Author Topic: The London police are racially profiling Muslims on mass transit systems....  (Read 241 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
....and I for one say its about time. Unfortunately we in America are too stupid to do it because it isn't "politically correct". In NewYork City, they just started a program where they randomly search the bags of people on the subway in an effort to stop Islamic terrorists. But they don't want to racially profile, so they are searching blond haired blue eyed teenage girls, Japanese people, elderly women....pretty much everyone except the people who would be actual terrorists. It is ridiculous. Anyway, read the last few paragraphs of this article.

http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/PA_NEWA3088221122815454A0?source=PA%20Feed&ct=5

Alert over fears of third attack
2 August 2005

Police are still on high alert in London amid fears that a third terrorist cell could be plotting another strike on the capital.

Thousands of officers have been on the streets and guarding Tube and overland rail stations.

It came as the huge security operation continued, despite all four suspected would-be bombers from July 21 being in custody.

Security sources have reportedly told The Times newspaper that a third group, believed to be made up of British-born Muslims, was on the verge of staging an attack on the Tube system last week.

The men are thought to be of Pakistani origin, and have links with the Leeds-based terrorist cell which carried out the July 7 bombings which killed more than 50 people.

However, a spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Police said that the possible existence of a third team of bombers was "media speculation".

"We can't guarantee that there won't be a third attack, but we have never talked about a third cell."

She added: "We are remaining vigilant and operations continue."

British Transport Police have been targeting specific ethnic groups for "intelligence-led" stop-and-searches as part of their heightened security measures.

BTP Chief Constable Ian Johnston said that his officers would not "waste time searching old white ladies".

mauzip

You have no idea how much respect I have for the London police.

rafsta

europeans get to the point, no fucking around... stupid U.S is scared to offend people...

the muslims should understand it too, if i looked like a muslim i wouldnt be cut that they search me, atleast i'd feel safer they are doing their job.

UAK

Good luck with that  ;) but there are White/Asian/Latino/African American Muslims you can't profile.

What are you gonna do then ?

Deeez Nuuuts

• Muthafuckin' OG
This is good, but I doubt a muslim who was planning an attack would dress like it was obvious that they are islamic

J Bananas

stupid U.S is scared to offend people...

Because of pussies like you criticze everything the world police evil regime does, boo America :'(  :'( :'(  :'(

Lieutenant Abdul-Shakur

• 'G'
Good luck with that  ;) but there are White/Asian/Latino/African American Muslims you can't profile.

What are you gonna do then ?

all i gta say is the U.K appointed some real big dumb fuckheads as police commisioners

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
theres no problem with it. me and my friends get profiled all the time because we young men so the police like to pull us over but that is just accepted. theres no difference here only its target those more likely to plant bombs, good on them

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Well, it has disadvantages.. and other ones than being fucked up and not p.c. .. for instance, if I was a terrorist commander, I just get whitey to do the dirt work .. either muslim ones like Infinite.. or regular ones and just pay them. As soon as you think you know exactly what the killer looks like, he knows exactly how to trick you.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
its not as bad as the italian police telling everyone how they got that terrorist, its just like giving pointers on how to avoid prosecution

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
From the looks of the replies in this thread, there are a lot of double standards going on. But it's all good because they should have done it a long time ago.

But on another note...

europeans get to the point, no fucking around... stupid U.S is scared to offend people...

the muslims should understand it too, if i looked like a muslim i wouldnt be cut that they search me, atleast i'd feel safer they are doing their job.

But when you think about it, England has a monarchy. Their top official doesn't get elected in to office every 4 years. The politicians here have to seem as neutral as possible until they get in to office, but by that time, they are usually castrated by the senate or the house before they can do anything at all. Then you have presidents like Bush who tell other politicans to fuck off, and as you can see, people don't like it. If he started racially profiling Muslims, he'd probably get impeached and if that happened, there is no doubt in my mind that he would get the boot.

mauzip

But when you think about it, England has a monarchy. Their top official doesn't get elected in to office every 4 years.

That top official barely has any power.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
But when you think about it, England has a monarchy. Their top official doesn't get elected in to office every 4 years.

That top official barely has any power.

It's just a symbol. The Queen doesnt have shit to say. It's all on Blair, and he gets elected into office every 4 years. Like Bush.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Woodrow

It's just a symbol. The Queen doesnt have shit to say. It's all on Blair, and he gets elected into office every 4 years. Like Bush.
So thats how United Kingdom elections work?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
well she does have a certain amount of influence the prime minister must meet with her once a week and the house of lords is much more loyal to the monarchy however thats not the case so much anymore with the abolishion of heridity lords a few years ago, now its its just the PM who appoints lords now as far as i know? which i don't think is right really i think we should have a cross party commitee to select the peers.