Author Topic: Detroit Thread- Why Nobody From Detroit Has Blown Up Besides Eminem?  (Read 492 times)

BigBDrugStores

^nah, it certified platnium

Diabolical

You could ask this question about anywhere that isnt big.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The entire midwest struggles. They only seem to sell when they travel to the east or west. Twista's first album was the only album I have seen sell that didn't need any major artist featured on it or use a particular coast's style.

Diabolical

What about Nelly i was never sure if he was South or Mid West?
Im sure he sometimes says Mid West in songs.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What about Nelly i was never sure if he was South or Mid West?
Im sure he sometimes says Mid West in songs.

Yeah, he has a song called Midwest Swing, but he is more influenced by the south. But Tech N9ne is from Missouri too and I consider him midwest. It's more about the music they make. Bone is from Cleveland which is like 5 hours from New York, and they sound west coast.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
If there was any justice in the Detroit world of record sales, Royce da 5'9'' would have gone platinum, and D12 would struggle to see gold..

back in the day alot of your posts i could vibe with, these days alot of your posts are weak in opinion, but i 1000% agree with ya on this! 8)

peace homie!

Jome

back in the day alot of your posts i could vibe with, these days alot of your posts are weak in opinion, but i 1000% agree with ya on this! 8)

Or it could be that I don't post as much now, and when I do, I randomly happen to discredit Snoop's newer music..  8)

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Or it could be that I don't post as much now, and when I do, I randomly happen to discredit Snoop's newer music.. 8)

yeah thats a good thing tho snoop's new music is wank

Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

wcsoldier

Cheers struggled to go gold ??? according to www.riaa.com it´s certified platinum.

Alot of times that only means that the album has only shipped platinum, not actually sold platinum.  That album was slow out the box, it only did maybe 100,000 or so the first week and left the charts altogether a few weeks later.   It's possible that it went platinum, but I doubt it. 
Cheers did 250 000 first week, not bad coz remember there were big releases the same day

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Hmm.... lesse here.

D-12 made tons of money and went platinum.

Kid Rock is an international superstar, and has went multi-platinum multiple times.

Robert Bradley's Blackwater Surprise is from Detroit, what yall know about Robert Bradley?

The White Stripes are also from Detroit, and are international superstars, considered one of the best bands in the world, and pretty much run rock right now. 

Clearly my thread was talking about hip-hop albums.   

they don't call it "Detroit ROCK City" for no reason

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
There are a lot of rappers from Detroit who have released really good albums, IMO King Gordy's album is close to being a classic, or maybe it's even a classic, and his group the Fat Killahz have released a album that was the shit, then you got 2 Bizarre albums that are great, and one Promatic album, they're working on the second album now, Dogmatic had a few great albums, and Obie's album is platinum, Paradime's last album was great, and that Raw Collection album was great as well, and there are at least 10 albums coming out in 2005/2006 that might be great, from the likes of Marv Won, Shim-E Bango, Eminem, Obie Trice, Swift, Big Dame, Kuniva, Kon Artis, Da Brigade, Proof, Dogmatic, Promatic, Trick Trick, King Gordy, T Baby, P.H.E.A.R, Young Who?, Mu, Purple Gang, Raw Collection and probally the Runyon Ave. Soldiers.
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

Trauma-san

Oh, BTW, I forgot about the greatest label of all time, the whole of Motown rose out of Detroit.