Author Topic: 25 Greatest MC's of All Time... 25-21  (Read 230 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
25 Greatest MC's of All Time... 25-21
« on: August 04, 2005, 06:40:36 PM »
This is the list of the greatest rappers, emcees, hip-hop musicans, whatever title. Here is 25-21.

25. Common

Strongest album: Resurrection

Those who are in the underground long enough are forgotten, and are never talked of in the greatest of all times list. Then there are some who just make great record after great record, and make their spot amoung the best, even if the mainstream is sleeping. Common is that rapper, that no matter who is listening, he speaks his mind, and refuses to let his talent become a label waste. Common, with his spoken word flow, voice hits hard when he is making a point, and his love for black women make his a rapper that can be label "conscience." Common's interest in Hip-Hop though, have been questioned from time to time. His effort in Electric Circus caused some of his friends to think he was falling off. But in the end, he joined up with Kanye West, and produced what maybe his best album ever, BE, and solidified himself as a top 25 rapper releasing his 2nd classic album of his career.

24-23. Run DMC

Strongest album: Run DMC

Run DMC is without a doubt, the reason many Hip-Hop acts are even one MTV. They were the first group popular on MTV, and their hit single with Aerosmith lead the way for many other Rock/Rap duets. Run and DMC had unque chemistry on the mic, as they perfected the tag team technique, trading off lyrics well telling a story. One of the very few to use tag team rhyming, and actually make sense, both Run and DMC showed that they were MC's to be respected. No one in the rap game ever questions what the name Run DMC means to Hip-Hop, and they may have more respect from other artist than any other rapper out their. Run DMC may not be on many list, because they are hard to rank, but to be honest, their tag team style, and their chemistry pulling it off when many can't, shows that they deserve to be put on any list, and their influence, and the respect from their peers which is how many MC's are rank, is a strong argument that they may be the most underrated MC's of all time in terms of people ranking them as MC's.

22. M.C. Ren

Strongest album: Efil4zaggin

When Ice Cube left N.W.A., many felt that the group was over. Little did they know Eazy E had one more trick up his sleeve. In came the Villian in Black to save the day. A rougher west coast gangsta flow, with east coast lyrical skills, MC Ren controlled the mic, and was the star of the album Efil4zaggin. Since, he released many solid underground CDs, and his presents on the mic, though unheard by the general public, showed way he was the man that put N.W.A. on his back lyrically speaking, and was able to keep the group aflout. Since, Ren has kept his skills up, and is even starting to break in some underground rappers. A rumor about a N.W.A. reunion had many people excited that Ren would be back in the spotlight, but when things feel apart, Ren took it in stride, instead working with other westcoast legends like Paris. Ren is a legend in the game, someone who help create one of the greatest rap groups ever. And in the end, Ren will be remembered as the rapper who filled Ice Cubes big shoes.

21. Big Pun

Who is the first Latin Rapper to come home with a platnum plaque. Big Pun. One of the hardest, realest rappers to come out, Big Pun was everyone's hope to be the next Biggie. He maybe a big man, but his delievery could be clocked in the 40 yard dash next to Deion Sanders in terms of speed when he tried, and as one of the most lyrically gifted latin rappers ever, Big Pun had a huge Latino base of fans. Many mourned the lose of one of the best rappers out there. The Punisher's presents in the game was one of the strongest to be felt. He was able to put out a record that had the rare double appeal, as both the streets and the pop charts where loving it. Still Not a Playa was a very small taste of the talent Pun showed, but it was enough to show he was the MC that could make the commerical world buy a record that was for the streets. Few MC's were as good, few MC's were as real or Raw, and we didn't even get to see the best Big Pun had to offer.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 25 Greatest MC's of All Time... 25-21
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 06:43:29 PM »
I can see Common, Run and Pun in the 20s but I wouldn't put D.M.C. or MC Ren that high.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 06:46:16 PM »
I can see Common, Run and Pun in the 20s but I wouldn't put D.M.C. or MC Ren that high.

I was thinking of seperating Run DMC too and only having Run, but their whole style at their best was together, so that's why. I felt DMC proved he could hang with Run and I thought that it was only natural that they were that close. After all, the only real thing Run has over DMC is that his voice flows better, and his slightly better, but not by much. And I explained Ren, and it's up to debate.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 07:00:11 PM »
MC Ren ranked wayyyy to high.  He wouldnt even make my top 50.  I think CL Smooth and AZ are better than him.  Common should be top 20.  Or at leas higher than Ren?  Did Ren ever drop a classic album? Not compared to Like Water For Chocolate or BE.  The Mecadon
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 08:45:32 PM »
putting aside the fact u won't have 2pac as no1.

there is no way you can pick 20 mc's better than big pun

i'd put big pun above biggie!! 

coz when you talking about dudes being over-rated   biggie was hella over-rated
NO MORE WAR

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 08:47:07 PM »
MC Ren ranked wayyyy to high. He wouldnt even make my top 50. I think CL Smooth and AZ are better than him. Common should be top 20. Or at leas higher than Ren? Did Ren ever drop a classic album? Not compared to Like Water For Chocolate or BE. The Mecadon

Shock of the Hour is classic I guess.

But I agree Common is much better than ren

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 08:54:36 PM »
common and run should both be top 15

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 09:04:43 PM »
i completely disagree with common.  i dont want to hate but personally i have always thought he is as overated as any rapper has ever been

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 05:38:06 AM »
common def top 15, run , dmc and ren shouldnt be on the list.

sting3r

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 08:11:48 AM »
Nas would be in my top 5 :)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 10:35:10 AM »
Really man...you should post 20 - 10 in the next few days..and 10-1 few days after..becuase you're karma is going to get KILLED if people don't like the list...so you might wanna speed this up

oh and Pun is Top 20 easily
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008