Author Topic: Baseball & Softball Being Dropped in the Olympics  (Read 297 times)

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
Baseball & Softball Being Dropped in the Olympics
« on: July 08, 2005, 11:50:12 PM »
It's been decided now that starting in 2012 baseball & softball will no longer be olympic sports.

Reason given for softball is that it's not popular enough.
Reasons given for baseball is that MLB doesn't send players to the olympics & the whole steroids issue.

If the IOC is worried  about steroids than why don't they drop track & field from the olympics?

Some people think that this is anti-American becasue those are 2 sports usually won by Americans.

Rumoured replacments for baseball & softball are:
rugby
kirate
rollerblading
golf
Just to name a few

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Baseball & Softball Being Dropped in the Olympics
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 02:32:50 AM »
ah that's some bullshit

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 05:28:33 AM »

the should include skateboarding :D

sports that have pro-leagues like soccer, basketball etc have always seemed odd to me at being olympic sports..

e.g. for soccer there is the world cup..

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 06:15:08 AM »
They should drop the gay shit like syncronised swimming. Thats not a fucking sport its a piss about in a pool.

ABN

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 07:24:32 AM »
why should they have baseball on there when itīs not a big sport worldwide? itīs not a big sport in many countries so itīs the right thing to do drop baseball coz it wouldnīt be no competition what so ever. but they should drop a lot of other sports aswell.

Bomb-AŪ

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 09:19:20 AM »
no1 gives a shit about baseball outside america and japan anywayz

peace

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 01:22:43 PM »
Much of Latin America is mad. THe Domincan and Mexico are going to try and come together to bring back the sport. And the U.S. usually doesn't will baseball, as Cuba has won 3 out of 4 gold medals, and the U.S. didn't even qualify for the 2004 Olympics because Mexico beat them. Baseball is starting to become world wide, and in the little time it's been in the Olypmics, it's had a more diverse feeling than basketball. But since basketball has a better world wide market scheme, basketball is more popular and will never be taken out the Olympics, especially now that the Europeans are beating the Americans. I think Europe is mad at baseball, 'cause they aren't as interested, and look how many baseball players would have been great soccer players. I mean, could you imagion all those Latinos in MLB in soccer, but soccer and baseball are competing for the most popular sport in many countries.

My final thought, baseball needs to stay, softball should be held back on until the rest of the world can show it can keep up with the U.S. As for basketball, we need to send a real team that has team work out there, like the Detroit Pistons or the San Antonio Spurs as oppose to an All Star team. I mean, last year the Lakers all star, hall of fame line up lost to a true team. We need a true team out there, and not all stars.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 03:59:41 PM »
no1 gives a shit about baseball outside america and japan anywayz

peace

That's odd considering most of today's great baseball players come from Latin America. It would seem that if only the USA & Japna cared about baseball, then the best most of the best players in the game would be from the USA & Japan. Also if no one besides the USA & Japan care about baseball then how come Cuba is pissed off at the MLB Owners for not letting their players in play in the Olympics?

Think before you write

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 04:09:33 PM »
Thats bullllllllshit.  Baseball NEEDS to be in there.  And womens softball was huge last time. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 04:12:30 PM »
MLB is having the World Tourney next year arent they?

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 07:55:08 PM »
yah i heard bout that on sportscenter its pretty gay considering they kept synchra in it? lol and i forgot there was another gay sport they have in it too

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2005, 09:05:43 PM »
why should they have baseball on there when itīs not a big sport worldwide? itīs not a big sport in many countries so itīs the right thing to do drop baseball coz it wouldnīt be no competition what so ever. but they should drop a lot of other sports aswell.

you know how many sports they have in the olympics that arn't even popular anywhere

ex: that one winter game where they throw that thing on the ice and bunch of dorks sweep the ice around it....gay

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2005, 09:06:31 PM »
and i agree with overseer, skateboarding should be an olympic sport

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2005, 09:09:05 PM »
no1 gives a shit about baseball and sodtball outside america and japan anywayz

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2005, 09:13:30 PM »

you know how many sports they have in the olympics that arn't even popular anywhere

ex: that one winter game where they throw that thing on the ice and bunch of dorks sweep the ice around it....gay

lol Curling