Author Topic: Jay-z Biter...pretty bad  (Read 274 times)

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Jay-z Biter...pretty bad
« on: July 07, 2005, 11:18:56 PM »
ok we all kno hes bitten...but how bad? im sure probly alot of u have heard this. if so my bad. if not. enjoy.

http://64.124.20.70/fastkG/10/05/freemp3/8mobshooters+jayzthebiter.mp3

Jome

Re: Jay-z Biter...pretty bad
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 11:58:01 PM »
There's been at least 2-3 threads about this, and we all came to the conclusion that Jay uses quotes more clever than most rappers..

Jay may twist a Biggie line into a Outkast or Slick Rick reference, and add his own flavor to it, whilst somebody like Game will spell the names out like the listener is a dumbass..

"It's nuthing like a G thang like I'm Snoop or Dre, I'm living my Dreams as if I was Kanye"

Clever lines with quotes/references with the rappers own twist >> Random shoutouts with simple references

In the first case you actually have to trackback and try to set the pieces together, makes it more entertaining, imo..
Lyrics are not that entertaining if you get all the lyrics in the first listen, imo, but maybe the MTV audience thinks othewise..

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 01:20:40 AM »
yeah agreed, jigga man was / is still one of the most cleaverest rappers, only person better then Jay has to be Nas, think we he was born he musta already been cluthin a notepad and a mic..

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 03:32:39 AM »
There's been at least 2-3 threads about this, and we all came to the conclusion that Jay uses quotes more clever than most rappers..

Jay may twist a Biggie line into a Outkast or Slick Rick reference, and add his own flavor to it, whilst somebody like Game will spell the names out like the listener is a dumbass..

"It's nuthing like a G thang like I'm Snoop or Dre, I'm living my Dreams as if I was Kanye"

Clever lines with quotes/references with the rappers own twist >> Random shoutouts with simple references

In the first case you actually have to trackback and try to set the pieces together, makes it more entertaining, imo..
Lyrics are not that entertaining if you get all the lyrics in the first listen, imo, but maybe the MTV audience thinks othewise..

Yeah well clever  ::)
I said it once and I will say it again
Jay Z most Overrated rapper ever

ABN

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 04:39:56 AM »
sometimes Jay spits clever lines but there´s no excuse for him to take a 20 year old Slick Rick verse and change a couple of words here and there and not even shouting out Slick on the joint. and most youngsters haven´t actually heard the original joint so that would lead them to think that it was actually something that Jay wrote and that´s wrong. and there´s also no excuse to have someone put togheter a 15 minute clip(the original clip was something over 15 minutes) with all of the lines that Jay has stolen/borrowed without giving credit to the artists in question.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 06:07:00 AM »
i don't mind when jay brings up an old biggie line, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 06:20:44 AM »
jay is dope

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 07:41:12 AM »

If it is more obvious, it's homage. If it's not, it's biting. When his flow is so different and shit, most people don't even notice and think "wow, Jay is a great lyricist" --> biting to the fullest. Homage >>>> Biting
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 08:48:50 AM »
sometimes Jay spits clever lines but there´s no excuse for him to take a 20 year old Slick Rick verse and change a couple of words here and there and not even shouting out Slick on the joint. and most youngsters haven´t actually heard the original joint so that would lead them to think that it was actually something that Jay wrote and that´s wrong. and there´s also no excuse to have someone put togheter a 15 minute clip(the original clip was something over 15 minutes) with all of the lines that Jay has stolen/borrowed without giving credit to the artists in question.

he does give credit to biggie tho, has on several occasions
NO MORE WAR

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 01:35:28 PM »
Jay Z is a fuckin "Biter not a writer"

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2005, 02:56:14 PM »

Yeah well clever  ::)
I said it once and I will say it again
Jay Z most Overrated rapper ever

:sign_werd:
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Like A N!gga Say Do

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2005, 05:34:54 PM »
Lol that was great.