isn't... I'm at a point in my life where I'm looking to try new things and the words in most rap these days is just well... old, reused and stuff...nothing I can relate to.  I don't know... maybe I'm just older now... it's strange...

ok,

done venting... pz to all the OG's here... the newbs can... in the words of bpg_snoopdogg... SUCK A DICK

BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Elevz

Re: Hmm... Damn
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 05:52:59 AM »
I don't know though. Rap just isn't doing it for me... at least GANGSTA rap isn't... I'm at a point in my life where I'm looking to try new things and the words in most rap these days is just well... old, reused and stuff...nothing I can relate to.  I don't know... maybe I'm just older now... it's strange...

Nothing strange, at least once a month a topic like this pops up here. It's nothing I personally get though, because I don't even listen to gangstarap that much. I guess it's a natural process, you'll get to like rap again in a few months from now. And if not, I wouldn't be too worried about it if I were you.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 07:34:53 AM »
i recomend "the love below" for u

WestCoasta

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 10:55:35 AM »
i'll never get sick of shit I've heard a hundred times, shit alwayz sounds dope to me

that's too bad for you  :-\

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 11:00:36 AM »
Congratulations?

ComptonCycoGeah

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 05:10:22 PM »
who the fuck listenes to coldplay........i know..............................fags do

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 05:14:55 PM »
who the fuck listenes to coldplay........i know..............................fags do
:stop: don't you think that was just a liiitle bit too over the top?
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

ComptonCycoGeah

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 05:23:31 PM »
no...........

southwest602

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 12:04:05 AM »
i think the problem is the industry is kind of wack. with fags like lil jon, ying yang twins, and fuck........lets just say the vast majority is wack. i dont know about yall, but me spending close to $20.00 so i can hear some nigga tell me how rich he is, how much ice he rocks, what kind of hundred thousand dollar car he drives on every fucking track is not only boring and same old, but it dont really get me all interested in hear the niggas next album or anything else out the niggas mouth. its like, "im rich", nigga i know i your rich. kats be spending money to hear you say the shit on every fucking song. you could say im a hater. but we all hate. its human nature. and its hard for to there and listen to you when all you got to say is, i got money, and cars. its like trying to talk to a kat that only speaks about how well off he is. first its like, "yeah nigga, good for you" but after 15 minutes of the shit its like "ok nigga, shut the fuck up or im going to break your fucking jaw". shit gets old to me. now as far as gangsta rap goes, i really cant get tired of it. dont get me wrong, hell yeah nigga you rich you got brag'n rights. but on every fucking track?or every other track? not that cool. so go ahead homie, get something interesting in your system. if cold play floats your boat, bump it. this is just my thoughts on rap. you like the niggas i described in this, then.....more power to ya. bump what you like i guess.

ComptonCycoGeah

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 04:37:35 PM »
listen 2 eiht g he is real and dosent ever talk on rocks and money listen 2 him, i mean if u like game u just a kid or some one who likes his beats and not what hes sayin cos he isent really sayin nuttin jsut talkin shit,
feel me, u aint hatin man tahts how i feel the rap game is twisted at mo

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2005, 04:57:11 PM »
Are you even from Compton? Cause usually people who use the word "Cos" instead of cuz or cause are usually from Europe

ComptonCycoGeah

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2005, 05:00:40 PM »
im from london, u

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2005, 05:07:07 PM »
Union City, California