Author Topic: in-depth conversation with Saigon(long read)  (Read 118 times)

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
in-depth conversation with Saigon(long read)
« on: July 25, 2005, 12:26:32 PM »
real interesting interview but really long..i enjoyed reading it myself though..talks about everythin, his album, opinions on other artists like 50 cent, eminem Jay-z etc..

this had me laughing, when he was asked about he opinions about different rappers:

Cedric Muhammad: Eminem.

Saigon: Eminem, wow. I think he’s a culture vulture, man.

Cedric Muhammad: (laughter) I asked Wise Intelligent the same question, and he said the first time he saw him, he was like, ‘Elvis Presley has entered the building.’

Saigon: Yeah, a culture vulture. Like, he says it himself. Not to take anything away from the dude’s writing ability. But you know what? I have been around the country - every White kid rhymes like that! You know what it is? You can tell these kids were in better schools than we were, so they have a more intense vocabulary. So when they write it comes out more prolific and better than how we right. If you notice, Eminem, he pronounces his r’s very well. So if I was to say a rhyme and pronounce my ‘r’s’; like ‘You’re a hater’ or ‘You’re a waiter, people would be like, ‘You sound like Eminem.’ No, I am just pronouncing the ‘r’. But he was taught going to these schools how to pronounce words better. We say hatah’, we don’t say ‘hater’.

Notice how when I say, ‘you’re a hater’, it sounds like Eminem?

Cedric Muhammad: (laughter)

theres a part 1-2 http://www.spinemagazine.com/

KURUPTION-81

Re: in-depth conversation with Saigon(long read)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 12:57:27 PM »
saigon talks some crap at times.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 02:09:10 PM »
Props,this was a great read.

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 03:09:58 PM »
i hate how those crackers pronounce their r's too, good for nothin tricksters.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 03:21:05 PM »
Sai says some real shit and some stupid shit in that interview. I guess there is no release date for his album yet.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 05:46:35 PM »
Eminem, he pronounces his r’s very well. So if I was to say a rhyme and pronounce my ‘r’s’; like ‘You’re a hater’ or ‘You’re a waiter, people would be like, ‘You sound like Eminem.’ No, I am just pronouncing the ‘r’. But he was taught going to these schools how to pronounce words better. We say hatah’, we don’t say ‘hater’.

Notice how when I say, ‘you’re a hater’, it sounds like Eminem?[/b]

wow!..what a moron Saigon is :loser:

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 05:48:55 PM »
saigon is sick! spits some real shit in this interview

pz

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 06:19:36 PM »
lmao saigon is an asshole!

Saigon: 50 Cent. Wow. This is very touchy because we have the same lawyer and accountants and I know how he plays. He plays hardball. Like, if he don’t agree with something you say, he’ll go to the lawyer and be like, ‘hey, f-—k with his books.’ (laughter). It is very touchy. But I am a man first. But 50 is a super talent. His voice is so powerful. He can say anything and draw people in.
My qualm with 50 is the bullshit he puts in his music. You can’t keep feeding the people poison without giving them nothing good. He has all of this attention and he could lead these mother f----rs to the Promised Land, and he would rather lead them to damnation. You got more money than you could ever spend in your life. What is your excuse for still doing this shit? What is the excuse for your new single you are talking about, ‘On my way O.T. to flip them bricks…’ You just made $50 million last year. What are you doing even thinking about a brick? And you got to think that there are young kids in the hood who don’t see that and they are like, ‘…yeah nigga I’m on my way O.T. to flip some bricks. F-—k that I gotta go get this money, I gotta go flip these bricks.’ And it is like he don’t care. There is an article where he said, ‘F--k anybody else’s kids. I don’t care about nobody else’s kids as long as my kid is alright.’ Now, what if somebody sees your kid in trouble and they have that kind of mentality? What if somebody sees his kid about to do the wrong thing – about to smoke some crack or something crazy and they have that mentality that he has – ‘Fu-k that kid. Let that nigga’ do whatever he wants.’ Come on man, you can’t say things like that. Put the shoe on the other foot. You’re a father. You definitely shouldn’t say no shit like that.

how many times is he gonna switch his opinion on 50? last interview he was on his dick like jome. atleast he spoke the turth this time. 50 pretty much runs the rap game, whatever he puts out is gonna sel & become a trend, so why put out songs like "Candy Shop"
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"