Author Topic: I'm DONE with the army!  (Read 211 times)

'EclipZe

Re: I'm DONE with the army!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2005, 10:39:55 AM »
congratz   8) good 2 hear u learned somethin there

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2005, 11:00:40 AM »
I'm happy as hell it's over, but I'm happy as hell I did it too.

Congratulations that its over and I know what you mean with that...  

Man I remember being in the "army" in my country... like you I just had the choice between army and civil service and I thought Iīd go with the army... itīs 8 months here... I was stationed at barracks that belonged to the air defense and I thought it was cool and interesting to be trained on the AA guns (just like I wished.. because you can tell them which training you would prefer and if they have slots free they send you there..)  but no... like all other people that began their army service that time I just belonged to a bypass contingent... that means... we just got the basic training like everyone else for 4 weeks but not the training on the AA guns.... itīs because they have two cycles.. the ones that begin their service in january have the full training and the ones that start their service in july are the bypass contingent which just keep the barracks running... so that was a huge letdown right there because I was assigned to the "economics officer" (donīt know the proper english word for that lol) and had to assist him... it was like a normal job.. I had a desk in his office and helped him with this and that... I canīt find the proper words to describe the activities which we had to do that just had to be done in barracks but everyone whoīs been to the army knows what Iīm talking about.. anyways.. best thing came after 9/11 ... cause then security had to be tightened up.. now let me remind you I live in Austria... I donīt know anyone who would attack a small country like Austria but well... security had to be tightened up so everyone had to to guard service as well for the rest of the army service... man I was so pissed... out of those 32 weeks in the army I probably spent about 12 to 15 weekends in the fucking barracks... rofl... no weekend... yeah!  So yeah... Iīm glad that I did it because the comradeship was unbelievable but man was I glad when it was over.. and the last 1 - 2 weeks were the hardest... everyone knew that it would be over soon but those days were the longest... funny thing is I didnīt realize it was over until about one week later... great feeling!

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2005, 01:03:21 PM »
congrats mang
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?