Author Topic: Cleveland Cavaliers - Free Agents  (Read 206 times)

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
Cleveland Cavaliers - Free Agents
« on: July 06, 2005, 04:05:47 PM »
Just trying to get some thoughts on teams other than the Lakers...

Do any of you guys believe that Cleveland will be able to bring in a free agent (Michael Redd is who they are talking to today) to help LeBron?

If yes, do you think it will push them to the playoffs?

If no, do you think LeBron will bail when his contract is up?
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - Free Agents
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 04:10:12 PM »
with Redd can they make the playoffs? FUCK YES

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 06:45:05 PM »
they just better not pay Redd more than his ass is worth
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

T-Dub

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 07:43:20 PM »
I believe Michael Redd is from Ohio so that is a big plus for them.  If they are able to sign him they would definitely be in the playoffs and depending on if they can keep Z and possibly pick up another solid free-agent in the mle range I think they could be right in the middle of the pack in the East.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 09:13:30 PM »
well so far it looks like lebron's on the same path as kevin garnett first round wonder....and that's IF they can make the playoffs

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

wcsoldier

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 02:05:53 AM »
They need to sign this Lituanian point guard (don't write the name lol) who beats USA in OG . He's the best player outside NBA . Plus if they kept Z he won't have problems to adapt. If Cleveland can have Redd too it will be a very good team for the future. They better have a strong team soon if they want to keep James  8)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 05:36:25 AM »
Even if they don't sign anyone, they should make the playoffs easily. It's a disgrace they didnt make it last year, and LeBron will be EVEN BETTER next year. So, no discussion to me. The important part is, how long will it take to make a championship team. Cause like Jordan, Bron was drafted to a horrible team like it should be in as the 1st pick. Duncan doesnt have this problem, so it's easy for him to get 4 rings in as many years as LeBron might still have none, depending on how the situation evolves.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Redd agrees to re-sign with Bucks
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 11:35:20 AM »
Coveted free agent Michael Redd agreed Thursday to re-sign with the Milwaukee Bucks, choosing to stay with the only NBA team he's played for over LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers.

"He's going to get a max deal in Milwaukee for $90-96 million, depending on what the cap is, over six years," Redd's agent, Kevin Poston, told The Associated Press early Thursday afternoon. "Michael started his career in Milwaukee and hopes to end it there, too.
"It was a tough decision between the Bucks and the Cavaliers, but Michael's heart is in Milwaukee and he's excited about his future there."

Redd, who was the top remaining free agent available, met with James and Cavs officials in Cleveland on Wednesday, one day after meeting with the Bucks.

The 6-foot-6 shooting guard averaged a career-high 23 points, 4.2 rebounds and 2.3 assists last season. He has averaged 17.7 points while making 39.4 percent of his 3-point shots since Milwaukee drafted him in second round, with the 43rd overall pick, in the 2000 NBA draft.

Poston said Redd, who turns 26 in August, is excited about playing with former Utah center Andrew Bogut, the No. 1 pick overall in last month's draft, and for the Bucks' next coach.

"Michael had Andrew have spoken at great length, and are really looking forward to starting something special in Milwaukee," said Poston, an agent based in suburban Detroit. "We also know who the Bucks are focused in on to be their next coach, and Michael is very comfortable with him."

The Bucks signed Bogut to a multiyear contract last week, and have been searching for a new coach since firing Terry Porter last month.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3744266

acbaylove

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 03:47:05 PM »
Even if they don't sign anyone, they should make the playoffs easily. It's a disgrace they didnt make it last year, and LeBron will be EVEN BETTER next year. So, no discussion to me. The important part is, how long will it take to make a championship team.

I'll remember about those words.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 03:51:17 PM »
I Agree with 7even on this

acbaylove

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 03:58:13 PM »
I dont know. I mean i thought exactly the same things last year about my Lakers, but the failed. Shit i even thought Cavs were gonna be #2 max #3 in the East, and they failed too. Bball is too beautiful to say something being so sure about the future. I am sure about nothing. No more. No more since we lost with Detroit.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 05:08:55 PM »
Hello!..did you see the m.redd article?!...he's staying with the bucks..cleveland is not going to get him ,cleveland  aint doing shit annytime soon,their team sucks,"Z" is not  a guy that's going to put you over the top,Lebronze is going to New York in 2 years..
Cleveland manegement fuck up

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 05:31:01 PM »
Even if they don't sign anyone, they should make the playoffs easily. It's a disgrace they didnt make it last year, and LeBron will be EVEN BETTER next year. So, no discussion to me. The important part is, how long will it take to make a championship team.

I'll remember about those words.

I'll remember about those words  ;D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008