Author Topic: If you could Executive Produce the following rapper's next album....  (Read 111 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
It always seems like most of us are never satisfied with many of our favorite older rapper's albums, and even though we may be nobody to the companies and the artists, we definitely feel that we have the right vision for many of the albums we hear, and sometimes we are actually on point.

So if you could executive produce, or basically set the direction of the album for the following artists (and whoever you wanna add), how would you do it? Don't really name producers if you don't have to, but rather just the vibe of it.

1. Snoop - Make an album that is to Doggystyle, what Chronic 2001 to Chronic. Meaning..the same backbone that made Snoop who he was - amazing flow, over hot upbeat beats and havin a lotta personality...but at the same time, showing his growth since he came out, and puttin people in check who don't respect him now, even though he inspired 90% of the rappers in the game in some way. He doesn't have to speak about bitches, hoes, weed, gangbangin, and shootin like he did back then, but no singin, fake pimpin,  and makin songs that are borderline corny...even though I usually don't have a problem with it, I can see why many of his fans hate it. Musically, make it have a modernized west coast sound that doesn't sound too dark like some of Dre's newer shit, but that doesn't sound 90s.

2. Ice Cube - Make an album following the same formula's as all of Cube's older projects. Have a couple songs that are basically fun and laid back, but make most of it fierce, and speakin about real topics on every single track like he did on Death Certificate. He could put 2-3 radio/club ready songs to make it catch ears, but make the album full of substance. Make ths sound of the album very dark but west coast, somewhat like Westside Connection's last album did for a few tracks.

3. Dogg Pound - In most cases, when people aren't satisfied with Daz, Kurupt, or DPG songs/releases, it's usually not over the content, but just the overall strength and quality of the shit they'll do sometimes, and how much of it is questionable after hearin both of them drop classic songs and help classic albums. Therefore, they don't really have to change much of the topics, so talkin about the same shit for them wouldn't be a problem. However, they would have to make sure that these songs are at least 80% as good as the songs were on Dogg Food...meaning no leftover type tracks, no more 2005 or 2006 makeover tracks from Daz, try to limit all the "babblin" Kurupt seems to do at times, and no pointless disses to anybdoy. Make the vibe the same as most of their albums and songs are, upbeat straight west coast styled production.

4. Dr. Dre - For Detox basically...but it's not really much to say, other than make sure the artists featured come 110% correct, and that it doesn't feature too many artists that are just "hip" at the time. As far as production, hopefully Dre would actually be hands on producing more of it than we usually expect, but regardless of who makes what beats, make sure it is something ahead of everything we've been hearin in rap, attempting to change the game again in some way.

5. DJ Quik - Lyrically, make it typical Quik fashion, talkin shit about certain types of people and situations, havin a crazy flow on some tracks, havin a few deep tracks, and spittin vicious when neccessary. Musically, make it a blend of the musical genius that makes everybody love Quik, and at times, blend it with what appeals to most listeners in this age, but makin it blow the typical radio shit outta the water. This means, don't try to simplifiy the music to make it appeal to the general ear, but give them the elements that they seem to like in music, but spice it up to where it goes to another level.

You can speak about these rappers, or add your own.

ABN

Re: If you could Executive Produce the following rapper's next album....
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 10:08:11 AM »
1.Ice Cube - i would have to find a way to make Cube pissed off again coz he was obivously angry at a lot of things when he made all of his great music inlcuding Bow Down. and i would find producers that could hold that same bi-coastal feeling that they captured so well on Bow Down and maybe even have Cube produce a few of the joints on that shit aswell. i would have no club joints on there but a few laid back smoke type of songs(It Was A Good Day). and i would also try to find some hungry up and coming artists to pair with Cube on a few tracks coz that seemed to inspire him back in the days.

2.The Game - i would definently sit down and talk to him about subject matter coz every now and then he shows there´s more to him then just that regular gangsta shit and i would try to capture more of that coz you can keep it gangsta and be political at the same time. i would also try to come up with 1 sound coz that´s where i think The Documentary was lacking coz the sound was too spread out all over the place. and i would get to do some old school sounding joints with some funky funk samples and what not. and i wouldn´t alow more then 3 producers to work on the project coz then it´s a lot easier to get that 1 vibe that you are looking for.

3.Snoop Dogg - first i would take as many submitions of beat cd´s as possible and listen to them and find the funkiest shit in hip hop today and something that could really match Snoop´s early flow. i would keep the features to a minimum(DPG and Dre). i wouldn´t have none of that Rhythm & Gangsta bullshit and no more corny features. and i would try to sit him down and come up with some great ideas for story tellin songs and general concepts and themes for the songs to get that overall vibe that Doggystyle had and that Snoop´s recent shit been lacking.