Author Topic: Killīs 50 greatest albums ever - #50 (with NEW hook-up!)  (Read 713 times)

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
Re: Killīs 50 greatest albums ever - #50
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 05:55:20 AM »
hook it up!

Diabolical

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2005, 06:06:14 AM »
you god damn right

you mean to tell me that this album is better than

?

For real.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2005, 07:02:14 AM »
JAKE:

It doesnīt surprise me that you donīt agree, but I want to cover ALL genres. How do you define a īgoodī album? All the albums you listed fall into categories that are pretty different from the one Massive Attack is in; "OK Computer" comes closest to this style of music, everything else is COMPLETELY different.

there is barely an album in your list that came out after 1990...there is nothing that would have to do with the very interesting developpment of electronic music in the UK; yet, trip-hop, jungle, garage, dīnīb, house etc. did indeed play an important role in the 90īs and even the new milleniumīs club scene and "Mezzanine" was one of the most important and ground-breaking releases of this music style...

Your list is a compilation of a lot of pompous RockīnīRoll, some funk/soul/RīnīB classics and barely anything else. That wouldnīt do "music" as a whole justice. It wouldnīt be hard for me to set up the list you set up, but Iīm trying to make one that covers more than yours would have.

I donīt wanna say this album is "better than" what you listed (and you know exactly some of those albums are gonna pop up), but, yes, it can compete IMO. So many people have a rock bias when it comes to "greatness". Also, some of the albums on your list are overrated in MY opinion and it shows clearly that you got a weakness for pompous, bombastic rock albums. Iīm not critisizing that, only I wanna say that, unlike you, I think theyīre not all automatically better than this subtly haunting beauty of an album right here.

By the way, in the Rolling Stones list (and they do have a rockīnīroll bias), the other great Massive Attack album was ranked higher than:

The Doors - The Doors
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Metallica - Metallica
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
The Who - Tommy
Guns īN Roses - Use Your Illusion
Jimi Hendrix - Axis: Bold AsLove
John Lennon - Imagine
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key Of Life
Prince - Purple Rain (that no. 1 of yours was no. 264 of theirs)
Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Led Zeppelin - III
Led Zeppelin - IV
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin
Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
Sly & The Family Stone - Thereīs A Riot Goinī On

some of those albums are hundreds of ranks lower than Massive Attackīs. Thatīs a whole bunch of musicians and professional journalists who made that list. So, you see, Iīm not the only one who takes that band seriously....

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2005, 05:22:10 PM »
OK, hereīs the hook-up bitches:

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.php?id=25ZWOR1JRP8KC1ETPASN5K200G

hope it works

from now on, youīll get the hook-ups from clicking on the album cover or the link in my overview topic...peace

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Killīs 50 greatest albums ever - #50 (WITH HOOKUP)
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2005, 10:22:42 PM »
^ its down :(

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2005, 10:43:35 PM »
btw fuck rolling stones' lists.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2005, 10:46:58 PM »
and jake got a good list, i dont really agree with the order, but i gotta dl some of them albums.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2005, 11:43:58 PM »
God Damnit, it`s blocked...

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2005, 11:04:51 AM »
IīLL TRY TOI GET THAT LINK STUFF FIXED WHEN I GOT TIME, RIGHT NOW IīM BUSY, BUT TOMORROW MAYBE. SORRY

white boy: Yeah, I donīt agree with the RS list either, Iīm just saying that IMO itīs not like Massive Attack is a fuckin joke compared to all those big rock dinosaur bands, and that Iīm not alone with my opinion...Jakeīs list got a lot of great stuff on it, but it does not cover enough IMO. Iīll probably list a few more albums that certain people will find appalling in a greatest ever list, itīs just that, unlike some people on this board, I donīt hand out bonus points to gigantic rock albums for the mere fact that theyīre gigantic rock albums. In MY opinion, there are ska, reggae, electronic and even hiphop releases that CAN compete with those...not with the very best but with some of them...peace

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2005, 09:24:12 PM »
Personally i wouldn't even put this album in a top 100 list, however it's kind of refreshing to see an "obscure" album mentioned as it makes ya reconsider your own personal opinions on the album instead of just disregarding it just as an okay album.

I tend to find the usual lists pretty boring with the same artists that get mentioned over and over again. There's no doubt that 85% of them belong there, however from a reading point of view you can read quite a lot of different lists and it's like you've seen the order 10x before.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Killīs 50 greatest albums ever - #50 (with NEW hook-up!)
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2005, 07:31:46 AM »
Ok, hereīs another fuckin hook-up, this time I used megaupload. If this donīt work, Iīll drown in despair :'(

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2005, 08:34:11 AM »
where's the link ?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2005, 10:11:12 AM »
where's the link ?

like I said, click on the album cover (same as in Knucklesī case), or click the link in the overview topic...thatīs the two places where Iīm gonna put the link. For now, you can use this though:

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=33C6CHXY

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2005, 11:33:22 AM »
aight thanks, I don't see the album cover for some reason I never see pictures that are links

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2005, 12:24:59 PM »
aight thanks, I don't see the album cover for some reason I never see pictures that are links

ok. then from now on use the link in the sticky overview topic