Author Topic: Damn! Nas' "I Am..." Bootlegg and Retail 2gether is Dope!  (Read 219 times)

soopa-man

Damn! Nas' "I Am..." Bootlegg and Retail 2gether is Dope!
« on: June 29, 2005, 04:23:17 PM »
This album has too many leftover tracks! That are straight heat! Incredible rhymes, creativity, and best dope story-telling rhymes that keep the listener's attention!

"Blaze A 50"
"Poppa Was A Player"
"Wanna Play Rough"
"Project Windows (Original)"
"Fetus (Belly Button Window) Original" wouldve been a dope intro!!!
"The Rise And Fall"
"Drunk By Myself"
" I'm High"
"Amongst Kings" wouldve been a perfect outro to end the album!!!

I know theres more im missing but damn all these are amazing! there were all available before "I Am..." came out and was the first bootlegg i owned and one of the few i still return to! mine also has

"U Gotta Love It"  and "Nothing Last Forever" does any one know if these were recorded in this time period?

damn Nas is ill as fuck when he wants to be!! along with cuts like: "Small World", "Undying Love", "N.Y. State of Mind Pt. 2" shit was amazing at this point in hip hop, damn i wonder why he decided to go with "Hate Me Now" with Puffy for a video this album and its unreleased material are so visual! he could of built the videos with the stories he was telling here!

Elevz

Re: Damn! Nas' "I Am..." Bootlegg and Retail 2gether is Dope!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 09:37:38 AM »
I actually think the whole I Am... album is pretty much underrated. It's not even close to a classic, but still a nice one to listen to every now and then. It's true though, I really wonder why those tracks didn't make it to the final version of the album. It's not like they didn't fit in the image of the album, not at all.

Okka

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 01:50:58 PM »
I know alot of people diss "I Am", but i think that it's Nas's best album...

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 01:55:44 PM »
well most of those were on lost tapes, and thats prob my fav nas album or 2nd fav

Elevz

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 03:09:09 PM »
I know alot of people diss "I Am", but i think that it's Nas's best album...

Far from that imo, because Nas has done some extremely good stuff throughout his career. I am... is far from his best work imo, but still definately worth listening to. However; Illmatic, It was written, Stillmatic, Gods Son, The Lost Tapes and Streets Disciple all were BETTER albums than I am...

Goddamn, I just realised Nas has an amazing discography. Only album he's got out that wasn't good was Nastradamus  ;D

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 09:27:26 PM »
All of nas' albums were equally as good except for streets disciple and nastradamus